Page 174 of 298
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184224274 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
O.city 11:49 AM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So what you're saying is that you've actually watched a game or two this season?

You know who finally looked less tentative last week? Sorensen. I mean he still looked slow, but that's because he's not terribly fast. He finally looked decisive again though. When he was near a play, he went 100 mph throughout and looked a ton more comfortable. It took 5 weeks to shake the rust off but he finally looked like the aggressive, but notably flawed, player he's been here for 3-4 years.

C'mon Berry - give us anything back there man and we may have something resembling fringe-average play from our safeties.

Nobody is asking for good at this point. We're just looking for something a hair short of abysmal.
You know they'll still play Parker on all the defensive snaps, right? He's not coming off the field.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 11:52 AM 12-12-2018
I think our Defense shows up to play Thursday Night. I expect a huge game from them.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:53 AM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
You know they'll still play Parker on all the defensive snaps, right? He's not coming off the field.

Which is more likely - Cardinals sign Harper or Chiefs bench Parker?

C'mon - you're holding out hope on the former and we know that's not happening. The latter...well there's a non-zero chance here.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:54 AM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Nah. Sutton irritates me but no way he's that dumb if a relatively healthy Berry is available. Weren't we planning on a Berry/Sorenson duo before the season began?
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:00 AM 12-13-2018
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
curious to see what your proposed even front looks like given KC current personnel. I'd hate to see even more responsibility put on Hitchens/Ragland in coverage, or even moving laterally sideline to sideline (unless your proposing Dorian stepping in at OLB, and maybe a reduced/under front?)
I stated this in a thread a few weeks ago.

Bailey at RDE, Williams and Nnadi at DTs, and Chris Jones at LDE. Tanoh and Speaks would spell Bailey and Jones, and Hamilton would be rotating with Nnadi and Williams at DT.

This would bolster the run defense quite a bit in my opinion. 5 offensive linemen versus 3 defensive linemen and whichever linebacker they choose run at is an automatic mismatch in the offensive line's favor.

Really, we would be able to show the QB so many varied potential combinations and alignments, creating confusion along the offensive line. Right now we pretty much have the same alignment 80% of the time, with our big surprise for O-line being which side Ford and Houston line up.

I had other points but I am sleep deprived and lost my train of thought.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 10:43 AM 12-13-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:

Bailey at RDE, Williams and Nnadi at DTs, and Chris Jones at LDE. Tanoh and Speaks would spell Bailey and Jones, and Hamilton would be rotating with Nnadi and Williams at DT.

This would bolster the run defense quite a bit in my opinion. 5 offensive linemen versus 3 defensive linemen and whichever linebacker they choose run at is an automatic mismatch in the offensive line's favor.

Really, we would be able to show the QB so many varied potential combinations and alignments, creating confusion along the offensive line. Right now we pretty much have the same alignment 80% of the time, with our big surprise for O-line being which side Ford and Houston line up.

Agreed, I’ve been posting the same thing he past month. STOP THE RUN!
[Reply]
Aspengc8 10:48 AM 12-13-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:

No dee ford or JH at ends? ford, jones, nnadi, houston could work. even fronts generate their pass rush from 4, not really hiding who your rushing there. Either way, stopping the run is more about gap integrity than even or odd front.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:53 AM 12-13-2018
Sutton is an idiot who makes awful games plans. Our defense will never show up in any game and kick ass. We are a career day unit.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:13 AM 12-13-2018
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Sutton is an idiot who makes awful games plans. Our defense will never show up in any game and kick ass. We are a career day unit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ohhhhhhhhhhh...me RIKEY! #ihatebob
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:24 AM 12-13-2018
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Posted via Mobile Device
If Sutton showed up on this board and, just for shits and grins, argued against everything he's ever done, we would revere him as a god among posters.

Seriously - can any of you at least demonstrate the common sense to realize that if you sat across from Bob Sutton and tried to engage him in a basic discussion of defensive strategy he would absolutely obliterate you? He'd embarrass every last member of this board. And he could pick either side and do it. He could pick an argument that he disagrees with with every fiber of his being, argue in favor of it and simply wipe the damn floor with any of us.

And I'm not saying that as some attempt at defending Bob Sutton - of course he would. It's his goddamn job.

But Christ alive people, you want to sit here and act like you have the answers or its just a simple "Why doesn't Bob see what I see?" Idiots - he does. He has. He's seen what you've seen and a hell of a lot more.

It isn't as simple or obvious as you keep insisting it is and the fact that y'all keep cutting and running with these declarative statements that are completely devoid of any substantive support proves it. "Why doesn't he just have the LBs attack a single gap!!?!?" Well fuck, I guess the dude that's been coaching football longer than many of us have been alive never considered reverting to a PeeWee football strategy...

Honestly - have some concept of how goddamn stupid some of you sound. Put this in any context other than football. "Man, that patient is bleeding all over the place, if only that stupid neurosurgeon would put a band aid on him..." "Hell that Ferrari is belching black smoke...stupid tech should probably change the oil"

The basic tactics involved here are so much more complicated than any of us understand that it defies reason. There is no other context whereby any of us would not only substitute our judgment for that of highly technical professions but also have the audacity to conclude that when said technical professional doesn't defer to us he is clearly an idiot.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:27 AM 12-13-2018
If Sutton showed up on this board and, just for shits and grins, argued against everything he's ever done, we would revere him as a god among posters.

Seriously - can any of you at least demonstrate the common sense to realize that if you sat across from Bob Sutton and tried to engage him in a basic discussion of defensive strategy he would absolutely obliterate you? He'd embarrass every last member of this board. And he could pick either side and do it. He could pick an argument that he disagrees with with every fiber of his being, argue in favor of it and simply wipe the damn floor with any of us.

And I'm not saying that as some attempt at defending Bob Sutton - of course he would. It's his goddamn job.

But Christ alive people, you want to sit here and act like you have the answers or its just a simple "Why doesn't Bob see what I see?" Idiots - he does. He has. He's seen what you've seen and a hell of a lot more.

It isn't as simple or obvious as you keep insisting it is and the fact that y'all keep cutting and running with these declarative statements that are completely devoid of any substantive support proves it. "Why doesn't he just have the LBs attack a single gap!!?!?" Well ****, I guess the dude that's been coaching football longer than many of us have been alive never considered reverting to a PeeWee football strategy...

Honestly - have some concept of how goddamn stupid some of you sound. Put this in any context other than football. "Man, that patient is bleeding all over the place, if only that stupid neurosurgeon would put a band aid on him..." "Hell that Ferrari is belching black smoke...stupid tech should probably change the oil"

The basic tactics involved here are so much more complicated than any of us understand that it defies reason. There is no other context whereby any of us would not only substitute our judgment for that of highly technical professions but also have the audacity to conclude that when said technical professional doesn't defer to us he is clearly an idiot.
:-)

(You must be new here...)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:35 AM 12-13-2018
You can be the best in your field and still be arrogant enough to not use the simplest solution in front of you. Like continuing to play Parker for 100% of the snaps instead of a guy like Lucas just because you know Parker fucking sucks at his job. Hopefully Berry forces him off the team.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:38 AM 12-13-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
You can be the best in your field and still be arrogant enough to not use the simplest solution in front of you. Like continuing to play Parker for 100% of the snaps instead of a guy like Lucas just because you know Parker fucking sucks at his job. Hopefully Berry forces him off the team.
That's fine - call him arrogant or overly loyal. Say he's not a good DC and you have some justification for it. I've said in this very thread that Sutton's been given enough rope and I think he's probably hung himself.

But to call the guy an idiot and act like any child could fix this myriad of schematic errors he makes every week is just stupid.

You can give the man due credit for a lot of things and still think he should be replaced.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:40 AM 12-13-2018
He's not a dolt, he just can't make chicken salad from the shit. I mean of course he's been in the league a long time and would probably make most of us look like retards in a detailed conversation, but his pedigree doesn't excuse the overall results, DJ. And those results fucking SUCK.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:41 AM 12-13-2018
That's fine - call him arrogant or overly loyal. Say he's not a good DC and you have some justification for it. I've said in this very thread that Sutton's been given enough rope and I think he's probably hung himself.

But to call the guy an idiot and act like any child could fix this myriad of schematic errors he makes every week is just stupid.

You can give the man due credit for a lot of things and still think he should be replaced.
I think he's too smart for his own good. Certainly not an idiot.
[Reply]
Page 174 of 298
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184224274 > Last »
Up