ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1581 of 3903
« First < 581108114811531157115771578157915801581 158215831584158515911631168120812581 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:55 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by shitgoose:
It's the fact that NOW we are so serious about preventing the spread of infectious disease to the point of suing businesses that people voluntarily visit for "non-essential" services. It's bullshit. If you don't want to contract Covid-19 stay home. If a person leaves there home they have now assumed the risk.

End rant.
Well, again, most cities and states have strict Social Distancing protocols in place so people aren't allowed to get their hair cut or styled because it violates the 6 foot order.

What your suggesting would lead to a massive amount of liability that would most definitely kill smaller businesses forever and lead to a large amount of pain, anguish and suffering.

You're not ranting, you're uninformed, selfish and naive.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:56 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Exactly the problem. It's real easy for people who aren't in the position to tell someone else how they will run their business. It's true the big chain restaurants will be able to open at something like half capacity and get by. Small businesses on the other hand don't have that luxury.

So as with everything else in life it comes down to the risks you're willing to take. As a business owner are you willing to fully open up as much as you are allowed? As a customer are you willing to go to a place that opened up fully?

Obviously there is no one right answer but there is still a tendency to play down the economic impact this is and is going to continue having.

I think small business can open up to what is allowed but not full open. They are going to have to take precautions like seating spaced out, masks\PPE, only so many people in a certain space. Sort of like what Costco\Walmart is doing now.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:57 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
But that liability insurance isn't going to cover hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical expenses and if it did, it would cover for one time only, basically leaving the business uninsurable moving forward.
Assuming the haircut establishment is following all of the safety protocols that will likely be put in place (i.e. masks worn by the barbers/stylists and customers, gloves worn by all staff, thorough cleaning measures for equipment/chairs, etc.) I think it would be an inherent risk customers would assume by getting a haircut (potential risk of COVID-19 exposure) which would limit liability.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:57 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'd be surprised if any liability suit would be successful unless a business is being truly negligent. As long as they're adhering to their state and local guidelines, there's not much someone can fault them for.
Right, but you can't cut someone's hair without violating Social Distancing orders so really, this conversation is moot until those orders are relaxed or removed.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:57 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I get that, the general problem though is what if that person is careless and spreads it?
As in that person felt like shit and had a fever for multiple days or in three weeks it's discovered half a dozen cases were found to all be in contact with one person who felt as fit as a fiddle who went about his normal life one day?
[Reply]
petegz28 10:58 AM 04-22-2020
I get that, the general problem though is what if that person is careless and spreads it?
Then as he said you should stay home. The question you asked is something we face every day across many fronts. Careless drivers who are texting, drinking, etc. being one that comes to mind.

Carelessness is not exclusive to this virus nor is being careless with this virus the only possibly fatal form of carelessness.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:59 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Assuming the haircut establishment is following all of the safety protocols that will likely be put in place (i.e. masks worn by the barbers/stylists and customers, gloves worn by all staff, thorough cleaning measures for equipment/chairs, etc.) I think it would be an inherent risk customers would assume by getting a haircut (potential risk of COVID-19 exposure) which would limit liability.
How can you cut someone's hair if they're wearing a mask?

How can you cut someone's hair if the city and/or state require people to be 6 feet apart?

You're making an issue out of something that at this point in time, isn't even possible and if you break those orders, the owner/stylist is most definitely liable.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:00 AM 04-22-2020
WHO's on first?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:01 AM 04-22-2020
Your best post in the thread :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 11:01 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Right, but you can't cut someone's hair without violating Social Distancing orders so really, this conversation is moot until those orders are relaxed or removed.
I guess my point is that, in some areas (including Colorado), they're being relaxed shortly (as soon as next week). If they state tells you that you can do a thing, you can't reasonably sue someone who does that thing.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:01 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
FYI... here's what they do for the swab test. Tickle your brain...

Trying to get a sample from his brain? Jesus she jammed that thing in there. :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:02 AM 04-22-2020
It's the fact that NOW we are so serious about preventing the spread of infectious disease to the point of suing businesses that people voluntarily visit for "non-essential" services. It's bullshit. If you don't want to contract Covid-19 stay home. If a person leaves there home they have now assumed the risk.

End rant.

If I was a small business owner I would be more concerned about employee lawsuits than the above scenario just as long as I take the necessary precautions like wearing masks etc

Then again most small business employees probably couldn't afford a lawyer anyway but they could report you to OSHA if they were smart enough.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:02 AM 04-22-2020

End rant.
I would like to hear some legal guys takes on this. It sounds far fetched IMO.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:04 AM 04-22-2020
I guess my point is that, in some areas (including Colorado), they're being relaxed shortly (as soon as next week). If they state tells you that you can do a thing, you can't reasonably sue someone who does that thing.
Correct me if I am wrong but I was under the impression that "social distancing" is not necessarily a law.
[Reply]
eDave 04-22-2020, 11:15 AM
This message has been deleted by eDave.
DaneMcCloud 11:16 AM 04-22-2020
For sure, although that probably wouldn't stop someone from a lawsuit if reopening led to a death or deaths
[Reply]
Page 1581 of 3903
« First < 581108114811531157115771578157915801581 158215831584158515911631168120812581 > Last »
Up