ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 94 of 94
« First < 44849091929394
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
-King- 05:27 PM Today
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
It.. isn't.
It really isn't. I didn't get why some people act like it's this early premier location
[Reply]
wazu 05:29 PM Today
Originally Posted by DRM08:
It sounds like the KCK Legends area is pretty nice. Hard to blame Hunt if he wants to put a brand new indoor stadium there and host some big events like the Super Bowl & Final Four. An older Mahomes above age 35 would probably appreciate an indoor stadium instead of the super cold weather of his prime years.
It's in the middle of nowhere. Truman Sports Complex isn't downtown, but at least it's pretty central to the metro area. Even people in Overland Park, who you would think would be the winners of a move to Kansas, probably have about the same commute to get to Legends as they do to Truman Sports Complex. For most others it just got considerably longer.
[Reply]
cmh6476 05:36 PM Today
Originally Posted by -King-:
It really isn't. I didn't get why some people act like it's this early premier location
Where else can people envision tailgating on such a scale?
[Reply]
DaFace 05:38 PM Today
When you're used to Detroit (TSC), Indianapolis doesn't look so bad.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:38 PM Today
Being the location that makes the most sense for a new stadium in KCK doesn't have to equate to it being a premier location.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:43 PM Today
For an NFL stadium, the Legends is a good spot. Parking lots, has enough development there for most fans. Easy access by roads.

Baseball needs to be downtown.
[Reply]
wazu 05:44 PM Today
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
For an NFL stadium, the Legends is a good spot. Parking lots, has enough development there for most fans. Easy access by roads.

Kansas doesn't have a downtown.
[Reply]
tk13 05:48 PM Today
You could see this coming from a mile away from the Sam McDowell article at the end of last year. I don't think the Chiefs tanked this but if you read between the lines they were saying "If you want to keep Arrowhead this is the plan" and it was rejected and they don't want to deal with Frank White anymore. Kansas is going to try and swoop in and steal the teams and all the tax revenue.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:51 PM Today
Originally Posted by wazu:
Kansas doesn't have a downtown.
Chiefs will go to Kansas. Royals in downtown KC or NKC.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:54 PM Today
Originally Posted by wazu:
It's in the middle of nowhere. Truman Sports Complex isn't downtown, but at least it's pretty central to the metro area. Even people in Overland Park, who you would think would be the winners of a move to Kansas, probably have about the same commute to get to Legends as they do to Truman Sports Complex. For most others it just got considerably longer.
Considering it's only 20 minutes exit to exit between the locations, not sure how it's considerably longer for most people, assuming most people live between the two spots... and if you live directly east of the stadium, it's 20 minutes further.

I dunno, I grew up in the Northland... getting anywhere took 20 minutes. :-)
[Reply]
wazu 05:58 PM Today
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Considering it's only 20 minutes exit to exit between the locations, not sure how it's considerably longer for most people, assuming most people live between the two spots... and if you live directly east of the stadium, it's 20 minutes further.

I dunno, I grew up in the Northland... getting anywhere took 20 minutes. :-)
I live in northland. Here it's probably not too bad. From my house to Arrowhead is 20 minutes today, would be 30 minutes to Legends. But I'm just picturing everything East of downtown dumping out onto I-70 at once. A lot of people live somewhere East of the stadium. 20 minutes is not insignificant. 45 minutes is a whole different world to me than 25.

Whatever, if Kansas gets it done and locks up the teams for what would probably be another 25+ years then I'll take it. Will miss Arrowhead terribly, but I'll take it.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:59 PM Today
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:

It seems a lot of the travel time can be sitting in bumper to bumper traffic during the last mile and getting into and out of parking lots when it comes to sporting events and concerts and that can as important sometimes as location.

Not sure just exactly where in Legends the stadium would be or what sort of interstate access it would have.
[Reply]
Page 94 of 94
« First < 44849091929394
Up