ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 207
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
penguinz 05:15 PM 12-23-2015
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Does anyone have any insight on why it's become so hard to find a bottle of Blanton's lately?

Found three bottles today and grabbed them as if they were the last three I'd ever see. Guessing it's a distillery issue - haven't seen as much EH Taylor as I'm used to seeing on shelves either.
BT stated at the beginning of the year that even though their production is up that it would still be in short supply this year. That being said, I see Blantons on the shelf at hyVee almost anytime I am there.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:20 PM 12-23-2015
Originally Posted by penguinz:
BT stated at the beginning of the year that even though their production is up that it would still be in short supply this year. That being said, I see Blantons on the shelf at hyVee almost anytime I am there.
No shit? That pisses me off. You in KC?

In STL, Lukas hasn't had any in months, and the other local "superstore" (Randalls) has been in short supply - just bought the last three bottles they expect to get anytime soon.
[Reply]
penguinz 05:23 PM 12-23-2015
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
No shit? That pisses me off. You in KC?

In STL, Lukas hasn't had any in months, and the other local "superstore" (Randalls) has been in short supply - just bought the last three bottles they expect to get anytime soon.
Yes, KC area.
[Reply]
phisherman 09:19 PM 12-23-2015
Same here for the Blanton's. I can grab it off the shelf about 90% of the time I'm in any of my favorite shops.
[Reply]
phisherman 09:20 PM 12-23-2015
Sipping tonight on a Smooth Ambler single barrel cask strength 8 year rye. So much flavor with very little burn. A tall pour of High West 16 will probably be next. Nothing beats a good pour on a chilly night.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:47 PM 07-08-2016
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
Even though you're wrong, it's nearly impossible to lose when drinking bourbon.
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
Dunno...never been a fan of the Knob...it's not nearly as smooth as a few others for the price.

I owe you both a mea culpa. You were right and I was wrong - Makers is better. It's so clean. Wonderful. It's my new favorite.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:25 PM 07-09-2016
Picked up one of these today for $28. I am trying to expand my tastes into more "expensive" bourbons.

Am I supposed to be able to look something up about the warehouse number and barrel number written on the front?

[Reply]
Vegas_Dave 04:46 PM 07-09-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Picked up one of these today for $28. I am trying to expand my tastes into more "expensive" bourbons.

Am I supposed to be able to look something up about the warehouse number and barrel number written on the front?

That's one of my absolute favorites!!

No, you cannot look that up, it just tells you the skinny on it if you wanted to try and match it again. I have had many of these and unless it is one of the "special batches" (bottled for specific stores), they are usually pretty on par with each other.

I visited that distillery a few years back and it was hands down my favorite distillery visit as well. Very "old school" in how they did things.

Plus, $28 is a STEAL for that! Cheapest I can get it here in Vegas is about $40.00
[Reply]
lewdog 05:04 PM 07-09-2016
Originally Posted by Vegas_Dave:
That's one of my absolute favorites!!

No, you cannot look that up, it just tells you the skinny on it if you wanted to try and match it again. I have had many of these and unless it is one of the "special batches" (bottled for specific stores), they are usually pretty on par with each other.

I visited that distillery a few years back and it was hands down my favorite distillery visit as well. Very "old school" in how they did things.

Plus, $28 is a STEAL for that! Cheapest I can get it here in Vegas is about $40.00
Thanks for the info. I am just getting into this. Me and my dad actually.

Fry's grocery does a sale a few times a year where you buy 6 bottles and get 30% off. I picked up this among 5 other bottles today. Normally $40 there but 30% off comes to $28. They have some higher end stuff I can get there too including macallan 12 and Balvenie DoubleWood 12.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:10 PM 07-09-2016
I wanna try that
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 11:06 AM 07-12-2016
I tried the regular 4 Roses, which is a blend not a single barrel, and frankly I thought it was swill. Definitely not something to drink straight. How was your bottle?
[Reply]
srvy 12:07 PM 07-12-2016
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
I tried the regular 4 Roses, which is a blend not a single barrel, and frankly I thought it was swill. Definitely not something to drink straight. How was your bottle?
Yes my sentiments exactly and my experience would make it highly unlikely I would take a chance on the bottle above.
I set that 4 Roses bottle out on the edge of the dumpster and work I figured the bum who comes thru on his dumpster run would get a prize. When I got in from the field it was gone and I wonder if it was an employee or a bum:-)
[Reply]
shitgoose 12:52 PM 07-12-2016
To each his own. I find the 4Roses single barrel to be quite good.

When I was in Co Springs last month I picked up a few bottles that aren't available in the Wichita market. One was Noah's Mill which was very very good and the younger sibling Rowan's Creek which was pretty good too.

Also picked up a bottle of Elijah Craig barrel proof (138.8). Pouring it neat will put some hair on your balls and fire in your belly. I prefer a little ice
[Reply]
Vegas_Dave 01:40 PM 07-12-2016
Originally Posted by srvy:
Yes my sentiments exactly and my experience would make it highly unlikely I would take a chance on the bottle above.
I set that 4 Roses bottle out on the edge of the dumpster and work I figured the bum who comes thru on his dumpster run would get a prize. When I got in from the field it was gone and I wonder if it was an employee or a bum:-)
There are 3 main Four Roses bottles - 1 is swill but the other 2 are great:

- Four Roses - Yellow Label (swill)
- Four Roses Small Batch - REALLY Solid Low Cost ($25-$30)
- Four Roses Single Barrel - Amazingly Good Mid Price ($40)

There are some Single Barrel special editions (Total Wine in my area has 2 different ones) that go for even more, but personally I prefer the primary Single Barrel.

Its amazing at how much a difference there is considering how blah the Yellow Label is.
[Reply]
Vegas_Dave 01:41 PM 07-12-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Thanks for the info. I am just getting into this. Me and my dad actually.

Fry's grocery does a sale a few times a year where you buy 6 bottles and get 30% off. I picked up this among 5 other bottles today. Normally $40 there but 30% off comes to $28. They have some higher end stuff I can get there too including macallan 12 and Balvenie DoubleWood 12.
I'll take the Four Roses Single Barrel over the Macallan 12 and Balvenie DoubleWood 12 any day, regardless of price.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 207
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Up