ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 50
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Media Center>Justice League (2017)
Munson 04:34 PM 07-23-2016

[Reply]
007 06:41 AM 02-23-2021
4x3? WTF? That isn't even imax format. That's 1980s tv format. This will drive me nuts to watch.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:58 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Does anyone really want to sit through a second viewing of Shakespeare In Love?
Never sat through it once. Same with Titanic.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:53 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Titanic was a joint venture between Sony and Paramount Pictures, with Paramount owning the music publishing rights.

Every freaking week for nearly 3 years, I had the CEO of Paramount calling me at 8am Monday and Friday mornings, wanting to know how much revenue had been collected from the various publishing sources because it was one of the biggest soundtracks of all time and they wanted to gloat.

It was so incredibly irritating that I never once saw the movie and haven't to this day.

Every time I even hear a reference to Titantic, I throw up in my mouth just a little bit.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:58 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Titanic was a joint venture between Sony and Paramount Pictures, with Paramount owning the music publishing rights.

Every freaking week for nearly 3 years, I had the CEO of Paramount calling me at 8am Monday and Friday mornings, wanting to know how much revenue had been collected from the various publishing sources because it was one of the biggest soundtracks of all time and they wanted to gloat.

It was so incredibly irritating that I never once saw the movie and haven't to this day.

Every time I even hear a reference to Titantic, I throw up in my mouth just a little bit.
High five, fellas.

[Reply]
The Franchise 03:20 PM 02-23-2021
Yeah, I’ve never watched it either. Never had the desire too.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:23 PM 02-23-2021
So I’ve seen reports that this movie is 4 hours.

Good lord.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:00 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So I’ve seen reports that this movie is 4 hours.

Good lord.
It was originally announced as a 4 hour, 4 episode series but that changed in the past few months to a 4 hour long movie.

Considering it took me about 5 nights to get through Batman v Superman The Director's Cut, it might take two weeks to get through this four hour movie.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:46 PM 02-23-2021
It was originally announced as a 4 hour, 4 episode series but that changed in the past few months to a 4 hour long movie.

Considering it took me about 5 nights to get through Batman v Superman The Director's Cut, it might take two weeks to get through this four hour movie.
Nuts. WB so desperate for new subscribers they gave Snyder Carte Blanche
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:41 AM 02-24-2021
Four hours. Jesus.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:19 PM 02-24-2021
From my understanding, Snyder shot 5 hours of footage and had a rough cut of approximately 3.5 hours before leaving the project.

Whedon shot 88 pages (essentially 88 minutes) and used some existing footage to create his version of the film, which Warner Brothers execs thought "sucked" and that it was a "piece of shit" before it was released.

Snyder isn't being paid a dime for this version and what will be released is his vision and his vision only but yeah, 4 hours is a huge ask.

I hope there's an Intermission point.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:22 PM 02-24-2021
The pause button will be the intermission, lol.

This is going to not only make or break the DCU, this is going to make or break Snyder.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:30 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
The pause button will be the intermission, lol.
:-)

Originally Posted by Bowser:
This is going to not only make or break the DCU, this is going to make or break Snyder.
The DECU is over. WB announced last year that there will be no more interconnected movies and moving forward, they'll be standalone.

Of course, that's until AT&T decides to fire yet another management team at Warner Brothers.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:35 PM 02-24-2021
From my understanding, Snyder shot 5 hours of footage and had a rough cut of approximately 3.5 hours before leaving the project.

Whedon shot 88 pages (essentially 88 minutes) and used some existing footage to create his version of the film, which Warner Brothers execs thought "sucked" and that it was a "piece of shit" before it was released.

Snyder isn't being paid a dime for this version and what will be released is his vision and his vision only but yeah, 4 hours is a huge ask.

I hope there's an Intermission point.
What I don’t understand is if Snyder already had a cut prior to leaving, then why was Whedon hired? Did The execs not like his cut? Did they hire Whedon to ‘Avenger it up’? Like punching up the one liners and making it more funny?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:40 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
What I don’t understand is if Snyder already had a cut prior to leaving, then why was Whedon hired? Did The execs not like his cut? Did they hire Whedon to ‘Avenger it up’? Like punching up the one liners and making it more funny?
He had an edit with no VFX, no score, no foley, no sound design and no ADR.

It was essentially a skeleton of a movie.

Warner Brothers allowed Whedon anything he wanted to complete the film, which is why the Snyder version should be very, very different from the film released in 2017.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:01 PM 02-26-2021
JJ Abrams is directing an producing the next Superman movie with a script by Ta-Nehisi Coates.

The Hollywood Reporter says this version will feature a Black Superman.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...source=twitter

J.J. Abrams is producing the feature, which, according to sources, is being set up as a Black Superman story.

Acclaimed essayist and novelist Ta-Nehisi Coates has been hired to pen the script for a feature reboot of Superman that will be produced by J.J. Abrams.
“To be invited into the DC Extended Universe by Warner Bros., DC Films and Bad Robot is an honor,” said Coates in a statement to Shadow and Act, a website dedicated to the African diaspora in the arts. “I look forward to meaningfully adding to the legacy of America's most iconic mythic hero."

“There is a new, powerful and moving Superman story yet to be told. We couldn’t be more thrilled to be working with the brilliant Mr. Coates to help bring that story to the big screen, and we’re beyond thankful to the team at Warner Bros. for the opportunity,” said J.J. Abrams in the statement to S&A.

According to sources, the project is being set up as a Black Superman story. This is something that the studio has been trying to wrap its head around for months, if not a year or two. Michael B. Jordan tried to develop a Black Superman project when he first arrived at the studio with his deal in 2019, but that did not go very far at the time, according to sources. It is possible that the studio could return to him to star down the line.

Coates is a superstar author whose books include We Were Eight Years in Power: An American Tragedy, The Beautiful Struggle, The Water Dancer and Between the World and Me, the latter of which was adapted by HBO. In the comic book space, he has worked on Captain America and Black Panther, with Disney’s Bob Iger crediting his influential run on the latter in the decision to greenlight the groundbreaking film starring Chadwick Boseman.

Superman first flew onto the big screen with filmmaker Richard Donner’s 1978 film Superman: The Motion Picture, which starred Christopher Reeve. The actor appeared in three subsequent films, with Brandon Routh donning the cape for 2006's Superman Returns and Henry Cavill stepping into the role for 2013's Man of Steel, 2016's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and 2017's Justice League.

This is the first DC feature known to be in development under Abrams' expansive WarnerMedia deal, but he has several DC series in the works for streaming service HBO Max, including Justice League Dark and Constantine.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 50
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Up