ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 68
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Photo Geek Thread: Photos You Take - Post Them Up!
|Zach| 02:02 AM 01-18-2010
Interesting places or people? Randomness? Post it here.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:42 PM 02-22-2015
Yeah is there any way to get a more square shot w/o renting a crane or something?
[Reply]
|Zach| 11:43 PM 02-22-2015
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Yeah is there any way to get a more square shot w/o renting a crane or something?
Possibly...was taken like...maybe 6 years ago though.
[Reply]
splatbass 11:45 PM 02-22-2015
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
15 mins outside of San Francisco.

Excellent.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 11:47 PM 02-22-2015
I'll just say

http://apod.nasa.gov

For today February 23
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:50 PM 02-22-2015
A few iphone pics I got last weekend in Joshua Tree.

I saw a teenager literally faint from the pain of getting one of these jumping chollas pulled out of her hand. Her eyes rolled back in her head and everything - totally freaked her friends out. They thought the cactus was poisonous and were freaking out about getting her to a hospital. We had to reassure them it was just pain and panic.

She got it stuck on the back of one hand then made the classic mistake of trying to grab it with her other hand. She probably had 20 spines stuck in her. They have micro barbs all down the shaft, so when you pull them out they just tear flesh the whole way.

Of course the stupid kids were drinking beer and wine, wandering off the trail and obviously payed no attention to the numerous warning signs. At least they learned a lesson in respecting nature w/o actually dying like those kids in Yosemite who went over the waterful.
[Reply]
splatbass 12:04 AM 02-23-2015
A few iphone pics I got last weekend in Joshua Tree.

I saw a teenager literally faint from the pain of getting one of these jumping chollas pulled out of her hand. Her eyes rolled back in her head and everything - totally freaked her friends out. They thought the cactus was poisonous and were freaking out about getting her to a hospital. We had to reassure them it was just pain and panic.

She got it stuck on the back of one hand then made the classic mistake of trying to grab it with her other hand. She probably had 20 spines stuck in her. They have micro barbs all down the shaft, so when you pull them out they just tear flesh the whole way.

Of course the stupid kids were drinking beer and wine, wandering off the trail and obviously payed no attention to the numerous warning signs. At least they learned a lesson in respecting nature w/o actually dying like those kids in Yosemite who went over the waterful.
Nice pics.
[Reply]
lostcause 11:06 AM 02-27-2015
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
srsly?

That is the dopest picture I LOVE that green + gray. Very nice :-) Can I use it for my DT Background, please?
Thanks! Go ahead!
[Reply]
lostcause 11:08 AM 02-27-2015
[IMG][/IMG]

Turnagain Arm Sunrise
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:02 PM 06-07-2015
Originally Posted by lostcause:
[IMG][/IMG]

Turnagain Arm Sunrise

That's beautiful.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:03 PM 06-07-2015
Trip to the zoo last weekend. One of the employees had this kookaburra out in the open.

[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:12 PM 06-07-2015
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Trip to the zoo last weekend. One of the employees had this kookaburra out in the open.

[Reply]
Dave Lane 08:25 PM 06-07-2015
Sedona
Attached: image.jpg (105.4 KB) 
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:33 PM 06-07-2015
We will be going to Estes Park soon. I have a fairly nice Canon and I want to accomplish a few photos. Last year we went and I was getting the blurred waterfall motion pretty good but I didn't have a tripod so the photos could have been better. I also was getting some sun "orbs" and rings. Is that just from the angle in relation to the sun or is something wrong with my shutter speed or something else?

Also, how can I take a photo of the Milky Way? What functions do I manipulate? I don't have my camera or manual in front if me but I think the manual was having me mess with aperture and iso speed. I tried last year but just wasn't able to get the camera to really even take a picture. It kept giving me the error of not enough light I think.

I don't remember what settings I was trying or if that even matters given I was changing so much other stuff.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:40 PM 06-07-2015
You definitely need a tripod for good blurred water motion. Set your shutter speed on something like 1/15 to 1/8. Also some ND filters if it's sunny (because the shutter is open so long you need to block out most of the light).

Similar concept goes for the Milky Way - longer exposure. Most of those shots you see with a dark foreground are blended - one exposure for the milky way, one for the ground. Then you blend them together with HDR software or manually in Photoshop. You need a tripod to make sure both shots are from the exact same spot and angle.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:07 PM 06-07-2015
You definitely need a tripod for good blurred water motion. Set your shutter speed on something like 1/15 to 1/8. Also some ND filters if it's sunny (because the shutter is open so long you need to block out most of the light).

Similar concept goes for the Milky Way - longer exposure. Most of those shots you see with a dark foreground are blended - one exposure for the milky way, one for the ground. Then you blend them together with HDR software or manually in Photoshop. You need a tripod to make sure both shots are from the exact same spot and angle.
Thanks. I can definitely see after a quick search that an nd filter is needed. That seems like it would solve the problems of brightness I was having.

I recall now that I think I had set the iso speed as high as I could and gave a long exposure for the attempted sky pictures. I have no idea what all the combinations I tried or what aperture I was trying. I think I would need to use a high aperture setting then for the sky pictures to let in the most light? Or would it be a low aperture number to coincide with the slower shutter speed?
[Reply]
Page 57 of 68
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167 > Last »
Up