Mock Offseason - 2/10/21

Cap Moves:
Extend Mathieu and Hill
Restructure Mahomes and Jones
Fisher takes a paycut and starts the season on PUP
Mitchell Schwartz retires
Cut Chad Henne

RFA Tenders:
Darrell Williams (Original Round Tender)
Byron Pringle (Original Round Tender)
Deon Yelder (Original Round Tender)
Charvarius Ward (2nd Round Tender)

FA Signings:
Anthony Sherman (minimum deal)
Kelechi Osemele (minimum deal)
Mike Remmers (minimum deal)
Taco Charlton (minimum deal)
Jarrad Davis, LB (Lions) 2 year, $6 million
Robert Foster, WR (WFT) 3 year, $10 million
MyCole Pruitt, TE (Titans) 1 year, $2.5 million

Trades:
2022 4th round pick for Jason Kelce, C

Draft

Trade #31 to the New York Giants for #42 and #76

#42 - Terrace Marshall Jr., WR, LSU
#63 - Dillon Radunz, OT, North Dakota State
#76 - Quinn Meinerz, OC/OG, Wisconsin-Whitewater
#94 - Quincy Roche, DE, Univ. of Miami
#130 - Daelin Hayes, DE, Notre Dame
#162 - JaCoby Stevens, S, LSU
#224 - Olaijah Griffin, CB, USC

53 Man Roster

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Jordan Ta'amu
RB - Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Damien Williams, Darrell Williams
FB - Anthony Schwartz
WR - Tyreek Hill, Terrace Marshall Jr., Robert Foster, Mecole Hardman, Byron Pringle, Antonio Callaway
TE - Travis Kelce, MyCole Pruitt, Deon Yelder
OT - Eric Fisher (PUP), Lucas Niang, Dillon Radunz, Mike Remmers, Yasir Durant, Prince Tega Wanogho
OG - LDT, Nick Allegretti, Martinas Rankin, Kelechi Osemele
OC - Jason Kelce, Quinn Meinerz

DE - Frank Clark, Taco Charlton, Quincy Roche, Daelin Hayes, Mike Danna
DT - Chris Jones, Derrick Nnadi, Tershawn Wharton, Khalen Saunders
LB - Anthony Hitchens, Willie Gay Jr., Jarrad Davis, Darius Harris, Dorian O'Daniel
CB - Charvarius Ward, L'Jarius Sneed, DeAndre Baker, Rashad Fenton, Thakarius Keyes, Olaijah Griffin
S - Tyrann Mathieu, Juan Thornhill, JaCoby Stevens, Armani Watts
K - Harrison Butker
P - Tommy Townsend
LS - James Winchester
[Reply]
Stryker 06:59 PM 02-12-2021
Any chance to do more and reach for Orlando Brown and Jarrad Davis? Just a question. I love these options and perhaps future draft picks to make it so? Just asking.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:13 AM 02-13-2021
I'd like it okay, although I'd still have fairly deep concerns about LT. I get you're pinning your hopes to Fisher's return in 2021 and I can't say that you shouldn't. I don't know that you can peg Tega Wanohgo as the short-term answer there given he was far behind Radunz technically coming out and in equal need of strength development. I think Radunz, while I like him, is a year away strength-wise. Maybe the combination limps you through until a Fisher return. That hope for Fisher's return scares me though.

I do have a hard time seeing Marshall fall to 42 in the draft. He's right there as a 1st-round caliber player much like Tee Higgins last year. I think he goes in the first couple picks of the 2nd to a team that drafted a QB. If the Jets go with a QB instead of Chase, I could see them as the most likely destination.

The bad part of it for me is the RFA tenders. Every RFA at original round will cost $2.24 million, then you have Ward at $3.42 million as a 2nd round tender. That means you have $10.1 million tied up in, primarily, scrubs.

Pringle, Williams, and Yelder should all be guys you try to bring back on vet minimum or near vet minimum deals, that will save you about $4 million. If you can't, then I think the obvious choice is to let them all walk.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:36 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Possibly. I don’t want him back though. I’ve said it in multiple threads. He’s 31 and he can’t cover TEs. He’s expendable.
He had 91 tackles on the season to go with a few ints and some big plays. I doubt the Chiefs see him as merely "expendable." I'd put it at more likely than not the Chiefs offer him a 2 or 3-year deal similar to his current deal.

I agree he's not great at covering TEs though. I'd like to see better there.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up