ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 106 of 791
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116156206606 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:33 PM 03-04-2019
Nate Taylor just put out another article about the Chiefs looking for tall, long corners in the draft. It must be a prototype for Spags.

I bet Oruwariye or Joejuan are a Chief.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 08:46 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Nate Taylor just put out another article about the Chiefs looking for tall, long corners in the draft. It must be a prototype for Spags.

I bet Oruwariye or Joejuan are a Chief.
I like G. Williams (long & tall), but I suspect the Chiefs would be more than happy to to take either D. Baker or B. Murphy @ #29.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:48 PM 03-04-2019
ESPN's Todd McShay said this is the best defensive front-seven class in the last 20 years.
This isn't as bold as it seems. Going into the NFL Scouting Combine, the front-seven was considered really, really talented, and they then went on to break NFL Scouting Combine records. Montez Sweat and Devin White both lit the Combine on fire during the 40-yard dash, and the rest of the group largely elevated their draft stock as well. There are approximately 12-15 front-seven prospects who are expected to go in the first round with a handful of them coming inside the top-10. Ohio State's Nick Bosa and Alabama's Quinnen Williams are in play for the first overall pick if the Arizona Cardinals do not draft Kyler Murray.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:52 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
I like G. Williams (long & tall), but I suspect the Chiefs would be more than happy to to take either D. Baker or B. Murphy @ #29.
Those guys are both under 6’0” though.

The more I read, the more I think they’re going pass rusher Rd 1 and CB Rd 2. Especially with Houston and Ford both possibly leaving.
[Reply]
JakeF 08:56 PM 03-04-2019

There is a “significant market” for Landon Collins if he hits free agency, per league sources. And there are many who believe that the Giants indeed will let him walk out the door and not franchise tag him before Tuesday’s 4 p.m. deadline. https://t.co/3KSFAfT26x

— Pat Leonard (@PLeonardNYDN) March 4, 2019

[Reply]
T-post Tom 09:10 PM 03-04-2019

The more I read, the more I think they’re going pass rusher Rd 1 and CB Rd 2. Especially with Houston and Ford both possibly leaving.
I don't buy into the idea that the Chiefs won't pick a corner under 6'. I prefer brunettes, but I would not kick Scarjo, Elisha Cuthbert or Jessica Simpson out of bed. Baker and Murphy are 5'11". Top flight players. Either would be a great pickup at #29. I don't see the Chiefs letting one inch prevent them from getting a starting CB for 5 years.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:16 PM 03-04-2019

Then they had better trade Ford by the end of this week.

You can’t get rid of Houston and Ford and go into next season without a quality veteran pass rusher.

Free agency starts next Wednesday.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:32 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
ESPN's Todd McShay said this is the best defensive front-seven class in the last 20 years.
This isn't as bold as it seems. Going into the NFL Scouting Combine, the front-seven was considered really, really talented, and they then went on to break NFL Scouting Combine records. Montez Sweat and Devin White both lit the Combine on fire during the 40-yard dash, and the rest of the group largely elevated their draft stock as well. There are approximately 12-15 front-seven prospects who are expected to go in the first round with a handful of them coming inside the top-10. Ohio State's Nick Bosa and Alabama's Quinnen Williams are in play for the first overall pick if the Arizona Cardinals do not draft Kyler Murray.
If the Chiefs were to pick a front 7 guy, who do you believe they would target and why? Who has the best shot of either realistically falling to KC or being the target of an attainable trade-up?
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:37 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
If the Chiefs were to pick a front 7 guy, who do you believe they would target and why? Who has the best shot of either realistically falling to KC or being the target of an attainable trade-up?
Charles Omenihu
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:40 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I don't have an answer to that but wanted to say that a lot of people think when you have a position group thats deep you can just wait and grab one in the later rounds but actually the opposite is true . It's called selection pressure. Theoretically you want to take one as soon as you canbecause you should get a better pick early out of a larger group than you would out of a smaller group.

I had trouble getting my geneticist at tyson foods to understand that until one day it clicked for him. Harvard idiot he was.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:43 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I don't have an answer to that but wanted to say that a lot of people think when you have a position group thats deep you can just wait and grab one in the later rounds but actually the opposite is true . It's called selection pressure. Theoretically you want to take one as soon as you canbecause you should get a better pick early out of a larger group than you would out of a smaller group.

I had trouble getting my geneticist at tyson foods to understand that until one day it clicked for him. Harvard idiot he was.
:-)

Thank you.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:50 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Charles Omenihu
He's definitely got some speed and gamer blood in 'em.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:57 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Bucky Brooks on Patrick Mahomes:

"I give it a C because I just don't know if you ever see a guy that comes in with this skillset...he has an unorthodox game and undisciplined and unrefined game. Most of the time these guys can't be harnessed enough to play winning football."

Bucky Brooks is an idiot. Sorry.

And I get where you're coming from, I just don't agree.

You're locked in on corner. That's how you end up failing the draft. There's literally no reason to do it.

He changed his mind.

[Reply]
chiefforlife 10:03 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
He changed his mind.
Donald over Mahomes? WTF?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:17 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Charles Omenihu
Also seems to have very good instincts against the run.
[Reply]
Page 106 of 791
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116156206606 > Last »
Up