Page 73 of 298
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123173 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:58 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
But why was Josh Shaw covering Rob Gronkowski by himself?
Cause Bob Sutton seems to run the same scheme whether that is Eric Berry or the 8th safety that's played this year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:58 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
It's not about firing him for me. It's about acknowledging that while the talent is ass, he is making mistakes too. Not acknowledging that is crazy.
As long as they don't stop with firing Sutton. Firing Sutton at this point is pablum. It's a placebo.

If that makes people feel better, fine. They need a scapegoat. But long-term, Veach better step it up or it's HIM that needs to be fired.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:58 PM 10-14-2018
I'd be curious to know what Reid was saying to Bob at the end of the game?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:58 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Cause Bob Sutton seems to run the same scheme whether that is Eric Berry or the 8th safety that's played this year.
That's a problem, then.
[Reply]
Jimmya 09:58 PM 10-14-2018
Ask htismage why Shaw is covering Gronk one on one.... I'm sure he has an excuse
[Reply]
petegz28 09:59 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
As long as they don't stop with firing Sutton. Firing Sutton at this point is pablum. It's a placebo.

If that makes people feel better, fine. They need a scapegoat. But long-term, Veach better step it up or it's HIM that needs to be fired.
I think you fire Sutton now to send a message to the defense that this shit isn't going to cut it and if you want to be here next year you had better get your shit together.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:59 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
That's my point. Why people are obsessed with making this all about the talent or about Sutton is crazy. It's both.
Because better talent can overcome Sutton.

A different DC can't overcome a lack of talent.

It comes down to doing whatever it takes to fix the defense NOW. Firing Sutton is about 5th on the list.
[Reply]
hometeam 09:59 PM 10-14-2018
Raise your hand if you are responsible for say.. running a business with skilled employees?

Bet its not up if your saying its the players. Your right, it is the players, but it is sutton and the D coaching staff to have them ready, and if they arent getting it they have to figure out a way to teach. If you know there are certain weaknesses you have to do other things that play to your strengths.

I guarenTEE you, if I turned in a piss poor, last in the league, ****ed from top to bottom, performance even ONCE in my business, my ass would be on the street. I wouldn't get 2 years for me to explain to my boss that my employees just didnt get what we where trying to accomplish.

GTFO with that shit. Fire this dude TODAY. It cant get any worse.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:00 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by Jimmya:
Ask htismage why Shaw is covering Gronk one on one.... I'm sure he has an excuse
Like you'd even comprehend it anyway... :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:00 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
:-)

It would be even more funny if it weren't so stupid.
What's so funny, does 50 not win the game?
[Reply]
petegz28 10:01 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Exactly. And the schemes he runs are often questionable as well...
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:01 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Raise your hand if you are responsible for say.. running a business with skilled employees?

Bet its not up if your saying its the players. Your right, it is the players, but it is sutton and the D coaching staff to have them ready, and if they arent getting it they have to figure out a way to teach. If you know th ere are certain weaknesses you have to do other things that play to your strengths.

I guarenTEE you, if I turned in a piss poor, last in the league, fucked from top to bottom, performance even ONCE in my business, my ass would be on the street. I wouldnt get 2 years for me to explain to my boss that my employees just didnt get what we where trying to acocmplish.

GTFO with that shit. Fire this dude TODAY. It cant get any worse.
If you're a hiring manager, you have the ability to fire your people and replace them with people who can perform.

You would NEVER be fired for underperformance of direct reports unless you had the opportunity to replace them and didn't.

Bob Sutton isn't the GM. He can't fire these guys, that's Veach's job.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:01 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
If he left would we get any worse?
Clearly it will. These guys only listen to Bob! They don't do what he asks, but they listen. That way they know what they did wrong.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:02 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
What's so funny, does 50 not win the game?
Because you're mocking me despite the fact that you're clueless about what is actually happening on the field.

But hey.

FIRE SUTTON!!! DERP!
[Reply]
Mecca 10:02 PM 10-14-2018
The shit that is annoying as all fuck is that they keep asking guys to do shit they can't do. Why is Reggie Ragland constantly playing? How hard is it to admit that maybe just maybe Anthony Hitchens isn't a 3 down LB?

Why are you dropping Ford into a zone when he's about as useful as the open space?

That's the shit that annoys me, they will constantly ask a guy to do something he can't do.
[Reply]
Page 73 of 298
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123173 > Last »
Up