ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2475 of 4834
« First < 1475197523752425246524712472247324742475 247624772478247924852525257529753475 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:33 PM 04-28-2020
WHAAAAAT IFFFFF!!!
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:40 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
We don't really know that yet.

Think bout it: what were the takes on Tom Brady when he was drafted? No one believed TB was going to go on and win 6 SBs and be regarded as one of the best QBs of all time.

And no, I'm not saying Lock is going to be anything like TB. But we really don't have any idea what he's going to be, is my point.

He could have the intangibles to become a very good QB, maybe even a great one, if all the pieces fall into place for him. Or he could end up being just another JAG. Time will tell.

Personally, I think that IF he has the mental toughness and football IQ necessary, he could end up being a top 10 QB. He ha a long way to go and a lot of learning ahead, but it's not impossible.

This season will tell us a lot about Lock and what he brings to the table. I believe that he's going to show that he's a legit starting QB. Though that may not show up in DEN's W/L record necessarily.
People always bring up Brady when defending their underwhelming, young QB...there is a reason it's only happened a handful of times in the past 30 years.

Brady was never known as an "inaccurate" passer...I challenge anyone to provide an example of a 2nd round or later QB that had accuracy problems in college...that amounted to a great QB.

It rarely happens....

If accuracy and anticipation could be taught...there would a lot more quality starting QBs in the NFL.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:48 PM 04-28-2020
Lock is probably going to look good next year simply based on his situation. He’s got a ton of weapons and an OC that isn’t a moron.

Even average QB’s can look good in those situations bc the game is much easier.

Case Keenum looked very good in 2017 in Minnesota surrounded with excellent weapons and competent cosching in Shurmur, who will be Lock’s OC.

Hell even Matt ****ing Cassel looked good in 2010 with Charlie Weis as his OC and an offense with weapons like Bowe and Charles.

Lock will look good, but Mahomes is great.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:54 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Lock is probably going to look good next year simply based on his situation. He’s got a ton of weapons and an OC that isn’t a moron.

Even average QB’s can look good in those situations bc the game is much easier.

Case Keenum looked very good in 2017 in Minnesota surrounded with excellent weapons and competent cosching in Shurmur, who will be Lock’s OC.

Hell even Matt ****ing Cassel looked good in 2010 with Charlie Weis as his OC and an offense with weapons like Bowe and Charles.

Lock will look good, but Mahomes is great.
Both of those QBs have terrible records against good teams...

It's also worth noting..teams had no real scouting/analytic reports on Lock. Once DCs get a read on tendencies...it gets a lot tougher.

Did you know Matt Stafford's record against winning teams is 9-54...Cousins is 5-24? Yikes...

If I were the GM of Detroit...and had that large of sample-size...I would have moved him this off-season and drafted Tua. Dude's never going to be a winner....I dont care how many yards he throws for..
[Reply]
jjchieffan 02:31 PM 04-28-2020
I really hate that Lock, and now Albert O are Donks. Being a Mizzou guy, I wanted to see them succeed in the NFL. But not as Donks. What is with ElFraud drafting Mizzou players anyway? I hated it when he drafted Shane Ray too. I was hoping that after leaving Denver he would stay healthy and flourish somewhere else. But unfortunately, it looks like he's done.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:01 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Watkins.. oopps.
No..no he wouldn't Watkins is way better.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:35 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I really hate that Lock, and now Albert O are Donks. Being a Mizzou guy, I wanted to see them succeed in the NFL. But not as Donks. What is with ElFraud drafting Mizzou players anyway? I hated it when he drafted Shane Ray too. I was hoping that after leaving Denver he would stay healthy and flourish somewhere else. But unfortunately, it looks like he's done.
Pretty much all of this. It'll be interesting to see if Albert O could dig up some motivation.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:44 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
People always bring up Brady when defending their underwhelming, young QB...there is a reason it's only happened a handful of times in the past 30 years.

Brady was never known as an "inaccurate" passer...I challenge anyone to provide an example of a 2nd round or later QB that had accuracy problems in college...that amounted to a great QB.

It rarely happens....

If accuracy and anticipation could be taught...there would a lot more quality starting QBs in the NFL.
Uh, there's a few.

Mark Brunell, 52.0 CMP% in college, drafted 5th overall, 12 year NFL career with a 60% cmp%, won a SB.

Rich Gannon never threw over 60% completion rate in the NFL

Mark Rypien 53%

Joe Theisman 57%

Brett Favre 52%

Jeff Hostetler 51%

All less than 60% cmp in college. All SB winners, except Gannon, who should've won one. And there's many more. Most of them didn't win SBs, of course, but a lot of them were winners.

Side note: all the above QBs finished their careers with significantly higher completion rates.

Now I will agree that it's rare that an inaccurate passer can be taught to be accurate or to throw with anticipation. But it's not actually necessary to be able to throw with anticipation to be a winner. There are other skills, plus coaching, play design, etc. that can minimize those weaknesses in a QB's game.

Now, I'm not saying that Lock will even be the next Marc Rypien. But there's not enough evidence yet to say that he couldn't be.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:47 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Uh, there's a few.

Mark Brunell, 52.0 CMP% in college, drafted 5th overall, 12 year NFL career with a 60% cmp%, won a SB.

Rich Gannon never threw over 60% completion rate in the NFL

Mark Rypien 53%

Joe Theisman 57%

Brett Favre 52%

Jeff Hostetler 51%

All less than 60% cmp in college. All SB winners, except Gannon, who should've won one. And there's many more. Most of them didn't win SBs, of course, but a lot of them were winners.

Side note: all the above QBs finished their careers with significantly higher completion rates.

Now I will agree that it's rare that an inaccurate passer can be taught to be accurate or to throw with anticipation. But it's not actually necessary to be able to throw with anticipation to be a winner. There are other skills, plus coaching, play design, etc. that can minimize those weaknesses in a QB's game.

Now, I'm not saying that Lock will even be the next Marc Rypien. But there's not enough evidence yet to say that he couldn't be.

Wouldn’t you also say there can be a difference between a QB with a low completion percentage and a QB who is an inaccurate thrower?
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:03 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Wouldn’t you also say there can be a difference between a QB with a low completion percentage and a QB who is an inaccurate thrower?
Sometimes, sure. Brett Favre comes to mind. Low completion percentage through college and even through a lot of his pro career, but when you watched him, he could be inhumanly accurate. His problem was more about taking exceptional risks, trying to fit the ball into ridiculously tiny spaces than an inherent inaccuracy. But sometimes he was horribly inaccurate as well.

On the flip side, Lamar Jackson wasn't very accurate in college, but last season he posted a 68% completion percentage. Or 66, I forget.

But was he really that much more accurate, or was there a change in the offense, and how the plays were designed? Anyone watching Lamar play last season could see that he wasn't great at anticipation or accuracy, as much as he was running plays that were designed around the kinds of throws he was good at. Any time he had to improv or throw with anticipation it was a almost a coin flip whether the ball would be catch-able.

But both QBs found ways to win, by hiding their weaknesses and maximizing their strengths. Or the OC found a way to do it, whatever.

Hell, Cam Newton found a way to be "more accurate" even though he just isn't that accurate a passer. At least good enough to get his team to a SB.

The point being, a QB doesn't have to be exceptionally accurate to succeed. It sure helps, but it's not a requirement. He does have to find a way to minimize his issues, especially in the big moments, but he doesn't necessarily have to suddenly become the most accurate passer in the league to win big games.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:32 PM 04-28-2020
Who ends up with more receptions this season? CEH, or Jeudy??
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 06:53 PM 04-28-2020
Well, considering Judge Judy will be playing all the time and CEH will be splitting reps with DW, my money would be on Judy.

But ask me again next year when DW is no longer here.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:54 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Well, considering Judge Judy will be playing all the time and CEH will be splitting reps with DW, my money would be on Judy.

But ask me again next year when DW is no longer here.
I wouldn't count on Damien leaving. he's gonna really want to keep winning Superbowls.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:57 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Who ends up with more receptions this season? CEH, or Jeudy??
I'll take Jeudy. They're going to force feed him the ball.

I could see CEH having 50+, though.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 06:59 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I wouldn't count on Damien leaving. he's gonna really want to keep winning Superbowls.
I don’t know.

Depends on what kind of year he has next year. If he has a nice year, the Chiefs aren’t gonna pay him decent money when they already have CEH and he’s going to want to maximize his earnings potential while he can. If some team wants to give him decent money to leave, I have no doubt he takes it. He’s already won a Super Bowl (maybe 2 by that point?).

That’s a nice thing to have on your resume when you’re looking for a FA deal and looking to get paid.
[Reply]
Page 2475 of 4834
« First < 1475197523752425246524712472247324742475 247624772478247924852525257529753475 > Last »
Up