ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 55
« First < 414748495051 52535455 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official (2020)-2021 NHL Thread***
DaFace 03:00 PM 12-20-2020
Well, it's gonna be a weird year, but here's your format:

The @NHLPA and @NHL have announced an agreement to play a 2020-21 regular-season schedule of 56 games beginning on Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2021. https://t.co/2on0oStnMd pic.twitter.com/aggYeVMjfj

— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) December 20, 2020

[Reply]
Gary Cooper 09:02 PM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Vegasing it up a bit, Canadiens...
Montreal will miss playing against Lehner and MAF in this series. Here, they don't even have the best goalie. They're overmatched in all other areas severely.

I hate Weber. Always have. Always will. Dude is a POS.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:05 PM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Brutal. Maybe that will motivate them a bit....
They better wake up quick
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:05 PM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
TB played tough at the end. Didn’t back off from the sore losers bush league hacking. Well done.
Yeah, where's the 'intent to injure' penalty when dude is slashing the back of the knee?

Oh right, just don't do it after the whistle....
[Reply]
AJKCFAN 07:33 PM 06-29-2021
Lifelong diehard Islanders fan who was in grade school during the Dynasty in the 80's (STILL the last North American sports team in the four majors to win 4 consecutive Championships in a row), so had to comment on this thread.

That was such a thrilling ride and it sucks so much that the Islanders were not able to dethrone the Lightning (the Lightning are going to finish off Montreal in 5 games max). Had they won Game 7, there is not a doubt in my mind the Islanders were going to beat the Canadiens and win the Stanley Cup (kinda like when the Chiefs lost the AFC Championship Game to the Patriots when we all know they would've rolled the Rams in that Super Bowl)

I have been privileged to be at Kauffman Stadium for the Wild Card Game and Games 6/7 of the 2014 World Series and at Arrowhead Stadium for the AFC Championship Game against the Titans. Believe me when I say this, that Islanders crowd at the now closed down Nassau Coliseum was every bit as rabid, every bit as intense and every bit as united and as together as those insane crowds in Kansas City.

Thanks to my friend who works in a high powered position for the Islanders, I was able to go with my son (and sometimes another person) to Games 4 & 6 of the Penguins series, Games 3, 4 & 6 of the Bruins series and Games 3, 4 & 6 of the Lightning series. It was so special and amazing, most especially the Pulock save to preserve the Game 4 win and the amazing comeback with the Beau OT winner to win Game 6 to force Game 7.

Hate that the season is over and the Coli did not get one last Stanley Cup to close out the Barn, but the UBS Arena right by Belmont Park is going to be one amazing and incredible new state of the art building worth going to - so hopefully they christen the new digs with the Stanley Cup they came oh so close to this year (and last year as well when you think about it)

We'll be back
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:46 PM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by AJKCFAN:

Thanks to my friend who works in a high powered position for the Islanders, I was able to go with my son (and sometimes another person) to Games 4 & 6 of the Penguins series, Games 3, 4 & 6 of the Bruins series and Games 3, 4 & 6 of the Lightning series. It was so special and amazing, most especially the Pulock save to preserve the Game 4 win and the amazing comeback with the Beau OT winner to win Game 6 to force Game 7.
Damn. :-)

That game 4 would have been incredible.

No idea what their offseason looks like, but as-is right now, they just need some firepower... they're definitely close to getting over the hump.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:01 PM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by AJKCFAN:
Lifelong diehard Islanders fan who was in grade school during the Dynasty in the 80's (STILL the last North American sports team in the four majors to win 4 consecutive Championships in a row), so had to comment on this thread.

That was such a thrilling ride and it sucks so much that the Islanders were not able to dethrone the Lightning (the Lightning are going to finish off Montreal in 5 games max). Had they won Game 7, there is not a doubt in my mind the Islanders were going to beat the Canadiens and win the Stanley Cup (kinda like when the Chiefs lost the AFC Championship Game to the Patriots when we all know they would've rolled the Rams in that Super Bowl)

I have been privileged to be at Kauffman Stadium for the Wild Card Game and Games 6/7 of the 2014 World Series and at Arrowhead Stadium for the AFC Championship Game against the Titans. Believe me when I say this, that Islanders crowd at the now closed down Nassau Coliseum was every bit as rabid, every bit as intense and every bit as united and as together as those insane crowds in Kansas City.

Hate that the season is over and the Coli did not get one last Stanley Cup to close out the Barn, but the UBS Arena right by Belmont Park is going to be one amazing and incredible new state of the art building worth going to - so hopefully they christen the new digs with the Stanley Cup they came oh so close to this year (and last year as well when you think about it)

We'll be back
Awesome. And **** everything tampa and vegas.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:04 PM 06-29-2021

[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:22 PM 06-29-2021
you can’t allow your stars to be whacked in the back of their legs just because your pissed off about losing a game. Should be a suspension not a measly penalty box time out.

The NFL has it right. Protect the moneymakers/Stars. Better game and bigger audiences.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:28 AM 06-30-2021
I was watching some of the 93 cup finals and even then those guys looked slow and un athletic,.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:21 AM 06-30-2021
you can’t allow your stars to be whacked in the back of their legs just because your pissed off about losing a game. Should be a suspension not a measly penalty box time out.

The NFL has it right. Protect the moneymakers/Stars. Better game and bigger audiences.
Yep, the NHL already does a piss-poor job of marketing their stars (partly due to players being so team oriented), then the playoffs start and the refs swallow their whistles, much of the speed and talent is neutralized, and many of those stars are sitting at home after the first couple of rounds are completed.

That slash should have been an intent to injure call and an automatic suspension, even if only for a game or two... but, it's a small penalty in a game that's already over and a $5k fine. I'm sure they've learned their lesson. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:33 PM 06-30-2021
Yep, the NHL already does a piss-poor job of marketing their stars (partly due to players being so team oriented), then the playoffs start and the refs swallow their whistles, much of the speed and talent is neutralized, and many of those stars are sitting at home after the first couple of rounds are completed.

That slash should have been an intent to injure call and an automatic suspension, even if only for a game or two... but, it's a small penalty in a game that's already over and a $5k fine. I'm sure they've learned their lesson. :-)
Sure they learned a lesson, take out the stars using an obvious illegal stick intended to harm that everyone could clearly see and its no big deal. Go to time out for a 1-2 minutes and your good.

NFL players get testy at the end of lopsided games sometimes too. Pushing and shoving etc. But, no one is diving at a players knees to do harm.
[Reply]
Monticore 03:06 PM 06-30-2021
Sure they learned a lesson, take out the stars using an obvious illegal stick intended to harm that everyone could clearly see and its no big deal. Go to time out for a 1-2 minutes and your good.

NFL players get testy at the end of lopsided games sometimes too. Pushing and shoving etc. But, no one is diving at a players knees to do harm.
As the guy always being speared/crosschecked/hacked, it has always been part of the game hated because you can tell the difference between somebody trying to get the puck or just trying to injury you, but for some reason it's part of game /accepted , like throwing at batters in baseball you can end a guys career doing this stupid stuff.

I have been speared in the nuts more than any human should ever endure , but 90% of the time no penalty was called at most they got 2 , intent to injure should be enforced more often , but there are probably 5-10 of those a game. If you punch the guy in the face during play it is a penalty but after the whitsle you could do it 10 times without getting 1 call , makes no sense.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:46 PM 06-30-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
As the guy always being speared/crosschecked/hacked, it has always been part of the game hated because you can tell the difference between somebody trying to get the puck or just trying to injury you, but for some reason it's part of game /accepted , like throwing at batters in baseball you can end a guys career doing this stupid stuff.

I have been speared in the nuts more than any human should ever endure , but 90% of the time no penalty was called at most they got 2 , intent to injure should be enforced more often , but there are probably 5-10 of those a game. If you punch the guy in the face during play it is a penalty but after the whitsle you could do it 10 times without getting 1 call , makes no sense.
It's strange to me that so many rules have been put in place over the years to help increase scoring when all they'd really have to do is call the rules as they're written. Getting rid of little bumps, hooks, and holds that interfere with players' ability to skate would go a long way.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:02 PM 06-30-2021
Habs deserved better after period, allowing a goal with 0.3 on the clock after dominating the period is a killer, not sure they are coming back from that.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:25 PM 06-30-2021
Two really good goalies.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 55
« First < 414748495051 52535455 >
Up