ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 20
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Marcus Peters to the Ravens
Hammock Parties 02:20 PM 10-15-2019
*gulp*

My @NFL moles are telling me that @marcuspeters has been traded to @Ravens.

— Rob Parker (@RobParkerFS1) October 15, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 09:13 AM 10-21-2019
A corner's tackling skills are pretty far down the list of things Im too worried about.

They wanted him gone, so it's whatever, but he's got elite ball skills and forces a lot of turnovers.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:47 AM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Lol he didn't give up THAT many TDs.

Fwiw, he had 19 interceptions and 5 forced fumbles in 4 years with the Chiefs. Those are elite numbers. Unless you can show he allowed 19+ touchdowns, he clearly was a net positive for the chiefs.
I was not a fan of Peters personality or his locker room presence, but people on CP suddenly want to act like he wasn't any good on defense, and that they always hated his playing style while he was with the Chiefs.

He was elite at taking the ball away. He wasn't a great tackler, and man-to-man coverage wasn't his strong suit, but he created so many extra possessions for the offense.

If this defense had a player that played exactly the way Peters played while he was here, that didn't tackle well, and got beat in man coverage from time to time, but took the ball away via interceptions and forced fumbles at the same rate as Peters, in big situations like Peters, people here would love that player. They would say his strengths far outweighed his weaknesses.

I believe that is an absolute fact.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:19 AM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I was not a fan of Peters personality or his locker room presence, but people on CP suddenly want to act like he wasn't any good on defense, and that they always hated his playing style while he was with the Chiefs.

He was elite at taking the ball away. He wasn't a great tackler, and man-to-man coverage wasn't his strong suit, but he created so many extra possessions for the offense.

If this defense had a player that played exactly the way Peters played while he was here, that didn't tackle well, and got beat in man coverage from time to time, but took the ball away via interceptions and forced fumbles at the same rate as Peters, in big situations like Peters, people here would love that player. They would say his strengths far outweighed his weaknesses.

Personally, I never held that he was a flat out bad player.
I was deeply disappointed that the franchise didn't do the work to either figure out before drafting him he would be a bad fit, or work harder after drafting him to make him a good fit.
But there's a gulf of difference between a flat out bad player and an elite performer.
Peters produced big plays, but for us they were always on a minor stage. That wasn't completely his fault, but he wasn't part of a team competing for a championship or a defensive unit dominating the competition.
We may never fully know from the outside how much his failure to fully integrate into squad affected the overall squad performance, but it's hard to get too worked up over one player who was part of a mediocre to sub-par defense that wasn't up to championship snuff, particularly when his contributions were sporadic and when he wasn't contributing he was actively detracting from the group effort. We thought that habit of avoiding contact was a 'business decision' because he was looking for a better future out of here, but those business decisions continue to the present.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:29 AM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:

Peters was a cancer, who didn't like Mahomes and wouldn't tackle and couldn't cover anymore. He took chances, that harmed the team more than helped it. The same MO followed him to LA. The Rams fans hated him and realized who he was, it's amazing many on here still don't get it...

This was why he was traded for a JAG and even the Browns and Dorsey wanted nothing to do with him...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:18 PM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Peters was a cancer, who didn't like Mahomes and wouldn't tackle and couldn't cover anymore. He took chances, that harmed the team more than helped it. The same MO followed him to LA. The Rams fans hated him and realized who he was, it's amazing many on here still don't get it...

This was why he was traded for a JAG and even the Browns and Dorsey wanted nothing to do with him...
"But, but, but...RAYSUSSISM!!" - the dumbest of the dumb on CP.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:36 PM 10-22-2019
There's a difference between being a bad tackler and being a guy who actually moves away from contact.

Interceptions are worth a lot. They're huge. But you have to have a player who'll at least try to tackle runners.
[Reply]
Chargem 02:40 PM 10-22-2019
He is just so boom or bust, he takes big risks and because of that he gave up lots of touchdowns. Like lots. But sometimes he also got picks. If he gets lucky for a season maybe he helps you win it all, or maybe he gambles and loses for 16 games and looks like ass.

Basically what I'm saying is, you feelin' lucky, punk? If yes, sign Peters.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:07 PM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
There's a difference between being a bad tackler and being a guy who actually moves away from contact.

Interceptions are worth a lot. They're huge. But you have to have a player who'll at least try to tackle runners.
This is where I am with Peters.

I recognize his insane talent and will argue that tackling is about the least important aspect of a CB's game.. but fuck me, you've gotta at least try. You can't get 10+ other guys to buy in and put their bodies on the line week in and week out while you're sitting in the film room watching this guy actively avoid contact.

The most infuriating thing is that Peters is actually a great tackler when he wants to be.
[Reply]
-King- 05:11 PM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:

Yep. If he at least made the effort to tackle, then I wouldn't really care how bad he was in run support. But the fact that he actively avoided tackling was unacceptable.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:16 PM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
Well that makes the Ravens stronger the next time we face them. They already have a good corner in Humphrey. We talk shit about him not wanting to tackle but we won’t exploit it because we don’t run the ball. He’ll always be amped to play us!
Mahomes will toast his ass just like he did when he was running the practice squad. Guarooooooooonteed!!!:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:05 PM 12-28-2019

Ravens and Pro Bowl CB Marcus Peters agreed to 3-year, $42 million extension that includes $32 million guaranteed, which is 76 percent of total contract, per source. Deal will pay Peters $20.5M in year 1. The 3-year deal would allow him to hit the free-agent market when he’s 29.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) December 28, 2019

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:09 PM 12-28-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Looking forward to watching him flip to bitch mode when Reek burns him over and over.
[Reply]
Chargem 03:13 PM 12-28-2019
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Looking forward to watching him flip to bitch mode when Reek burns him over and over.
It would be funnier if the last WR on the roster (Pringle?) beats him for a TD with a double move.
[Reply]
O.city 03:20 PM 12-28-2019
That’s a good deal for the ravens
[Reply]
scho63 03:20 PM 12-28-2019
So Peters is getting like what, $2 million a tackle?
[Reply]
Page 13 of 20
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up