ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What do you think?
Yes, socialism is bad! 7 33.33%
No, I love socialism! 14 66.67%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Should we cut Social Security and Medicare benefits?
NJChiefsFan27 01:14 PM 02-25-2020
Scientific poll incoming!
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:24 PM 02-25-2020
They should just be smart and save.
They should just be smart and not have sex out of wedlock.

Just a bunch of utopian nonsense. People are fucking stupid. If the government wants to provide stupid people pennies on the dollar for birth control or abortions, or a few bucks a month for social security so my nice slice of suburban paradise does not get razed and pillaged, I can live with that.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:26 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
You are ****ing clueless. Yes, I wish upon all my might that a huge segment of the country weren't a bunch of dipshits who cant save money, take care of themselves, or stop having needless children. But that isn't reality. If you are one of those dumbass people, and you cannot rely on social security, are you going to sit in a corner and cry until you starve to death, or are you going to steal and kill to survive?
If a person is able bodied, and have been there whole life, they should have options. Those options have been distorted by the dependency these programs have created. Those dipshits who can't save aren't compelled to save to avoid truly negative consequences.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:26 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
You are ****ing clueless.
* clearing throat *

No that would be you, because here you turned my post into a helluva' strawman.

Originally Posted by :
Yes, I wish upon all my might that a huge segment of the country weren't a bunch of dipshits who cant save money, take care of themselves, or stop having needless children. But that isn't reality. If you are one of those dumbass people, and you cannot rely on social security, are you going to sit in a corner and cry until you starve to death, or are you going to steal and kill to survive?
Notice my post was not making a case for or against SS, right? Helluva strawman. Did you see my earlier post saying I don't even consider it an entitlement because people paid into it. Try reading first.

I am simply noting how far out-of-whack your positions are with libertarianism -- not arguing the necessity of these programs. Just saying you're position is NOT libertarian but a typical mainstream Democrat position.

Capiche?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:26 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Pennywise:
If you are one of those people you vote Democrat.
You are insane if you think these same recipients dont vote republican (see basically the entire south who takes in way more federal resources than they put in, but continue voting red). Just because the sample set of dumbs in the democrat party quit voting against their own interests, doesn't mean this is unique to their party.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 02:27 PM 02-25-2020
Sounds like a wonderful idea now that I've been paying into the system for all of my life.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:28 PM 02-25-2020
Education and Helping Beau to identify his ideology.:-)
Libertarian Party on Social Security Party Platform :-)


Phase out government-sponsored retirement system
Retirement planning is the responsibility of the individual, not the government. Libertarians would phase out the current government-sponsored Social Security system and transition to a private voluntary system. The proper and most effective source of help for the poor is the voluntary efforts of private groups and individuals. We believe members of society will become more charitable and civil society will be strengthened as government reduces its activity in this realm.
Source: 2014 Libertarian Party Platform , Nov 1, 2014

Replace the Social Security system with a private system
Retirement planning is the responsibility of the individual, not the government. We favor replacing the current government-sponsored Social Security system with a private voluntary system. The proper source of help for the poor is the voluntary efforts of private groups and individuals.
Source: National platform adopted at Denver L.P. convention , May 30, 2008

Privatize Social Security

We favor replacing the current fraudulent, virtually bankrupt, government sponsored Social Security system with a private voluntary system. Pending that replacement, participation in Social Security should be made voluntary. Victims of the Social Security tax should have a claim against government property.

[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:30 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
If a person is able bodied, and have been there whole life, they should have options. Those options have been distorted by the dependency these programs have created. Those dipshits who can't save aren't compelled to save to avoid truly negative consequences.
Man, you are preaching to the choir. I could give a two shits about most people and them dying on the streets because of their stupidity. But unfortunately they will not be leaving me and mine alone. So I try to think pragmatically in situations like this:

Would I rather the government spend pennies on the dollar for planned parenthood birth control, or would I rather spend hundreds of thousands for the baby who will grow up with section 8, food stamps, and all other manner of welfare under less than ideal circumstances?

Would I rather contribute some dollars for a social safety net, or watch as our whole country burns?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:31 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
You are insane if you think these same recipients dont vote republican (see basically the entire south who takes in way more federal resources than they put in, but continue voting red). Just because the sample set of dumbs in the democrat party quit voting against their own interests, doesn't mean this is unique to their party.
Of course because Republican voters feel they had their money paid into it, even if they're getting more than they paid in, they still think it's all their money.

This is how such ideas corrupt voters by making them dependent. That doesn't mean some of them don't recognize it as the most successful Ponzi scheme ever in the history of mankind. More of such people, exist on the Republican side though. None in the Democrat party. Ideas against it come from libertarians and some Republicans are libertarian.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:33 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
They should just be smart and save.
They should just be smart and not have sex out of wedlock.

Just a bunch of utopian nonsense. People are ****ing stupid. If the government wants to provide stupid people pennies on the dollar for birth control or abortions, or a few bucks a month for social security so my nice slice of suburban paradise does not get razed and pillaged, I can live with that.
Many are, including yourself, not to see what is happening. The Government has slowly dumbed down a large portion of the American people by making them dependent on the government instead of dependent upon themselves. Hell, Bernie Sanders may be the nominee of the Democratic Party for President. These programs have been very disruptive and destructive to personal responsibility and self reliance... Now let's move to free day care, free college, single payer medicare for all on top of these post retirement programs... Cradle to Grave control by the gov't as more and more of the population becomes dumb and dependent. Then at some point, there is not enough smart and productive people to support these programs and the ruling class thrive as vast majorities standard of living drastically declines... ahhhhh Socialism...
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:35 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:

Would I rather contribute some dollars for a social safety net, or watch as our whole country burns?
Contribute implies voluntary. Is this what you mean?

If not, then that's exactly what SS actually is, a social safety net.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:36 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Many are, including yourself, not to see what is happening. The Government has slowly dumbed down a large portion of the American people by making them dependent on the government instead of dependent upon themselves. Hell, Bernie Sanders may be the nominee of the Democratic Party for President. These programs have been very disruptive and destructive to personal responsibility and self reliance... Now let's move to free day care, free college, single payer medicare for all on top of these post retirement programs... Cradle to Grave control by the gov't as more and more of the population becomes dumb and dependent. Then at some point, there is not enough smart and productive people to support these programs and the ruling class thrive as vast majorities standard of living drastically declines... ahhhhh Socialism...
I dont support anything beyond what we have, and we have too much. Unfortunately I am compelled to vote for a stupid ass socialist candidate because of who is currently in the WH.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:37 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Unfortunately I am compelled to vote for a stupid ass socialist candidate because of who is currently in the WH.
That's such an obvious lie that it's not even good enough to be shitty trolling.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:39 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Man, you are preaching to the choir. I could give a two shits about most people and them dying on the streets because of their stupidity. But unfortunately they will not be leaving me and mine alone. So I try to think pragmatically in situations like this:

Would I rather the government spend pennies on the dollar for planned parenthood birth control, or would I rather spend hundreds of thousands for the baby who will grow up with section 8, food stamps, and all other manner of welfare under less than ideal circumstances?

Would I rather contribute some dollars for a social safety net, or watch as our whole country burns?
Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg... Remedial birth control was much more effective before all of these "safety nets" were in place. Birth control today is much more complex and effective yet out of wedlock, or even out of relationship births is way more. Why? Little to no negative consequences for having children you can't afford, in fact, you get more with the more kids you have as a single mother...
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:41 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg... Remedial birth control was much more effective before all of these "safety nets" were in place. Birth control today is much more complex and effective yet out of wedlock, or even out of relationship births is way more. Why? Little to no negative consequences for having children you can't afford, in fact, you get more with the more kids you have as a single mother...
Exactly! Excellent points.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:42 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg... Remedial birth control was much more effective before all of these "safety nets" were in place. Birth control today is much more complex and effective yet out of wedlock, or even out of relationship births is way more. Why? Little to no negative consequences for having children you can't afford, in fact, you get more with the more kids you have as a single mother...
Having children out of wedlock has devastating consequences for the mother and children, and is a near guaranteed ticket to poverty for all but the best cases.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up