ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 218 of 3903
« First < 118168208214215216217218 2192202212222282683187181218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SupDock 02:06 PM 03-13-2020
It really is a no win situation here. If this ends up not being bad, people will say the public health sector is full of shit. They won't think for a minute that prevention strategies helped

If it kills a million people, you will hear about how we didn't do enough.

I'm glad people have the balls to make tough decisions.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 02:09 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
The swine flu mortality rate was 0.02%.

The Coronavirus is 3% on the low end. Just think about the difference there. I mean shit.
LMFAO
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:09 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Anyone want to put a wager on the one million number?

Sensationalized fear mongering horseshit...but people will remember it...OMG OMG ONE MILLION.
Please. Even a Presidential candidate is saying that the effects of the coronavirus could be devastating.

"Nobody knows what the number of fatalities may end up being or the number of people who may get ill, and we all hope that that number will be as low as possible," Sanders, a 2020 presidential candidate, said during a speech from Vermont.

"But we also have to face the truth and that is that the number of casualties may actually be even higher than what the armed forces experienced in World War II. In other words, we have a major, major crisis and we must act accordingly."

Sanders' prediction seemed to align with worst-case projections released by the Centers for Disease Control. The agency reportedly offered percentage estimates that into a death count range from 200,000 to 1.7 million. The U.S. military saw more than 400,000 deaths and nearly 700,000 wounded as a result of World War

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bernie...us-wwii-deaths
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:11 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
12,000+ deaths in America during the 2009-2010 Swine Flu Pandemic... a significant % of those deaths from younger people... were you equally as panicked then?

Refer back to the supposed scientific data you are basing your panic on to explain specifically why/how the COVID-19 pandemic is and will be worse than the 2009-2010 Swine Flu pandemic.

Give us specifics, not hypothetical/fear mongering bullshit.

The 2009-2010 Swine Flu pandemic killed 12,000+ in the US and 500,000+ worldwide yet society didn’t shut down.

What is specifically different and more dangerous about COVID-19?
My son, kindergarten at the time, had H1N1. It was the worst thing I've ever endured as a parent. I'm not sure what you mean, specifically, by "panicked", but I've never been so worried about one of my sons in my life as I was during that 2-week period.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:11 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
Funny how this conveniently started during a political season....I'm sure the timing is purely coincidental.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:13 PM 03-13-2020
Funny how this conveniently started during a political season....I'm sure the timing is purely coincidental.
It started in China. So fucking stupid.

Tell you what though, regardless of the whys and hows, the president underestimated and mishandled this one from the jump.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:13 PM 03-13-2020
The swine flu mortality rate was 0.02%.

The Coronavirus is 3% on the low end. Just think about the difference there. I mean shit.
Folks here tend to be completely unable to understand orders of magnitude when presented as such; I doubt many actually CAN conceive the difference.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:14 PM 03-13-2020
Anyone want to put a wager on the one million number?

Sensationalized fear mongering horseshit...but people will remember it...OMG OMG ONE MILLION.
I debated putting that out there and probably shouldn't have because I don't believe it currently. But the CDC does have a worst case scenario number of over 1 million so it is not totally out of left field.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/13/u...-estimate.html
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:14 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Almost 2,000 now
all of this should have been done 3 weeks ago when he was saying it’s going to be zero cases soon. The stock market wouldn’t have tanked for sure.
The government can’t do everything. It has to be a private company/government effort. There is no other way.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:15 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Please. Even a Presidential candidate is saying that the effects of the coronavirus could be devastating.

"Nobody knows what the number of fatalities may end up being or the number of people who may get ill, and we all hope that that number will be as low as possible," Sanders, a 2020 presidential candidate, said during a speech from Vermont.

"But we also have to face the truth and that is that the number of casualties may actually be even higher than what the armed forces experienced in World War II. In other words, we have a major, major crisis and we must act accordingly."

Sanders' prediction seemed to align with worst-case projections released by the Centers for Disease Control. The agency reportedly offered percentage estimates that into a death count range from 200,000 to 1.7 million. The U.S. military saw more than 400,000 deaths and nearly 700,000 wounded as a result of World War

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bernie...us-wwii-deaths
Quoting the media doesn't mean shit to me...especially one owned by Murdoch.

"Nobody knows" was they first thing he said....and they will feast on this uncertainty.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:15 PM 03-13-2020
waiting for the complaint that CEO's burned too much fuel in traveling on private jets.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:16 PM 03-13-2020
Hopefully not, I think we’re taking steps that should slow the spread down enough to at least give healthcare workers a shot at saving some people. But the experts are the ones passing the info along.
According to the census, $40.3 million or 13% of the US is 65 and older. Those are the people most vulnerable to this.

People under 40 have a 0.2% risk and 40-50 aged folks have a 0.4% risk.

This mass hysteria is overblown dude. Yes we need to take it seriously but fuck dude. This is targeting the elderly, specifically the obese, cancerous and other heath risk factor people.

Yes we need to be serious about it, but the media is acting like this is going to killl us all.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:16 PM 03-13-2020
It started in China. So ****ing stupid.

Tell you what though, regardless of the whys and hows, the president underestimated and mishandled this one from the jump.
Well if you listen to China the US army Brought the virus to them
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 02:16 PM 03-13-2020
PA just shut down schools for two weeks to prevent spreading.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:17 PM 03-13-2020
Quoting the media doesn't mean shit to me...especially one owned by Murdoch.
Take your stupid ass to the DC.
[Reply]
Page 218 of 3903
« First < 118168208214215216217218 2192202212222282683187181218 > Last »
Up