ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 129 of 151
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:46 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I’m fine. We were unanimous #1. A black swan event happened. It’s ok. We hang a banner. Zero question.

I also feel Gonzaga, Dayton, Baylor hang Final Four banners. They earned it too under the situation. At the Indy 500 a race is official after 101 of 200 laps of weather intervenes. They give a trophy to the winner even at 110 laps if it doesn’t finish. Same story here.
You don't get the jubilation moment at the end of a championship title game obviously, but the satisfaction about being the best team in a given year is very much still there.

We were the best by far and proved it over 30+ games. The championship is more than deserved.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:31 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I'll wear it to our banner raising ceremony.
You'll just have to vacate it anyways once the NCAA drops the hammer on you guys.

So I guess with that in mind you may as well go ahead and enjoy your fake title while you can.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:03 AM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
You'll just have to vacate it anyways once the NCAA drops the hammer on you guys.

So I guess with that in mind you may as well go ahead and enjoy your fake title while you can.
It will count as the post season ban AND a National Championship. Win/win for everyone.

:-):-) 2020 National Champions!! :-):-)
[Reply]
BWillie 08:11 AM 03-13-2020
I'm disappointed on the selection of shirts so far, but it's early. It's only been a day since we won the National Title.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:28 AM 03-13-2020

They only drop the hammer on schools that are stupid enough to comply with their requests.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:54 AM 03-13-2020
Can’t wait for Late Nite 2020!!!! Raising the fucking banner!!!

Chiefs: Super Bowl Champs
Jayhawks: NCAA Basketball Champs

It’s a great year.
[Reply]
bdj23 10:01 AM 03-13-2020
I know I'm in a small minority here, but I really don't care if they award KU the national championship or not. I get the extraordinary circumstances, but it will just feel like one of those Helms titles.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:13 AM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I know I'm in a small minority here, but I really don't care if they award KU the national championship or not. I get the extraordinary circumstances, but it will just feel like one of those Helms titles.
How did you feel when they raised those Helms titles the first time?

We’re you in the didn’t care category then as well?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:22 AM 03-13-2020
Can’t please everyone. But I’m pleased. Hang it, we were unanimous #1.
[Reply]
bdj23 10:29 AM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
How did you feel when they raised those Helms titles the first time?

We’re you in the didn’t care category then as well?
I'm indifferent to them, same as I am to this one. I guess a banner is a banner and they are they best team, but it doesn't really matter to me.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:51 AM 03-13-2020
I'm indifferent to them, same as I am to this one. I guess a banner is a banner and they are they best team, but it doesn't really matter to me.
I think you missed the satire of my post.
[Reply]
bdj23 10:55 AM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
I think you missed the satire of my post.
Yeah I know, I wasn't alive when they were hung. But if I recall correctly, they've gone from Helms Champion banners to just National Championship banners somewhat recently.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 11:03 AM 03-13-2020
What I've never understood is why there isn't some trophy for the NCAA #1 overall seed. We have trophies in every other sport that are above winning a division but not winning a title. It seems like that would have been a good compromise here: yes Kansas didn't win the tournament but they did win the #1 overall seed so that gets you something. The fact that there isn't a tournament and basically the entire season is now rendered worthless is a testament to just how little the regular season matters.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 11:12 AM 03-13-2020
Imagine actually wearing one of those.

How embarrassing.
Being an inbred Mizzou fan, you'll never have to worry about it...

[Reply]
BWillie 11:29 AM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
What I've never understood is why there isn't some trophy for the NCAA #1 overall seed. We have trophies in every other sport that are above winning a division but not winning a title. It seems like that would have been a good compromise here: yes Kansas didn't win the tournament but they did win the #1 overall seed so that gets you something. The fact that there isn't a tournament and basically the entire season is now rendered worthless is a testament to just how little the regular season matters.
I kind of agree with you. In almost every other sport, I wouldn't feel that way. You play best of 7 in NBA, MLB etc. In the NFL you get home games, you get byes, and there isn't tons and tons of teams so it's not really necessary to crown a regular season and post season champion.

But in the NCAA I feel it would be reasonable to have a REGULAR SEASON CHAMPION and an NCAA TOURNAMENT POST SEASON CHAMPION.

If I'm being honest, the overall #1 seed is a bigger accomplishment than winning a 6 game single elimination tournament where luck comes into play. I know that isn't exciting, but it is an accomplishment in itself.
[Reply]
Page 129 of 151
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139 > Last »
Up