ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 43
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Has there ever been a more insecure QB than Baker Mayfield?
RunKC 03:43 PM 09-27-2019
Can’t believe this guy is still being looked at as a “future star”. If anybody should be compared to Jay Cutler, it’s him.

Actually..he’s worse

He talked shit on the Texas QB while he’s in the NFL, he took shots at his old coach who wasn’t even with the team anymore and continued doing it in the offseason, he talked shit on Rex Ryan and now he’s talking shit on Instagram comments.

Good God you dumb motherfucker. You would think he spends as much time doing this petty bullshit as he does studying for a game.

He has shown talent, but man this guy is not someone you want on your team when things aren’t going well.

More reason to be thankful we have Mahomes.
Attached: 0204A3A7-19B5-47E7-8A83-FCE91141861F.jpeg (160.5 KB) 
[Reply]
staylor26 09:49 PM 10-30-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Lol what?

You didn't explain anything. You sucked your own cock because you predicted the Browns wouldn't live up to the hype this year.
Originally Posted by :
Last year, he/they overachieved. This year there were big expectations
Nothing more needs to be said. I’m “sucking my own cock” about calling Baker’s personality an issue that would arise the second there were unmet expectations. That’s exactly what’s happening.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:48 AM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Nothing more needs to be said. I’m “sucking my own cock” about calling Baker’s personality an issue that would arise the second there were unmet expectations. That’s exactly what’s happening.
None of what you've said explains how Baker being a douche affects their ability to win games.

He was a douche in college and became the #1 overall pick. He was a douche in his rookie season in which he set the rookie NFL TD record.. What's changed?
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:19 AM 10-31-2019
Hunt is going make Baker Mayfield look good
[Reply]
In58men 06:44 AM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Chubb is the better back.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 07:12 AM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I'll bet he drinks craft beer and white claw.
Keep up. The White Claw crowd has already flaked to Natty Seltzer.
[Reply]
limested 07:18 AM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Hunt is not that great of a back. If you take out the first 4-6 games of his rookie season he is very average.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:28 AM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by limested:
Hunt is not that great of a back. If you take out the first 4-6 games of his rookie season he is very average.
Oh ok

Hunt led the NFL in rushing as a rookie with 1,327 yards ...

But based on his first 4-6 games he is just average. That's pretty funny :-)
[Reply]
FAX 10:27 AM 10-31-2019
Punditry is beginning to change their tune after this episode. It appears that the glaze is coming off the donut ... or the icing is sliding off the cake ... or the raisins are popping off the loaf ... or whatever the terminology is.

The point is that, suddenly, what Baker is baking isn't all that appetizing. I'm fully expecting the other Browns players to start making anonymous statements that aren't particularly favorable. After all, a 1:2 TD to INT ratio is league worst.

When the schtick stops schticking, it can fall apart quickly. And if the Chute Pickles lose to the donks this weekend (which can certainly happen), it's going to get real bad in Cleveland.

FAX
[Reply]
staylor26 10:29 AM 10-31-2019
None of what you've said explains how Baker being a douche affects their ability to win games.

He was a douche in college and became the #1 overall pick. He was a douche in his rookie season in which he set the rookie NFL TD record.. What’s changed?
So you don’t think it’s an issue? You don’t think it affects him at all that he can’t block out the noise? Why was his personality considered a possible red flag to begin with?

And I don’t give two fucks about what he did in college. That’s irrelevant.

I also don’t give a fuck about his rookie season. He beat up on shit teams and looked like this years version against the good ones.

His personality is an awful fit for the position he plays and it obviously affects him. He’s more worried about what’s being said about him than anything else. He has little man syndrome and it’s clear as day that is affects him.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:33 AM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Punditry is beginning to change their tune after this episode. It appears that the glaze is coming off the donut ... or the icing is sliding off the cake ... or the raisins are popping off the loaf ... or whatever the terminology is.

The point is that, suddenly, what Baker is baking isn't all that appetizing. I'm fully expecting the other Browns players to start making anonymous statements that aren't particularly favorable. After all, a 1:2 TD to INT ratio is league worst.

When the schtick stops schticking, it can fall apart quickly. And if the Chute Pickles lose to the donks this weekend (which can certainly happen), it's going to get real bad in Cleveland.

FAX
not sure how one can have that 1:2 ratio with those receivers and not get benched.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:34 AM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
So you don’t think it’s an issue? You don’t think it affects him at all that he can’t block out the noise?

And I don’t give two fucks about what he did in college. That’s irrelevant.

I also don’t give a fuck about his rookie season. He beat up on shit teams and looked like this years version against the good ones.

It’s not an ideal trait for your star QB to have, but that’s not the argument.

I haven’t seen any legitimate correlation (or causation) between him being a douche and his team not being able to win games. They’re losing because he’s playing like shit, he’s getting harassed in the pocket because his GM prioritized WR and pass rusher over OL, and their head coach is a fucking buffoon.. his douchiness shining is a symptom of all that, not the disease.
[Reply]
Shields68 10:57 AM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Chubb is the better back.
To me Cobb is a great runner and ok receiver for a back.

Hunt is a above average runner and great receiver for a back.

Hunt ran great routes. You could line him out wide or in the slot and it would be total mismatch if they tried covering him with a LB or even most safeties.
[Reply]
FAX 10:58 AM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
not sure how one can have that 1:2 ratio with those receivers and not get benched.
I suppose it's because he was their "Big Pick" and you can't admit failure ... or something of that nature.

Nick Wright had his graphics department make a slate that compared Baker's stats with Andy Dalton. Big surprise ... Dalton has been playing better (statistically). And Dalton just got his ass seriously benched.

I just think it's difficult for teams to admit a mistake. Especially one as major as this one. And, of course, you have to consider the alternative ... who is their backup QB? I don't even know.

Of course, Baker may turn it around. Their remaining schedule is phenomenally easy. They play a bunch of replacement QBs and some horrific defenses that their run game should dominate.

The Chute Pickles' season may hinge on the donk game. We'll see ...

FAX
[Reply]
FAX 11:01 AM 10-31-2019

I haven’t seen any legitimate correlation (or causation) between him being a douche and his team not being able to win games. They’re losing because he’s playing like shit, he’s getting harassed in the pocket because his GM prioritized WR and pass rusher over OL, and their head coach is a ****ing buffoon.. his douchiness shining is a symptom of all that, not the disease.
I don't know ...

Perhaps there's a part of his brain that says "I'm THE GREATEST COMPETITOR IN THE WORRRRLLLLD!!!" right before he slings a duck behind and over-the-head of his receiver.

FAX
[Reply]
staylor26 11:09 AM 10-31-2019

I haven’t seen any legitimate correlation (or causation) between him being a douche and his team not being able to win games. They’re losing because he’s playing like shit, he’s getting harassed in the pocket because his GM prioritized WR and pass rusher over OL, and their head coach is a fucking buffoon.. his douchiness shining is a symptom of all that, not the disease.
I just don’t see how you can say it doesn’t affect him when so much of the game is mental for a QB.

Hence why Leaf was brought up at the start of this by Hamas.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 43
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up