ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Squirrels eating wiring
crayzkirk 04:12 PM 12-30-2019
How do I get rid of the squirrels that are eating the wiring and hoses in my car?

Got in my 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee to go to the lake the last weekend and it was hard to start. Got is started and immediately smelled strong gasoline. Shut it down to find the hose between the fuel rails was chewed up. While inspecting the rest of the engine compartment, I found one of the air vent hoses was chewed up and the wiring to the front drivers side turn signals was eaten through. Also, the ABS warning light came on which indicates that those wires were probably lunch for some squirrels.

I have a pump BB rifle however I don't want to be shooting it around my cars. I also don't want to put out any sort of poison that might harm other animals.

Traps or put a cup of antifreeze under the hood for them to drink while dining?
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 06:45 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Bought a couple of traps; The Squirrelinator and a Havahart 1030. So far, I have caught two with the Havahart and zero with the Squirrelinator. I thought the light was working however they seemed to have adjusted to it.

When I was pissed off, I was going to kill them however I just can't bring myself to do that. I relocated them to my favorite suburb, Grandview.

I have two containers with moth balls under the hood. I'm keeping the traps set and looking at ways of putting metal screens to shut off the access.

The real solution is to remove the 55 year old giant tree that is less than 20' from my house. Always dropping limbs on the driveway and house. Maybe clean out the garage?
I'm still using the live traps. Peanut butter and the waiting game.
Its like cleaning the garage or mowing the lawn. will always have to do it.
bastard breed like rabbits
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up