ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>Netflix - Crime Scenes Dissapearance at the Cecil Hotel
InChiefsHeaven 08:07 PM 02-21-2021
A case study in the culture of Internet Sleuths and how people just don't have all the information needed to know the truth...and how conspiracy theories can go right down the rat hole:

EDIT: It's the Vanishing not the Dissaperance
[Reply]
Bowser 10:12 PM 02-21-2021
Yeah, it's pretty nuts.

If you "liked" that, you should check out Don't Fuck With Cats. It's like Crime Scene to the fifth power.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:39 PM 02-21-2021
The last hour of the series was just... boring.
[Reply]
In58men 11:01 PM 02-21-2021
The hotel manager is sketchy af.
[Reply]
Why Not? 11:08 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yeah, it's pretty nuts.

If you "liked" that, you should check out Don't **** With Cats. It's like Crime Scene to the fifth power.
How about the reverse? If I loved DFWC, which I did, will I dig this one?
[Reply]
Cheater5 05:56 AM 02-22-2021
They turned a 10 minute clickbait youtube video into a four part series with hours of pointless content. The whole thing could have been boiled down into one hour. I was underwhelmed.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:07 AM 02-22-2021
First couple episodes were good then it fizzled into conspiracy nutters getting too much exposure.

I came away thinking less about the girl who died tragically and more about how truly fucked the internet is making people. Imagine being that emotionally impacted by someone you've never met, then using their death to generate clicks on your conspiracy laden youtube channel.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:12 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
First couple episodes were good then it fizzled into conspiracy nutters getting too much exposure.

I came away thinking less about the girl who died tragically and more about how truly ****ed the internet is making people. Imagine being that emotionally impacted by someone you've never met, then using their death to generate clicks on your conspiracy laden youtube channel.
Agreed. Which is why I called it a case study in Internet Sleuths. I also agree that this could have been probably 2 episodes instead of 4, and the last episode was complete filler and unnecessary.

But, I still enjoyed it on the whole. It's a fascinating story about the place itself, it's history and some of it's nefarious tenants. I've never heard of the place, but I guess it's quite infamous.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:13 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yeah, it's pretty nuts.

If you "liked" that, you should check out Don't **** With Cats. It's like Crime Scene to the fifth power.
First thing I thought of once the internet sleuth angle was introduced. Don't fuck with cats was way better though, IMO.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:14 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
The hotel manager is sketchy af.
Yeah, the whole time I'm like...so you're a victim here...mkay...
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:15 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Eh, it's not a bad watch. Good waste of an afternoon\evening if you've not nothing better to do. It was longer than needed, but it kept my attention.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:04 AM 02-22-2021
If you’re looking for a good documentary that just came out.....go watch the one one The Night Stalker.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:45 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
To a point. KCUnited summed it up perfectly - starts out great, then dissolves into a story of people obsessed with the story.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:56 AM 02-22-2021
I watched it; it was pretty entertaining.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 10:26 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If you’re looking for a good documentary that just came out.....go watch the one one The Night Stalker.
Saw that one a few weeks ago. Yeah, that was good. Ironic tie in with this show actually.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up