ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>Boss Busted in Jersey for DWI
gblowfish 10:30 AM 02-10-2021
https://nypost.com/2021/02/10/bruce-...in-new-jersey/

Bruce Springsteen was arrested for DWI and reckless driving in his home state, it was revealed Wednesday — days after he appeared in a much-hyped Super Bowl commercial for Jeep.

The “Born to Run” icon, 71, was busted Nov. 14 at Gateway National Recreation Area in Sandy Hook, a spokesperson for the National Parks Service said.

Springsteen was charged with DWI, reckless driving and consuming alcohol in a closed area, and was cooperative throughout his arrest, the spokesperson said.

According to TMZ, which first reported the arrest, Springsteen has a court date in the coming weeks and has no known prior busts for DWI.

Springsteen’s rep did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

News of the bust broke just days after Springsteen appeared in and narrated a Super Bowl spot for Jeep, in which he implored Americans to move toward the political “middle” in the spirit of unity amid recent bitter division.
[Reply]
journeyscarab 10:35 AM 02-10-2021
I still don't understand in this day and age of Uber and such that these people cannot simply pay someone, anyone to drive them home after drinking. Its not that hard to pick up a phone and text someone for a ride. You have millions of dollars - pay a driver.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:40 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by journeyscarab:
I still don't understand in this day and age of Uber and such that these people cannot simply pay someone, anyone to drive them home after drinking. Its not that hard to pick up a phone and text someone for a ride. You have millions of dollars - pay a driver.
They just feel like they're above it, I think it's as simple as that. And if you're 71 and getting DUI's, this most definitely isn't the first time you've driven impaired.
[Reply]
Mennonite 11:04 AM 02-10-2021

News of the bust broke just days after Springsteen appeared in and narrated a Super Bowl spot for Jeep, in which he implored Americans to move toward the political “middle” in the spirit of unity amid recent bitter division.

Clearly we should embrace disunity and bitter division. That's the moral of the story, right NYPost?

Edit: I'm not a big Springsteen fan, but the "Nebraska" album is pretty damn good.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:26 AM 02-10-2021
I honestly despise Springsteen and thought his commercial was kind of ironic.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:31 AM 02-10-2021
Was he driving a Jeep...
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:41 AM 02-10-2021
Jeep and Springsteen ask for your unity in this difficult time.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:42 AM 02-10-2021
I'm just glad someone didn't try to meet him while he was in the middle of two lanes.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:24 PM 02-10-2021
Asshole deserved it.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:48 PM 02-10-2021
Hate the man. To bad he didnt crash into a Aids Tree and burst into flames.
[Reply]
alanm 12:56 PM 02-10-2021
Keep that man far away from the midwest!! :-)
[Reply]
vailpass 01:25 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Hate the man. To bad he didnt crash into a Aids Tree and burst into flames.
Seconded.
[Reply]
Mennonite 01:37 PM 02-10-2021
If he had run over a kid he would be qualified to be a coach for the Chiefs.

[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:42 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by alanm:
Keep that man far away from the midwest!! :-)
Wasnt he just in kansas on a jeep commercial.

Springsteen-Yelling at music
[Reply]
2112 02:57 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by journeyscarab:
Originally Posted by Bowser:
They just feel like they're above it, I think it's as simple as that. And if you're 71 and getting DUI's, this most definitely isn't the first time you've driven impaired.
He got arrested at sandy hook beach. Not a winter time destination. Why he was there is a good question. It’s a beach/park at the end of a peninsula, so I doubt any Uber drivers would be close by. Also you can’t bring booze on that beach anymore. Oh and it’s been like 15 degrees here each night.

He’s an ass
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up