ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 631 of 3903
« First < 131531581621627628629630631 63263363463564168173111311631 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
LiL stumppy 06:01 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Think about it this way: how many people are in the world? Of those people, how many have corona? Of those people, how many need hospitalization? Of those people, how many need IVU care? Of those people, how many die?

That's a lot of paring down. Just do your part to prevent spread and relax for a month or two. The overwhelming odds are in favor of you and your family.
Logic doesn't work with OCD, unfortunately. That's the whole issue with the disease, it's extremely emotionally and illogical.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:03 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
We're all kinda assholes in one way or another around here sometimes, but I'll say again, that this place is an amazing community.

Thanks for helping keep me sane.
No problem, now go check the expiration date on your toilet paper.
[Reply]
loochy 06:03 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by LiL stumppy:
Logic doesn't work with OCD, unfortunately. That's the whole issue with the disease, it's extremely emotionally and illogical.
Well I don't get it, but maybe a single rational thought might penetrate someone's head and at least give them a bit of momentary peace.
[Reply]
TLO 06:04 PM 03-22-2020
But his point rings true - and I recognize that's the logical way to look at it.

I get trapped in these periods of being completely illogical, and I recognize those points too.

Just taking it day by day.
[Reply]
LiL stumppy 06:07 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Well I don't get it, but maybe a single rational thought might penetrate someone's head and at least give them a bit of momentary peace.
It may for a brief time, but it won't withstand. Not to say it wasn't a nice gesture or comment. I hope it didn't come off that way. :-)

It was more of just a side comment on OCD and how debilitating and illogical it is. It's much more than basic anxiety.

To beat it you must find a way to come to peace with the worst thing you're obsessing over, i.e. exposure therapy.
[Reply]
eDave 06:07 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
:-) People that hang out in music stores are generally insufferable.
Man, this one time I was feeling out a nice guitar and some dude one amp over started fluffing his tailfeathers with some Nickleback or some shit. I knew what he was doing. It's like that rice burner that pulls up next to you in your Nissan Altima wanting to drag.

Anyway, I layed into the solo from Don't Know What You Got Till It's Gone by Cinderella.

He left and I didn't get the guitar. Not enough sustain for my taste. Cheap woods. Worker said it sounded awesome. I said I know.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 06:08 PM 03-22-2020

Louisiana's growth rate for the coronavirus in the last 2 weeks has been faster than any other state/country in the world. https://t.co/EHvva0Jb5F pic.twitter.com/lkJNCRkAv6

— KATC TV3 (@KATCTV3) March 22, 2020

this is a powder keg waiting to blow.

I have a feeling Florida is gonna surpass everyone soon.
[Reply]
Kman34 06:08 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
We're all kinda assholes in one way or another around here sometimes, but I'll say again, that this place is an amazing community.

Thanks for helping keep me sane.
Dude .. We'll get though this.. And this time next year the Chiefs will be coming off a repeat SB win!
[Reply]
Donger 06:10 PM 03-22-2020
Yeah, I mentioned Louisiana early. Odd.
[Reply]
Kman34 06:10 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:

Bourbon Street... They can't quit partying.
[Reply]
eDave 06:11 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Dude .. We'll get though this.. And this time next year the Chiefs will be coming off a repeat SB win!
Yea TLO. I'm not trying to scare or belittle you. Just playing my role here.

Offer to talk is always open.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:12 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Man, this one time I was feeling out a nice guitar and some dude one amp over started fluffing his tailfeathers with some Nickleback or some shit. I knew what he was doing. It's like that rice burner that pulls up next to you in your Nissan Altima wanting to drag.

Anyway, I layed into the solo from Don't Know What You Got Till It's Gone by Cinderella.

He left and I didn't get the guitar. Not enough sustain for my taste. Cheap woods. Worker said it sounded awesome. I said I know.
:-) great analogy.

Look into getting a Gibson Firebird for sustain.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 06:14 PM 03-22-2020

Ironic. Ponte Vedra Beach today, Sunday afternoon, March 22, 2020.

Way to go, #COVIDIOTS !#StayAtHomeFL #StayHome #FloridaLockdown#COVID19 #coronavirus pic.twitter.com/kyrZZ5rJcd

— Terri ⚖ ⚜ 🎸✌🌴 (@LilPolkSalad) March 22, 2020

fucking DeSantis...
[Reply]
loochy 06:15 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
Louisiana's growth rate for the coronavirus in the last 2 weeks has been faster than any other state/country in the world. https://t.co/EHvva0Jb5F pic.twitter.com/lkJNCRkAv6
— KATC TV3 (@KATCTV3) March 22, 2020

So is the number of infected growing or are they just starting to test? You can't make useful claims like that until widespread testing starts in earnest.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:15 PM 03-22-2020
It may for a brief time, but it won't withstand. Not to say it wasn't a nice gesture or comment. I hope it didn't come off that way. :-)

It was more of just a side comment on OCD and how debilitating and illogical it is. It's much more than basic anxiety.

To beat it you must find a way to come to peace with the worst thing you're obsessing over, i.e. exposure therapy.
My mom had OCD , was very hard to deal with as a kid as I got older I understood more but still didn’t make it easier , it was tough to watch deal with it then the manic depression kicked in on top of that, my brother and sister went 20 years not talking to her because cope with it but both of them are a lot like her.i think we all have a little bit of OCD in us in varying degrees and direction.
[Reply]
Page 631 of 3903
« First < 131531581621627628629630631 63263363463564168173111311631 > Last »
Up