ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What do you think?
Yes, socialism is bad! 7 33.33%
No, I love socialism! 14 66.67%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Should we cut Social Security and Medicare benefits?
NJChiefsFan27 01:14 PM 02-25-2020
Scientific poll incoming!
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 05:10 PM 02-25-2020
I’ll be part of this

We owe the 60 and over whatever we promised. The 30 and up are so obligated. You have two options... pay as you go or increase the debt . 60 plus have paid in for a lifetime. We owe
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 05:11 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Not really a solution; just noting that it's another tax on the middle class. Mostly because, they already know that they could take all of the billionaires money and have it spent in six months while they have their supporters believing that the people with all of the money are hoarding it. Can someone explain to me why people feel entitled to something they didn't earn? Even if the people inherit their money, what right does anyone else have to it?

I just want one valid reason why someone would feel like Bill Gates owes them one red cent.
because they have been told by the left that they were victims their entire life...
[Reply]
Bugeater 05:14 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:

I just want one valid reason why someone would feel like Bill Gates owes them one red cent.
Windows 10.

I rest my case.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 06:51 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Are you really saying that single mothers, whom were never married, were just as prevalent before Section 8, food stamps and other programs?

And **** you for comparing widowed single mothers whose husbands died in war to welfare moms with 4 different baby daddies...

Also, answer the question... Has illegal immigration helped these of which you speak, or hurt them?
No, I'm asking you to understand the hardships of single women before a lot of the social programs existed before you parrot stupid dependency talking points.

Ask the Know Nothing party what they think about your question. You'd fit right in with them.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 06:57 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Right. Things I've paid in to my entire life and expect to get the promised return is "Socialism".
Golly gee, it's almost like socialism is literally nothing more than tax revenue (which ss tax is) going towards a government run/managed universal (if you paid the tax you get something) benefit.

Wait a minute. That means local and state taxes going towards a government run universal (everyone gets their protection) fire departments and police departments is socialism.

And gas taxes going to universal (everyone can be on them per acceptable laws) system of roads managed/run by the government for everyone's benefit.

Little secret. Our government run retirement account is socialism and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 07:07 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Polls are harder than they look. Everyone screws them up except Rain Man and me. And maybe a couple of others (you know who you are, but the problem is everyone else thinks they're you).
I wanted to do a poll thread a while back and couldn't even find where to add a poll to the thread. let alone private or public. So I gave up. :-)

It's a shame this thread was done in a snarky manner. I think a well thought out poll on this topic would be cool to read. :-)

Originally Posted by Otter:
No, "we" don't.

Some of us are better at managing our money and lifestyle so we don't require the government to step in for us. Those who can't are more than welcome to take part in the program. I'd be more than happy to sign an opt out form with a refund and no chance of future SS entitlements.
In a perfect world, this is the correct answer. If I could get what my employer and I have put into SS (I'm not even worried about any interest, just the stone cold principal) and a way to transfer it into either a 401k or IRA or similar program without taking a tax hit, I'm game!!

Originally Posted by F150:
55 and over...full benefits

45-55.....announce reduced benefits and establish a savings option of some amount/govt match to some %, will continue to pay in to fund 55 and over until they are gone (dead)

30-45...limited benefits, will continue to pay in to fund 55 and over until they are gone (dead)

Under 30, no benefits, limited tax to pay off the remaining owed
Something like this is more likely, but would need to see more details. :-)
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:18 PM 02-25-2020
And right on cue, loneiguana is here for our lesson in communism.
[Reply]
Al Czervik 10:41 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Golly gee, it's almost like socialism is literally nothing more than tax revenue (which ss tax is) going towards a government run/managed universal (if you paid the tax you get something) benefit.

Wait a minute. That means local and state taxes going towards a government run universal (everyone gets their protection) fire departments and police departments is socialism.

And gas taxes going to universal (everyone can be on them per acceptable laws) system of roads managed/run by the government for everyone's benefit.

Little secret. Our government run retirement account is socialism and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
You are too stupid for words.....
Who wipes your ass for you???
There is no way you can do it yourself....
[Reply]
crayzkirk 11:22 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
because they have been told by the left that they were victims their entire life...
Being a victim is the worst thing you can be. Blaming others for your situation is giving control of your life away. You are powerless, which leads to fear and finally anger.

People who feel that they are victims are easy to control; you simply find an outlet for their anger.

It's more sad than anything that people don't understand this and keep choosing to be victims.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:04 AM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
No, "we" don't.

Some of us are better at managing our money and lifestyle so we don't require the government to step in for us. Those who can't are more than welcome to take part in the program. I'd be more than happy to sign an opt out form with a refund and no chance of future SS entitlements.
I’m middle class and consider myself on a good start saving for retirement for my age.

Still don’t think it will be enough without SS
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 01:01 AM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
Studies show that SS has been hugely beneficial in terms of keeping the elderly out of poverty.
Social security makes elderly people less poor by making working people more poor. Elderly people tend to have more wealth than people just entering the work force. Social security is a program that actually taxes a poorer class and gives that money to a wealthier class. If you are a democrat who opposes taxing the poor to give to the rich....you should be against social security.
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:46 AM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
Social security makes elderly people less poor by making working people more poor. Elderly people tend to have more wealth than people just entering the work force. Social security is a program that actually taxes a poorer class and gives that money to a wealthier class. If you are a democrat who opposes taxing the poor to give to the rich....you should be against social security.
Those elderly peopled paid into the program, in my case 50 years, just like the current generations are. It is normal for your earnings to increase as you age and gain more status, thus paying even more. In my case, I paid the max into SS my last 20 years of working even though they kept raising the limit.

Just think of it as a pyramid scheme that would be just fine if left alone. We were paying for the previous two generations as they retired.

If it was an optional program, nobody would be in it. Everyone would opt out as they are all "special" and want the money now instead of paying in to the program. Many have enjoyed the great success of the stock market lately, but my 401 got hammered after 9/11 and then again in 2007/8.

From what I have seen lately, people opting for apple watch phones instead of saving money, because it is only $30 a month more, would indicate the savings situation is not going to get better, but worse. Retirement is so far off, just defer the saving until next year, I need that cool phone now!

My grandpa would shut off his engine and coast going down hill because he didn't want to end up on the "poor farm." He did very well with that philosophy.

Fast food and a sedentary lifestyle on social media/games, is now more the norm more than the exception, so I don't see things getting better on the medicare front as these new generations age.

Medicare is another issue, where we have paid into it for our working lifetime as a federal requirement.

People need to be held more accountable for their own health and medical facilities should be empowered to lecture and withhold care, in some cases.

I am constantly seeing people too fat for their own frame getting knee and hip surgeries. Riding around Walmart on electric carts buying high calorie snacks and junk food because they are too fat or lazy to walk.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:00 AM 02-26-2020
Current culture is so corrupt and bloated, some states TAX your Social Security.

:-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:23 AM 02-26-2020
I'm on-board with "for those (of us) who won't ever get what they were promised, a refund with some fair form of interest and allow us to put it in our retirement plans".

EDIT: Make that an option and I'll vote for it...
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:32 AM 02-26-2020
If the government had not forced people to pay into ss all of our lives, then sure, cut it. As it is, crooked politicians saw ss as their own personal piggy banks for their pork barrel projects, which is why it's in trouble. Return the money that was stolen and crack down on people who fraudulently claimed and the system would be solvent.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up