ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Nzoner's Game Room>Two Dudes Visiting KC For a Weekend
GabyKeepsMeWarm 02:45 AM 04-09-2024
So my best buddy is gonna visit me in the heartland.

Lil background…. We both lived and worked in NYC for about 15 years in the film/tv industry. In that world, you run into a million faces, but you also run into many of the same faces and it becomes a very small world, of sorts.

Through so many shows, we became buddies. And we’ve actually probably become closer friends since we both left NYC. Him going to BC, me going back to Kansas.

He traveled to KC along with a couple other very close friends to KC in 2015 for the Astros series. We lost game one, won game two and the four of us had a great time, and they basically joined me on the trip simply to see me be happy about this unique event!

Fast forward a couple weeks, and it’s the Mets/Royals in the World Series. My buddy asks me, of all people, if I’d like to join him for Game 5. Buddy is a Mets fan. He could’ve asked a million other people. But he asked me. I was pretty overwhelmed. We had standing room tix, and watched the game as Matt Harvey carved up the Royals until our boys in blue tied it up in the 9th and then the rest is history.

So there’s some prologue…. Now we’re both nine years older, and we’re gonna try to be “kids” again. Taking in some weekend baseball, adult beverages, etc…

There’s a few spots I have in mind to check out, but I’d like to see some thoughts, suggestions from the locals.

I’m certain to get some easy bad jokes here, and I’m prepared, so if you’re gonna joke about two middle aged buddies seeing each other for the first time in about two years, at least make it good.

Otherwise, gimme some suggestions. Negro League HOF, Boulevard Brewery, Joe’s, Fiorella’s, Gates, Arthur Bryant’s is covered. Those are obvious.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:01 AM 04-12-2024
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
If you really want to feel middle age hit Jim's in the Crossroads at night. Maybe it was the night I was there but I had to have had 20 years on everyone in there

Otherwise I'd pull up to Buzzard Beach and toss a toothpick in the urinal so the crabs can pole vault
Interesting. Ate there for first Fridays it was damn good. Westport is the young kid spot these days
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:23 AM 04-12-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Interesting. Ate there for first Fridays it was damn good. Westport is the young kid spot these days
That Italian Beef sandwich looks legit and the place actually reminds me of the 100s of corner bars around Chicago

I had an old fashioned that was so far out of balance and boozy that I ordered a 2nd

I'd go back if in the area
[Reply]
RustShack 11:56 AM 04-12-2024
Check out Fowling Warehouse. Just off 435 and State Line.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 01:22 PM 04-12-2024
As a native KC resident who only visits 2-3 times a year these days, for BBQ Joes, Q39, and JackStack are my go-to, with new visitors to KC….WWI museum, Negro BB and Jazz Museums, Boulevard Brewery, and afternoon at the Plaza or evening in the P&L district have been my choices of late. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:30 PM 04-12-2024
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
That Italian Beef sandwich looks legit and the place actually reminds me of the 100s of corner bars around Chicago

I had an old fashioned that was so far out of balance and boozy that I ordered a 2nd

I'd go back if in the area
Yeah that's what I ordered the Italian beef. It was legit
Go when the weather is nice on a First Friday the area is very vibrant
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 08:24 PM 04-14-2024
La bodega
Percheron
Town Topic
Majestic
Knuckleheads
Prime social Rooftop
Zona Rosa
Chicken n Pickle
City Market
Oak & Steel
The Belfrey
Slaps
Green Lady
Q39
The Peanut
Taps on Main
Fahrenheit 325
J. Riegers

This is a list.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:31 PM 04-15-2024
Caddyshack
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:36 PM 04-15-2024
Neck tattoos @ Mercy Seat
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:56 PM 04-15-2024
So I met up with both of these dudes in the bathroom at PNL. We did some fun shit like compared our ham helmets, light petting, etc. It was a good time I think they enjoyed their trip to KC
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up