ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 17
« First < 51112131415 1617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Is it Darwin Thompson time?
SAGA45 08:35 AM 09-16-2019
With Damien Williams (knee) and LeSean McCoy (ankle) banged up, do you guys think this week could be Thompson's opportunity to go off? I think it'd be awesome to see the kid come in and have a big game.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:47 AM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Agreed. He's had opportunities and his most memorable plays have been negative. Aside from a few 5-6 yard bursts here and there he's hurt this team more than help it.

He'll be a better back next season im sure. This year though those duties need to stay with Spencer Ware and McCoy.

Ware reminded us yesterday how valuable he is as a pass catcher and extra blocker, which is greater than anything Thompson has done to this point.
I posted last week not to sleep on Ware. He has looked pretty damned good.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:00 AM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I posted last week not to sleep on Ware. He has looked pretty damned good.
I like that he brings something new to the table. He might get 2 or 3 yards at a time, but he's our best option for those tough yards. And he is making defenses really work to make the tackle.

I really want Darwin to become more consistent because he's easily our most dynamic back. But I think we'll be fine once mccoy gets the handcuffs taken off and Damien becomes healthy.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:09 AM 12-16-2019
i guess i missed wares explosion? looked like he just ran into backs to me..
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:15 AM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
i guess i missed wares explosion? looked like he just ran into backs to me..
Not saying I'd take him back, but this is the exact same shit people wrote about Carlos Hyde this offseason.

Not every back is Jamaal Charles or another 5.0+ YPC guy. Especially if he's a guy we signed off the street that nobody seemed to care about or want.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:17 AM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Not saying I'd take him back, but this is the exact same shit people wrote about Carlos Hyde this offseason.

"He doesn't make any plays!"

Not every back is Jamaal Charles or another 5.0+ YPC guy. Especially if he's a guy we signed off the street that nobody seemed to care about or want.
He's just a dependable veteran. Smart player, good blocker, runs hard, unselfish.

He's not elite in any way, unless possibly as a pass blocker. He is damned good there.

But he's a steady eddie.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:27 AM 12-16-2019

Im just saying, isnt it just as useful to have damien run into linemens ass with the chance of an explosive play sometimes?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:08 PM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
McCoy, Thompson and Ware are a real nice combo to have in your backfield along with the sausage!

Ware needs to be the guy to get the 1-2 tough yard runs. Chiefs have been lacking that since Hunt was kicked off the team.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:30 PM 12-16-2019

Jamaal Charles didn't get many touches his rookie year and didn't really flash a ton when I did. He put in a lot of work to become great.

I'm definitely willing to give Darwin another year before writing him off as a JAG.
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:37 PM 12-16-2019
Ware is a dependable veteran player and a good blocker. That's why he stays on rosters.

Darwin Sproles might turn out to be a nice player in the league but he isn't feature back material.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:41 PM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Im just saying, isnt it just as useful to have damien run into linemens ass with the chance of an explosive play sometimes?
For running into the asses of his linemen, Ware does a good job falling forward and occasionally can still break a couple arm tackles even after all the injuries he's been through. He does that more consistently than Darrell Williams did this year, and he runs with a bit more power and less "plod" than Williams. He's a much more trustworthy short yardage back, and surprisingly I think he still has some nifty speed if/when we would ever get him out on a screen.

Again, he's not the next great thing the NFL has seen or will see at the RB position, but he serves a need that we just didn't have. And he's not terrible. He averages around 4.5 YPC, has nice hands, and knows the offense.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:58 PM 12-16-2019
Darwin still has potential, I think it's premature to write him off. He's a rookie, and there's a big difference from whatever Mountain West whatever the fuck conference he played in college and the NFL.

We're going to need all hands on deck here down the stretch; and I'd put money on it that somewhere in this run, Darwin will have a big and important play. He's got some skills, he's just got to get used to the speed of the NFL and button down his responsibilities.

Ware is a dependable if unflashy veteran, and useful. Shady's your guy to make something out of nothing.

We'll need them all, and Damian too if he gets back healthy.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:36 PM 12-16-2019

PROMISE YOU, this is worth the watch...#Chiefs Darwin Thompson...givin the people content gold������ pic.twitter.com/lTU1u1A3w3

— Hayley Lewis �� (@HayleyLewisKSHB) December 16, 2019

:-)
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:37 PM 12-16-2019
Holy fuck bud.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:40 PM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Holy **** bud.
No idea why but I laughed way too hard at that, between the gold teeth, what he is saying, and the oddly innocent kid demeanor its a hilarious combo.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:49 PM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
No idea why but I laughed way too hard at that, between the gold teeth, what he is saying, and the oddly innocent kid demeanor its a hilarious combo.
Exactly.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 17
« First < 51112131415 1617 >
Up