ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 460
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
Skip Towne 08:51 PM 06-15-2008
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I'm a big Tiger fan. My son loves watching him play. Just for myself and my kids to see the "Palmer" of this generation is great.
He's seeing more than Palmer. Much more.
[Reply]
Friendo 08:51 PM 06-15-2008
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
we'll see...I doubt it.
bump :-)
[Reply]
smittysbar 09:37 PM 06-15-2008
Talk about pressure, man does he have it or what. What a great weekend
[Reply]
Friendo 09:44 PM 06-15-2008
Originally Posted by smittysbar:
Talk about pressure, man does he have it or what. What a great weekend
I just said he'd be there at the end--if I was placing money tomorrow it would be on Tiger. I didn't even get to see today's round, but yesterday was incredible! Play-offs are often a letdown, but we can hope! Go Rock!
[Reply]
DENCHIEFFANMURDERA 06-15-2008, 09:51 PM
This message has been deleted by DENCHIEFFANMURDERA.
007 10:00 PM 06-15-2008
ESPN coverage will be available on ESPN360 for those of you that don't get ESPN like me.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:15 PM 06-15-2008
Originally Posted by Guru:
ESPN coverage will be available on ESPN360 for those of you that don't get ESPN like me.
I will be watching online, until they switch to NBC, then I will be watching HD
[Reply]
smittysbar 10:18 PM 06-15-2008
Originally Posted by Friendo:
I just said he'd be there at the end--if I was placing money tomorrow it would be on Tiger. I didn't even get to see today's round, but yesterday was incredible! Play-offs are often a letdown, but we can hope! Go Rock!

We were watching in the club house after we got in from the tournament. Pretty funny how half the people were against Tiger and Half were for. But when he made that last putt the place erupted. I am a Mickelson fan but I even admit that he is the best by far to ever play the game. I think some people don't get it, because they don't realize how hard it is to pull the shit off that he does. He is definitely fun to watch, but I liked how one of the commentators put it earlier this week, Phil is funner to watch because it is like watching a fat kid chasing a balloon on the edge of a cliff. (he is so up and down)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:41 PM 06-15-2008
Originally Posted by eazyb81:
Huh....seems like a waste, but I'm sure advertisers and big golf fans love it.
I'm pretty sure Paul Goydos would like 17 more chances to best Sergio, rather than get shafted by the Island Green at Sawgrass. Yeah, the USGA/PGA/ESPN/NBC/Haliburton is going make some bank off Monday's round, but this setup is hell of a lot more fair for the players.

Keep in mind, this playoff almost perfectly analogous to college football's overtime format compared to the NFL's.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:09 PM 06-15-2008
Originally Posted by smittysbar:
I think some people don't get it, because they don't realize how hard it is to pull the shit off that he does.
BINGO! :-)

I said this earlier, I had 2 surgeries on my knee. After the second one, I played a round of golf about two months later, and my knee was killing me (and I rode in a cart)

Also, I said this earlier, I understand now why I cant make a putt to save my life, and that is because I even get nervous about watching a pro knock in his two foot comeback putt without checking it out first.

The shots the pros hit out of the deep rough, or out of the sand, and the putts they make on greens as slippery as my kitchen floor, are insanely difficult. And Tiger makes the other pros look ordinary.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:13 PM 06-15-2008
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
BINGO! :-)

I said this earlier, I had 2 surgeries on my knee. After the second one, I played a round of golf about two months later, and my knee was killing me (and I rode in a cart)

Also, I said this earlier, I understand now why I cant make a putt to save my life, and that is because I even get nervous about watching a pro knock in his two foot comeback putt without checking it out first.

The shots the pros hit out of the deep rough, or out of the sand, and the putts they make on greens as slippery as my kitchen floor, are insanely difficult. And Tiger makes the other pros look ordinary.
No sh*t. When you see Tiger hitting out of rough that's as thick as the grass in the OB at my club and flying the ball 200 yards to the flagpin, you're just like.."Wow, I would have been lucky to get under that ball and send it 5 feet, and really probably would have just brought up a huge chunk of turf"
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:18 PM 06-15-2008
Originally Posted by GonzoRox88:
No sh*t. When you see Tiger hitting out of rough that's as thick as the grass in the OB at my club and flying the ball 200 yards to the flagpin, you're just like.."Wow, I would have been lucky to get under that ball and send it 5 feet, and really probably would have just brought up a huge chunk of turf"
Unfortunately I have been there so many times:-)
[Reply]
Skip Towne 11:25 PM 06-15-2008
Yeah, Tiger is amazing. The dude is really strong.
[Reply]
007 06:57 AM 06-16-2008
Don't say impossible around him!!! I remember when he had a tree right in his way , I mean 5 feet in front of him, and he got the ball to hook right back to the center of the fairway. It was a practically perfect shot.
[Reply]
smittysbar 07:40 AM 06-16-2008
Phil is another guy that does some amazing things around the green.

Think about this, if Phil was playing at a different point and time (other than the Tiger era) he would own a shit load of Majors himself.

Phil will go down as one of the best to play the game, but playing in the Tiger era will keep him short of many goals, and probably make him the all time 2nd place runner up.

And the other pros know. Sergio put it best, "I would like to thank Tiger for not being in the field."
[Reply]
Skip Towne 10:02 AM 06-16-2008
Both players wearing red shirts.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 460
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Up