ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3025 of 4834
« First < 2025252529252975301530213022302330243025 302630273028302930353075312535254025 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Tges58 04:50 PM 08-05-2022
Originally Posted by GROB:
Well Denver had a 2nd round pick this year and it is a long time until the draft next year. I dont think you will find me arguing Denver has drafted well last 5 years. They have drafted well under Paton though which was last 2 years. You guys seem to struggle with the timelines.

Rams seem to do just fine without picks and Pats have sucked hitting on drafting guys who get second contracts. You guys make way too much of a big deal out of draft picks. Your team blows 1st round picks on OBJ and a drunk DE Clark. It is fine on the draft pick but the salary on those guys is where you don't recoup the value.
It's quite a bit easier when you're picking in the top 10 than say the bottom 2-3, like the Chiefs
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:18 PM 08-05-2022
Well Denver had a 2nd round pick this year and it is a long time until the draft next year. I dont think you will find me arguing Denver has drafted well last 5 years. They have drafted well under Paton though which was last 2 years. You guys seem to struggle with the timelines.

Rams seem to do just fine without picks and Pats have sucked hitting on drafting guys who get second contracts. You guys make way too much of a big deal out of draft picks. Your team blows 1st round picks on OBJ and a drunk DE Clark. It is fine on the draft pick but the salary on those guys is where you don't recoup the value.
Holy shit, the Rams and Pats?? Yeah, you guys are just like those teams, lmmfaoooooooo. Do you know what those teams do that your team doesn’t do? Make good trades with their picks. You guys have yet to do that, or draft well. Can’t wait til the season begins, then you’ll be POOF….. GONE… come October….. AGAIN!
[Reply]
GROB 05:39 PM 08-05-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Holy shit, the Rams and Pats?? Yeah, you guys are just like those teams, lmmfaoooooooo. Do you know what those teams do that your team doesn’t do? Make good trades with their picks. You guys have yet to do that, or draft well. Can’t wait til the season begins, then you’ll be POOF….. GONE… come October….. AGAIN!
I ONLY disappeared because of how thin skinned you guys are around here. I dont know how you can say Paton hasn't drafted well. You are just being obtuse about it. If what you are saying is true you should be able to find articles about what a shitty job George has done. Yes you are correct Elway was hitting the coochie liquor too hard at the end of his run and was missing on a lot of picks. No argument here about that.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:43 PM 08-05-2022

By all means, I hope your organization doesn't change a thing. Keep giving away premium picks and starters by the bundle, while an already much better KC team keeps acquiring more of them. And keep signing aging QBs who are getting fat and declining in athleticism, but will still demand 50 mil/yr.

I fully endorse this strategy. It's definitely the way to close the gap!
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:52 PM 08-05-2022
I ONLY disappeared because of how thin skinned you guys are around here. I dont know how you can say Paton hasn't drafted well. You are just being obtuse about it. If what you are saying is true you should be able to find articles about what a shitty job George has done. Yes you are correct Elway was hitting the coochie liquor too hard at the end of his run and was missing on a lot of picks. No argument here about that.
It's more foolish to say he's drafted great. None of his picks have proven a thing yet. Even Surtain and Williams have only proven that they can be decent NFL players. They have plenty to prove.

This year's Broncos draft was considered middle of the pack. Most graded it in B- territory or lower.

Why exactly does he deserve praise at this point? For drafting a decent corner with the 9th pick? Like I showed the other day, 90% of corners drafted in the top 10 pan out. He doesn't deserve any ass-kissing for that.
[Reply]
Tges58 06:03 PM 08-05-2022
Like I eaid before it's a lot easier drafting well when you're picking in the top 10, instead of at the bottom like KC

According to draft value charts Brown basically cost KC a 2nd round pick. Not bad for a young aascending player that's been to the Pro Bowl three years straight. Their draft that year got them Creed Humphrey, widely regarded as the best enter in the league, Nick Bolton an outstanding LB, and Trey Smith, who played like a first rounder.A writer for NFL.com gave their draft an A, and they didn't even have a first rounder.
[Reply]
Tges58 06:08 PM 08-05-2022
Elway was a drunk long before then. I lived in Denver and heard the stories about him being passed out on the floor of the Emerald Isle bar.
[Reply]
GROB 06:18 PM 08-05-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:

This year's Broncos draft was considered middle of the pack. Most graded it in B- territory or lower.
Paton grabbed 4 starters and 2 low draft picks playing a lot of snaps. Sorry that is a win. You guys are just obtuse on giving Paton credit.

Let's see all of these bad draft grades. Links please not just something you read I remember the exact opposite.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 06:29 PM 08-05-2022

Colin Cowherd predicts that Russell Wilson will win the NFL MVP Award this upcoming season: pic.twitter.com/X2HSqIl2ni

— Swipa (@SwipaCam) August 5, 2022

:-)
[Reply]
GROB 06:35 PM 08-05-2022
Originally Posted by Tges58:
Elway was a drunk long before then. I lived in Denver and heard the stories about him being passed out on the floor of the Emerald Isle bar.
Attached: SmartSelect_20220805-173412_Chrome.jpg (87.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Tges58 06:42 PM 08-05-2022
Paton grabbed 4 starters and 2 low draft picks playing a lot of snaps. Sorry that is a win. You guys are just obtuse on giving Paton credit.

Let's see all of these bad draft grades. Links please not just something you read I remember the exact opposite.
Personally I don't think his drafts are bad. I'm just saying KC has been drafting better. And later
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:42 PM 08-05-2022
A full list of Colin Cowherd predictions. Let's see how he does.

1. Julian Edelman will be named NFL MVP.
2. Bronko Nagurski will make a successful comeback with the Bears.
3. At least one running back will break 3,000 yards this season.
4. Bronko Nagurski will break 3,000 yards this season.
5. Russell Wilson will be named NFL MVP.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:43 PM 08-05-2022

Which draft are you talking about? You quoted my comment about this year’s draft, yet you’re talking about starters.

Btw, # of starters for a team that wins 5-7 games every year is a pretty dumb way to judge a draft. If the Jets start several draft picks en route to 5 wins, is their GM awesome too? Likewise, if a loaded contender only starts one rookie, does their GM suck?

You can search Google just like I can. There were a lot of B- grades for this year’s draft. Some Cs. Very few As.
[Reply]
Tges58 06:43 PM 08-05-2022
Now there is a totally irrelevant post.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 06:45 PM 08-05-2022
If I ever quote Cowherd on here to emphasize a claim that the Chiefs are good, please ban me.
[Reply]
Page 3025 of 4834
« First < 2025252529252975301530213022302330243025 302630273028302930353075312535254025 > Last »
Up