ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Media Center>Boss Busted in Jersey for DWI
gblowfish 10:30 AM 02-10-2021
https://nypost.com/2021/02/10/bruce-...in-new-jersey/

Bruce Springsteen was arrested for DWI and reckless driving in his home state, it was revealed Wednesday — days after he appeared in a much-hyped Super Bowl commercial for Jeep.

The “Born to Run” icon, 71, was busted Nov. 14 at Gateway National Recreation Area in Sandy Hook, a spokesperson for the National Parks Service said.

Springsteen was charged with DWI, reckless driving and consuming alcohol in a closed area, and was cooperative throughout his arrest, the spokesperson said.

According to TMZ, which first reported the arrest, Springsteen has a court date in the coming weeks and has no known prior busts for DWI.

Springsteen’s rep did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

News of the bust broke just days after Springsteen appeared in and narrated a Super Bowl spot for Jeep, in which he implored Americans to move toward the political “middle” in the spirit of unity amid recent bitter division.
[Reply]
2112 04:02 PM 02-14-2021
Fun fact: Bon Jovi grew up two towns over from me and Springsteen wasn’t that far either. Never liked either of their music.

Joe Theisman and Drew Pearson grew up one town over from me. Theisman is hated in south River while Drew Pearson is loved. Happy he got in the hall of fame.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:18 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:
Fun fact: Bon Jovi grew up two towns over from me and Springsteen wasn’t that far either. Never liked either of their music.

Joe Theisman and Drew Pearson grew up one town over from me. Theisman is hated in south River while Drew Pearson is loved. Happy he got in the hall of fame.
Why do they hate Joe? Notre Dame, San Fran, or both?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:18 PM 02-14-2021

I always found it strange that people viewed Bon Jovi as a "Hair Metal Band" when to me, they always sounded like a Pop-Rock version of Springsteen, especially Bon Jovi's voice and singing style.

For the record, I was never a Bon Jovi "fan", per se, but they were very, very good at their craft and certainly connected with tens of millions of people across the globe. I thought they were kind of cheesy but I have to admit, I was blown away when Jon & Richie performed "Wanted Dead Or Alive" on acoustic guitars for the Grammy's or American Music Awards (it's been so long that I can't remember the awards show they appeared on!).
[Reply]
stevieray 04:21 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I always found it strange that people viewed Bon Jovi as a "Hair Metal Band" when to me, they always sounded like a Pop-Rock version of Springsteen, especially Bon Jovi's voice and singing style.

For the record, I was never a Bon Jovi "fan", per se, but they were very, very good at their craft and certainly connected with tens of millions of people across the globe. I thought they were kind of cheesy but I have to admit, I was blown away when Jon & Richie performed "Wanted Dead Or Alive" on acoustic guitars for the Grammy's or American Music Awards (it's been so long that I can't remember the awards show they appeared on!).
I always thought Sambora's back up vocals were better.

Hell, he carried the band, IMO.
[Reply]
2112 04:31 PM 02-14-2021
NJ had a weird music scene that I never really got into. I did like south side Johnny and the asbury jukes though.

This is what my childhood was like. My brother took me to see Led Zeppelin in 1977 at the spectrum in philly. One of the greatest concerts I’d ever been to. I saw Pink Floyd with roger waters twice, the animals tour in 1979 at the garden and the wall at Nassau coliseum in 1980.I’ve seen the Grateful Dead a million times, their tickets were $7.50+ a $2.00 train ticket to the city in the early 80’s. Drinking age was 18 back then. In 2015 they wanted $7,500.00 for one reunion ticket in Chicago, with no Garcia lol yeah, I’ll pass.

Now? Lol I hate crowds. Football games I don’t mind, but I mean concerts and crowds. I’m a get off my lawn guy now.
[Reply]
EPodolak 04:42 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:

Sambora is a decent musician, probably more rock and roll than his band ever was.

Best New Jersey act for me - Frank Sinatra. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 04:57 PM 02-14-2021
NJ had a weird music scene that I never really got into. I did like south side Johnny and the asbury jukes though.

This is what my childhood was like. My brother took me to see Led Zeppelin in 1977 at the spectrum in philly. One of the greatest concerts I’d ever been to. I saw Pink Floyd with roger waters twice, the animals tour in 1979 at the garden and the wall at Nassau coliseum in 1980.I’ve seen the Grateful Dead a million times, their tickets were $7.50+ a $2.00 train ticket to the city in the early 80’s. Drinking age was 18 back then. In 2015 they wanted $7,500.00 for one reunion ticket in Chicago, with no Garcia lol yeah, I’ll pass.

Now? Lol I hate crowds. Football games I don’t mind, but I mean concerts and crowds. I’m a get off my lawn guy now.
I'll still go to small venues, but my stadium concert days are over. There's a local theater that gets some decent, kind of second tier acts, like Pat Benatar and Eddie Money (got to see him live the year before he died). That I can deal with.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:00 PM 02-14-2021
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:01 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:

Yep.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:32 PM 02-14-2021
I've literally never cared about Jon Bovi, but it needs to be said that Sambora had some scorching solo work early on... if that band ever had any balls, he had both of them

Used to genuinely admire Bruce, stole my moms Born in the USA all the time for personal use... Going Down, and I'm On Fire among others really connected with young me

Which is impressive, because in those days my identity was totally moving towards harder rock, MTV was really taking off... Billy Idol, Crue, Joan Jett, if you're old enough you get the picture

But of course as with so many other artists, he eventually became a filthy rich, totally out of touch partisan lib and so I could give a damn what he thinks about the state of politics or anything else these days

Credit where due though, he DID put on a helluva super bowl show a few years back
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:57 PM 02-14-2021

I think it was just that Jon had a ton of sex appeal (hugely popular with teen girls I knew)

So they were pushed into that niche because that was what was popular at the time.
[Reply]
007 08:55 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I'll still go to small venues, but my stadium concert days are over. There's a local theater that gets some decent, kind of second tier acts, like Pat Benatar and Eddie Money (got to see him live the year before he died). That I can deal with.

Benetar is one I'd still like to see live.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:10 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by 007:
Benetar is one I'd still like to see live.
She put on a fantastic show. Her voice is still 100%. Hasn't lost a thing.
[Reply]
Mennonite 01:17 PM 02-24-2021

Bruce Springsteen agreed to plead guilty to a single misdemeanor charge of consuming alcohol at Gateway National Recreation Area, a federal property where alcohol is prohibited. The government dropped the other two charges since Springsteen's BAC was .02, well under the limit

— Aaron Katersky (@AaronKatersky) February 24, 2021

Related:

[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up