ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3330 of 3903
« First < 2330283032303280332033263327332833293330 33313332333333343340338034303830 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 03:14 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Grand County Coroner Raises Concern On Deaths Among COVID Cases

GRAND COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – The Grand County coroner is calling attention to the way the state health department is classifying some deaths. The coroner, Brenda Bock, says two of their five deaths related to COVID-19 were people who died of gunshot wounds.

Bock says because they tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 30 days, they were classified as “deaths among cases.”

“It’s absurd that they would even put that on there,” she said. “Would you want to go to a county that has really high death numbers? Would you want to go visit that county because they are contagious. You know I might get it, and I could die if all of a sudden one county has a high death count. We don’t have it, and we don’t need those numbers inflated.”

The state health department says the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention requires them to report people who’ve died with COVID-19 in their systems because it’s crucial for public health surveillance.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/12/...-covid-deaths/
Why'd you leave the rest off?

Deaths due to COVID-19:

This is based on CDC coding of death certificates where COVID-19 is listed as the cause of death or a significant condition contributing to death.

Deaths among COVID-19 cases:

This reflects people who died with COVID-19, but COVID-19 may not have been the cause of death listed on the death certificate.

CDPHE explains that they are required to report deaths among COVID-19 cases to the CDC.

“This information is required by the CDC and is crucial for public health surveillance, as it provides more information about disease transmission and can help identify risk factors among all deaths across populations,” stated CDPHE on its Frequently Asked Questions page.

[Reply]
Marcellus 03:20 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
Victim blaming at its finest.

F those fatties, they deserve to die :-)
Posts like this are just as dishonest as anything you complain about.

Nobody has said anyone "deserves" to die of covid. Thats a 100% false narrative.

Someone asked the question "Who doesn't have underlying conditions?" and he answered it.

I find it interesting that mask wearing, social distancing and doing all the right things covid wise seems to be important to people like you meaning that that is a type of personal responsibility. I agree with that idea.

I also think people not controlling their own personal health in controllable scenarios also bears some personal responsibility.:-)

Hopefully this covid situation will awaken people to get healthier and do more to take care of themselves but frankly I doubt it.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:22 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Generally it's related to poor choices but yeah.."I know a guy" outliers do happen.
After ~35k deaths/month for 9 months, I'd think there are a lot of outliers by now and people who know a guy. :-)

It would be nice if the people that aren't "scared" of Covid would volunteer to help Covid patients. I have yet to hear of one.
I've heard hospitals in Phoenix are getting desperate for help.

[Reply]
petegz28 03:25 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:

Deaths due to COVID-19:

This is based on CDC coding of death certificates where COVID-19 is listed as the cause of death or a significant condition contributing to death.

This reflects people who died with COVID-19, but COVID-19 may not have been the cause of death listed on the death certificate.

CDPHE explains that they are required to report deaths among COVID-19 cases to the CDC.

“This information is required by the CDC and is crucial for public health surveillance, as it provides more information about disease transmission and can help identify risk factors among all deaths across populations,” stated CDPHE on its Frequently Asked Questions page.
When we start seeing a column for died cause and died with I think these arguments would go away.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:27 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

Nobody has said anyone "deserves" to die of covid. Thats a 100% false narrative.

Someone asked the question "Who doesn't have underlying conditions?" and he answered it.

I find it interesting that mask wearing, social distancing and doing all the right things covid wise seems to be important to people like you meaning that that is a type of personal responsibility. I agree with that idea.

I also think people not controlling their own personal health in controllable scenarios also bears some personal responsibility.:-)

Hopefully this covid situation will awaken people to get healthier and do more to take care of themselves but frankly I doubt it.
It won't. We are a society of victims and excuses. I am guilty as well I am sure but it is what it is.
[Reply]
Donger 03:29 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
When we start seeing a column for died cause and died with I think these arguments would go away.
Colorado does:

Case Summary (since pandemic began):

[Reply]
petegz28 03:30 PM 12-18-2020
Colorado does:

Case Summary (since pandemic began):
  • 293,382 cases (+2,278)
  • 16,487 hospitalized (+313)
  • 1,975,685 tested (+6,804)
  • 3,841,825 test encounters (+31,936)
  • 4,085 deaths among cases (+116)
  • 3,218 deaths due to COVID-19 (+132)
  • 2,670 outbreaks (+39)
I am talking about places like Worldometers, etc. Most people don't go looking state by state. On that note I don't believe Kansas does.
[Reply]
TLO 03:38 PM 12-18-2020
I wonder if we're gonna get the Moderna EUA today? Would be nice to get the ball rolling on shipping.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:40 PM 12-18-2020

Deaths due to COVID-19:

Colorado has its own system and I don't see every state following this one. The question next is are these "deaths among Covid cases" in Colorado added to the national Covid deaths?

I would assume they would be based on the reasoning given.
[Reply]
Donger 03:47 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Colorado has its own system and I don't see every state following this one. The question next is are these "deaths among Covid cases" in Colorado added to the national Covid deaths?

I would assume they would be based on the reasoning given.
I would hope not, but some likely are.

However, when one looks at the excess deaths numbers, it's likely that the true number of deaths is actually higher than what it reported.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-are-counted1/
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 04:01 PM 12-18-2020
Victim blaming at its finest.

F those fatties, they deserve to die :-)
No but....
Attached: 88e.jpg (87.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Donger 04:30 PM 12-18-2020
The extra doses in Pfizer/BioNTech Covid-19 vials are safe and should be used, US Food and Drug Commissioner Dr. Stephen Hahn said Friday.

It’s possible to squeeze out extra doses of Pfizer’s vaccine from the vials, if there is solution remaining in them after the standard five doses are given, the FDA said earlier this week.

“It's safe to use,” Hahn said in an interview with Michael Toscano on the “First Light” podcast. “If the appropriate dosage is in there, the volume for the vaccine, it should be used, and we have no concerns about that.”

Hahn said that it’s not uncommon for extra solution to be in vaccine vials.

“It's a very common thing,” he said. “There’s always some overage that occurs, just to make sure that there's enough for the doses that are said to be within the vial.”

It’s important to plan for anyone who receives one vaccine dose to get a second, Hahn said.

“If you want the 95% protection, the clinical trial shows that the two-dose regimen, 21 days apart, is what you need,” he said. “But given that this overage is in the vials, we believe that that can be factored into subsequent calculations.”
[Reply]
sedated 05:01 PM 12-18-2020
I find it interesting that mask wearing, social distancing and doing all the right things covid wise seems to be important to people like you meaning that that is a type of personal responsibility.
I don't wear a mask and social distance for myself. I do it for people around me, esp any friends and family that might be at risk (regardless of their personal choices in life).
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:09 PM 12-18-2020

The collective health of people living in the US is terrible which probably contributes a lot to the numbers. I'm putting out the facts and getting a few "well, I know a guy" responses.

40% of the country is obese, but "WEAR YOUR DAMN MASK FOR MY HEALTH!" :-)
[Reply]
stevieray 05:17 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Cancer just looks like aches and fatigue if you completely ignore any of the severe symptoms. That's why the "it's just the flu" shit is so hurtful. You're minimizing the plight of those who are being severely impacted by implying that they succumbed to a very innocuous illness.
I'm not minimizing anything, and frankly, I'm quite tired of you speaking for me regarding this situation. You're along for the ride just like the rest of us.

Since you're so hell bent on "shaming" me for a different opinion or stance, and telling me how much I don't care.... I'll leave you with this little nugget to ponder.

You're a smart guy, and used to be a mod. You enforced bans for people using slurs against black and gays, yet have turned a blind eye to posters calling each other retards forever and a day, while it's pretty well know there are parents here who deal with those less than ideal life situations on a daily basis.

It's insensitive and reeks of hypocrisy.
[Reply]
Page 3330 of 3903
« First < 2330283032303280332033263327332833293330 33313332333333343340338034303830 > Last »
Up