ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 26
< 12 345612 > Last »
Media Center>The Boys (Amazon)
comochiefsfan 09:45 AM 08-27-2019
Just finished the show and wanted to bump this thread.

This show is fantastic. If you have prime and have any interest in superheroes at all then this is a must watch. So so good.
[Reply]
banecat 03:38 PM 08-31-2019
This show was so good that I'm going to have to go back and read the comics that it's based off of
[Reply]
bowener 12:42 PM 07-27-2019
3 episodes in and it is pretty fucking fun to watch.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:48 PM 07-27-2019
Finished it this morning.

General thoughts:

It wasn't great, it felt like it was missing...something. Not sure what. But it wasn't bad. I mean shit, I watched the whole thing in a day.
Karl Urban was great.
The girl who played Starlight Is freaking gorgeous.
I don't like gore. At all. But the ultraviolent stuff was limited and not gratuitous. It didn't bother me.
I'd be fine if there wasn't a second season but I kinda want to see where it goes.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:10 PM 08-06-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Finished it this morning.

General thoughts:

It wasn't great, it felt like it was missing...something. Not sure what. But it wasn't bad. I mean shit, I watched the whole thing in a day.
Karl Urban was great.
The girl who played Starlight Is freaking gorgeous.
I don't like gore. At all. But the ultraviolent stuff was limited and not gratuitous. It didn't bother me.
I'd be fine if there wasn't a second season but I kinda want to see where it goes.
To cover the comics it'll probably take 3-4 seasons
Karl Urban makes this show imo
[Reply]
BigBeauford 04:17 PM 08-07-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
To cover the comics it'll probably take 3-4 seasons
Karl Urban makes this show imo
Karl Urban was great, even if his accent was a tad wonky. Antony Starr killed it as Homelander. Every scene he was in were the best moments of the show. I think one of the top TV villians I have encountered.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:23 PM 08-07-2019
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Karl Urban was great, even if his accent was a tad wonky. Antony Starr killed it as Homelander. Every scene he was in were the best moments of the show. I think one of the top TV villians I have encountered.
Completely agree. Homelander is awesome
[Reply]
crayzkirk 01:38 PM 07-27-2019
Watched a few episodes... I like Urban, Shoe is a great fit as a corrupt head of the organization. Still waiting for some nudity other than a couple of guys butts.

Seems that a second season has already been green lighted. Will finish up the rest of the season this week.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:43 PM 07-27-2019
If you're looking for female t&a you're gonna be disappointed. I think the dick count was higher.
[Reply]
jjjayb 10:07 PM 07-29-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
If you're looking for female t&a you're gonna be disappointed. I think the dick count was higher.
And what the hell is it with that these days. I don't care if I see nudity in a movie, but if you're going to, how about show the females. It's gotten pretty normal to show a bunch of guys dongs without showing so much as a single boob. :-)
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:11 AM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
And what the hell is it with that these days. I don't care if I see nudity in a movie, but if you're going to, how about show the females. It's gotten pretty normal to show a bunch of guys dongs without showing so much as a single boob. :-)
Dudity. Ain't nobody got time for that.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 07:36 AM 07-28-2019
Yeah, there was none to be seen as far as female nudity. And I didn't see the ending coming at all.

Now I have to wait for season 2. Releasing all of the episodes at once requires discipline while watching... which I seem to be lacking.
[Reply]
Otter 10:19 AM 07-30-2019
Watched up to the race last night and fell asleep right after the finish. Highly entertaining series but wow does it paint a very bleak and dark picture of the world. I wonder how many kids sat down to watch this thinking it was a X-Men
parallel only to wind up going to bed crying.

Gave a legit LOL when they poked fun at Baltimore's crime problem given the recent news. Nice unintentional foreshadowing.

This really isn't a spoiler but a prediction:

Spoiler!

Looking forward to seeing where this goes. Thanks for the heads up, I might have missed this one. :-)
[Reply]
bowener 11:20 AM 07-30-2019
I finished the season a few days ago, and I like where it is headed.

I know the ideas aren't the newest, but I think shows and movies should explore the obvious massive downside to having super humans in the world. Especially Super humans that may appear to be benevolent on the surface.

I started reading Irredeemable 10 years ago, but didn't keep up with it. I think it's time I go back and read it all.
[Reply]
BigRichard 07:59 PM 08-01-2019
Loved the season. Can't wait for the second one.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 26
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up