ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1681 of 3903
« First < 681118115811631167116771678167916801681 168216831684168516911731178121812681 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:08 AM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
He isnt saying shut it down either.

I like his quote about you arent stopping deaths just changing the dates. You can nitpick that a bit but in general he is correct given most places arent even close to over burdening the health care facilities.
I didn't say he was arguing to shut it down. He's arguing for a middle ground that isn't "Liberate" and isn't "hunker down and don't leave the house until we have a vaccine." That's not an especially provocative statement, nor is it an unpopular or lightly-held view. He also said that the Sweden approach was too far toward "just let everyone get it," and they have distancing measures in place currently.

I don't know of any epidemiologists or other health experts that recommend sheltering in place until a vaccine is developed and rolled out. What I have seen plenty of is people arguing to open up to an extent that would effectively wash away the sacrifice and progress of the previous six weeks.

You'd do well to actually listen to the sources that you post instead of just excerpting a single quote, and he didn't say a single thing about overburdening facilities in that interview.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:09 AM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
We don't just "let people die" under any circumstances. But if we're being reasonable, we have to understand we can't save everyone. That's not even happening with the lockdown.
Add to that how there are no coronavirus vaccines to begin with....
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:10 AM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I have no issues with that the problem is we need to lock up stupid people as well because if we have to rely on the average person to not put at risk people in jeopardy it usually doesn't end well.
That's a valid concern with no easy solution. And it's not even necessarily stupid people, it's also young people who have a sense of immortality and don't see this as a threat. Yesterday was a very nice day here and as I was out and about I saw numerous cars loaded up with teenagers roaming about. They don't have anything to do and they're getting restless.
[Reply]
wazu 09:12 AM 04-28-2020
That's a valid concern with no easy solution. And it's not even necessarily stupid people, it's also young people who have a sense of immortality and don't see this as a threat. Yesterday was a very nice day here and as I was out and about I saw numerous cars loaded up with teenagers roaming about. They don't have anything to do and they're getting restless.
They also have virtually nothing to personally worry about from this virus unless they have at-risk individuals in their home.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:13 AM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
We shut down our district before we had 1 cases within 100km from us or any community acquired cases. we have 16 total 14 recovered , no deaths and no new cases in over 5 days, was it luck? having measures in place before infestation? we are awesome and better than everybody else? the disease is not as bad as people expected?

My vote is having measures in place early but some might disagree.
Had a lockdown been instituted in New York two weeks earlier the death rate would have been 80-90% lower, yet people are bitching about there not being enough hospitalizations and deaths in their locales.

I don't even know how this is an argument.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:14 AM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
They also have virtually nothing to personally worry about from this virus unless they have at-risk individuals in their home.
I personally know of a physician that spread this to 11 other people, all of whom were high risk and none of them lived in his home.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:14 AM 04-28-2020
Exactly. And good luck trying to control them. Any parent of a teenager can tell you how that's going to go...
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:15 AM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I personally know of a physician that spread this to 11 other people, all of whom were high risk and none of them lived in his home.
You understand that. I understand that. Try getting it through a teenager's thick skull.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:17 AM 04-28-2020
You understand that. I understand that. Try getting it through a teenager's thick skull.
The point is more that transmission doesn't just occur in the confines of a home. It is more likely there due to time and proximity, but it's far from the only place this virus gets spread, and that's true regardless of who the carrier is.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:17 AM 04-28-2020
So the official numbers on Worldometers for Recovered to Deaths has now crossed the 70-30 line. The numbers overall are going the right way.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 09:18 AM 04-28-2020
Mommas alright
Daddys alright
They just seem a little wired.
Corona Corona but dont let yourself spread
The Virus
The Virus
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:20 AM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Anytime you disagree with my posts I know I nailed it
I wasn't disagreeing with your post really, I think you misinterpreted the intent of his post.
[Reply]
ghak99 09:21 AM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Everything or atleast damn near everything we do requires physically being there with the patient. It would take a massive under taking for that to change

“Yeah you have a cavity, here’s how you wanna hold the drill, don’t worry I’ll walk you thru it”
Going to the dentist just for an Ahh, yep, take these for a week and come back always felt like a massive waste of time though. If someone could throat a cam and email it or live cam, they could avoid driving 20 miles, sitting in a waiting room for 20 minutes, wasting his half hour, and then driving back home 20 miles. I would assume it should be cheaper as well, but I'm not sure it would.

It doesn't really seem to be much cheaper for my dad when he does his occasional Dr. consult online. Which is a serious wtf because that doctor avoids driving at least 4 hours to the satellite location, yet bills basically the same as far as I can tell. Dad still has to drive to the stylite location.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:21 AM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Not saying that this is my preferred approach, but the answer to your question is that we hunker down and wait for a vaccine. If the goal is to save lives no matter the cost, that's the right decision. If your goal is to save the economy at some level but let people die, it's obviously more nuanced.

If we can just get a very good therapeutic in the interim we could all get back to our lives for the most part I believe.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:21 AM 04-28-2020
Inflammatory damage to the body is not always seen instantly. Who knows if covid damage done in a young person today doesn’t come back to haunt then down the road .
[Reply]
Page 1681 of 3903
« First < 681118115811631167116771678167916801681 168216831684168516911731178121812681 > Last »
Up