ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 102 of 791
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112152202602 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
TambaBerry 03:10 PM 03-04-2019
Did I miss it, Lawrence is getting tagged by the cowboys. That should help trade market for ford or houston
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:11 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Did I miss it, Lawrence is getting tagged by the cowboys. That should help trade market for ford or houston
Different positions
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:12 PM 03-04-2019
Some talk about this draft class being so loaded with pass rushers as if KC is picking top 10. That shit could dry up in a hurry.

There’s no guarantee that they get a shot at a legit edge player, especially given their need for DBs.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:13 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
There are only two aspects. Pass rush and run defense.

He’s excellent at one and below average at the other (though not as bad as people make it sound). Even if you think Ford only gets it done with his speed rush, which wasn’t the case in 2018, by all measures he was elite in that department.

I get that argument. I just think a DE that can give you something like 8 or 9 sacks while playing solid run defense is actually a more valuable player. I would argue that the biggest problem with the '18 defense was the inability to stop the run.

I'll take a middle of the road pass rush if it comes with a middle of the road to plus run defense.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 03:15 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Some talk about this draft class being so loaded with pass rushers as if KC is picking top 10. That shit could dry up in a hurry.

There’s no guarantee that they get a shot at a legit edge player, especially given their need for DBs.
Honestly, this is lining up perfectly for us. With the way some of these pass rushers could rise, it could push some more of the secondary talent down to us at 29. We could pick a guy there that has no business going that low because desperate teams reached for a pass rusher.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:17 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by JohnDONsey:
Honestly, this is lining up perfectly for us. With the way some of these pass rushers could rise, it could push some more of the secondary talent down to us at 29. We could pick a guy there that has no business going that low because desperate teams reached for a pass rusher.
well, they're either going to reach on draft prospects or overpay in free agency. One way or the other.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:20 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Once all these pass rushers blew up the combine, it was kinda not gonna happen.
Bingo.

The Curse of Lil' Chiefy strikes again! :-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:21 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Hell if we could send them Sammy and a pick for OBJ, it wouldn't hurt my feelings.
Well... mine either.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 03:22 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Thomas wants to be the highest paid safety in the league. No thanks
Nobody but Thomas knows what he'll accept. That's why you negotiate. And even if he does want to be the highest paid safety, it's not an unreasonable request as he's probably the best safety in football. If it doesn't work out, you look at Collins, Amos, Clinton-Dix Harris, Geathers, Boston.... or look to trade at a reasonable price. Point is, the Chiefs need a smart safety on the field that can lead the secondary AND stay healthy. I trust Veach to find that veteran player.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:31 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Nobody but Thomas knows what he'll accept. That's why you negotiate. And even if he does want to be the highest paid safety, it's not an unreasonable request as he's probably the best safety in football. If it doesn't work out, you look at Collins, Amos, Clinton-Dix Harris, Geathers, Boston.... or look to trade at a reasonable price. Point is, the Chiefs need a smart safety on the field that can lead the secondary AND stay healthy. I trust Veach to find that veteran player.
I'd sign Collins before Thomas due to age and injury history.

Thomas is a couple year fix tops.

Collins is a building block for 5.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 03:33 PM 03-04-2019
If you get Thomas and Collins that takes care of your safeties so you can focus on CB, LB and DL. I doubt Earl Thomas gets offered more than a 3 year deal anywhere, more than likely a 1 to 2 year deal to prove it, plus his age. Hot take I know!
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:34 PM 03-04-2019
Eagles shopping Michael Bennett.

For the right pick, $6M sounds reasonable for his production.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:35 PM 03-04-2019
I don't have any interest in Thomas at this point. Not sure I really have any interest in Collins either, simply because he's not a FS and I think it's the most important positional need we have other than CB.

If they're going to make one marquis acquisition, it should be a CB.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:35 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
If you get Thomas and Collins that takes care of your safeties so you can focus on CB, LB and DL. I doubt Earl Thomas gets offered more than a 3 year deal anywhere, more than likely a 1 to 2 year deal to prove it, plus his age. Hot take I know!
you can't possibly have the three highest paid safeties in football.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 03:36 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

I do think they will take a CB at 29. Rightfully so. But there will be guys available at DE in the later rounds. Guys like Zack Allen, Jerry Tillery, M. Sweat, Jaylon Ferguson, Carl Granderson, Austin Bryant, et al. Guys that can at least play in the rotation.
[Reply]
Page 102 of 791
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112152202602 > Last »
Up