ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 58
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs close to a deal with Tyrann Mathieu (now confirmed)
Dante84 05:22 PM 03-11-2019

The Chiefs are close to a deal with S Tyrann Mathieu, I’m told

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) March 11, 2019

Former Texans’ S Tyrann Mathieu intends to sign a three-year, $42 million deal with the Kansas City Chiefs, per a league source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 11, 2019

DRM08 07:46 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Kind of sad seeing J Houston on there. Especially before Berry and Co.
Nothing sad about dumping a $20m cap hit. :-)
Hoover 07:49 PM 03-11-2019
This is a signing you make when you think you are a Super Bowl contender.
FAX 07:50 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Totally. In hindsight we seemed even softer. But we ditched the Peters of the world and the Hitchens were supposed to be more physical and allegedly Speaks had never been knocked off his feet in a game (except for the fact that his most well-known moment was rolling on the ground). This is "Brett Veach Fix the Defense: Act 2."

After this season, we'll have enough to judge Veach on his own merits, good or bad. This signing can go a long way in determining the flavor of his report card.
Completely agree.

Right now, I have Veach at minus 844 Veachy Power Points. That's not real good, right there. And that's even after I awarded him 2 full Veachy Power Points for this signing. He needs to step up his game.

FAX
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:51 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Maybe so (referring to the part I bolded up, there) ... but to my eyes, it appeared we got even softer.

I know. I know. It doesn't seem possible, but I think we did. I did very little bragging about our defense last year. In fact, when the subject came up at dinner parties, I always changed the subject to Neiman Marcus' sale on men's' pajama bottoms. My friends learned a whole lot about pajamas last season.

FAX
They were soft as pudding Mr. Fax. And not the good kind of pudding either. Their pudding was like cheap-o school cafeteria pudding with the aftertaste of instant milk. Generic instant milk.

I haven't seen a true Chiefs defense on our field since the Year of our Lord 1997. That's a long time Mr. Fax. I sincerely hope that our new defensive overlords can correct this horrendous oversight and get us back on track to being the defense that no one wants to play.
threebag 07:51 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Nothing sad about dumping a $20m cap hit. :-)
True that. Just ready for Berry to go...
JD10367 07:57 PM 03-11-2019
Can't believe some of you are bitching about this signing. Your defensive backfield was softer than baby shit last season and you just got one of the better hitters and leaders for back there. Of course he wasn't cheap--no one is on the first day of FA because these are the best guys available--but the 3-year deal makes a lot of difference. I'd be happy as a pig in shit if the Pats had signed this guy. But some of you, I swear, if there was a knock on the door and you opened it to find a Playboy centerfold wanting to fuck you, you'd complain that she didn't bring a friend.
TwistedChief 07:57 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
They were soft as pudding Mr. Fax. And not the good kind of pudding either. Their pudding was like cheap-o school cafeteria pudding with the aftertaste of instant milk. Generic instant milk.

I haven't seen a true Chiefs defense on our field since the Year of our Lord 1997. That's a long time Mr. Fax. I sincerely hope that our new defensive overlords can correct this horrendous oversight and get us back on track to being the defense that no one wants to play.
We need no such sort of defense. We need average. Let’s not overstate what our goal is this offseason. The 97 Chiefs? Our 2018 offense in context blows away our 1997 Chiefs defense We just need the 2014 Chiefs d and we’ll have our SB.
Mephistopheles Janx 07:58 PM 03-11-2019
It would also be nice to find a 'backer who could replace that dumbass, slowpoke, half-broke, born-to-choke, total-joke, moron Ragland.

Thankfully, this is one of the best defensive drafts in ... maybe 5 years or more.

FAX
With Spags here... the team is going to 4-3, no? If so, I have to think Hitchens is going to take Mike and Ragland will be relegated to backup and special teams. O'Daniel at Will and K-Pass at Sam?

I have no idea what the LB core is going to look like next season.
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:59 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
We need no such sort of defense. We need average. Let’s not overstate what our goal is this offseason. The 97 Chiefs? Our 2018 offense in context blows away our 1997 Chiefs defense We just need the 2014 Chiefs d and we’ll have our SB.
We don't need the output, but we DO need the attitude.
Stryker 08:00 PM 03-11-2019
Dude ... we have a center. Three of them, in fact. And one of them is pretty damn good.

As for CBs ... yes. Same with DEs. It would also be nice to find a 'backer who could replace that dumbass, slowpoke, half-broke, born-to-choke, total-joke, moron Ragland.

Thankfully, this is one of the best defensive drafts in ... maybe 5 years or more.

FAX
I concur and you are correct about the C. We are unfortunately in a bad drafting position to get what we really need. Trusting in Veach. Good news is we are in this position b/c of Mahomie!
FAX 08:00 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by JD10367:
Can't believe some of you are bitching about this signing. Your defensive backfield was softer than baby shit last season and you just got one of the better hitters and leaders for back there. Of course he wasn't cheap--no one is on the first day of FA because these are the best guys available--but the 3-year deal makes a lot of difference. I'd be happy as a pig in shit if the Pats had signed this guy. But some of you, I swear, if there was a knock on the door and you opened it to find a Playboy centerfold wanting to **** you, you'd complain that she didn't bring a friend.
Yep.

FAX
Iowanian 08:01 PM 03-11-2019
This addition does not disappoint me.

Hopefully his spirit is in check...

When does Saint Berry hit the bricks?
threebag 08:02 PM 03-11-2019
Let’s snap them fucking chinstraps and go earn some rings.
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:02 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by JD10367:
Can't believe some of you are bi-
Thank you New England....

Don't call us, we'll call you. Buh-bye now.
pugsnotdrugs19 08:02 PM 03-11-2019
From Paylor:

A little more on Tyrann Mathieu and the Chiefs:

The Texans offered Mathieu a long-term deal worth over $9.5 million per year before free agency, but once it started, Chiefs and Texans were bidding for Mathieu until the very end. Hearing Houston’s final offer was close to KC’s.

Page 23 of 58
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up