ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 21
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cassel's BEST game as a Chief and Haley was Mr. Classy today!
DaneMcCloud 06:30 PM 11-28-2010
Cassel played extremely well today. I was really impressed with his vision and his play under pressure. We've all seen him gradually improve this season, even if it's been one step forward, two steps back at times. I can honestly say that even though I had high hopes with him working with Charlie Weis and expected improvement, I never thought I'd see Matt Cassel play as well as he did in Seattle this season.

And as for Todd Haley, sitting on the ball with 2:00 minutes left in the game was fucking awesome! That's class, Folks, and more than makes up for the Denver faux pas.

Bring on the Broncos!!
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 02:27 PM 11-29-2010
Notice Mecca is predictability absent after the Chiefs victory. Must be compiling a list of things to bitch about for the next time the Chiefs lose.
[Reply]
-King- 02:28 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Oh my god.
Well....um...he did. Manning played fucking terrible yesterday. He didn't say that Cassel is better than Manning, just that Cassel played better yesterday.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:41 PM 11-29-2010
If Bowe and Cassel could get a tight game and a play off win against one of the better teams, I'd have MUCH more faith for the both of them heading to the offseason. I'm really not trying to move a goal post, I'm just saying, "that's what we're trying to do here, right"?
Get me one playoff win where those two really are a deciding factor of the offensive front, and I'll finally believe.
And I'll be MORE than happy to put this shit to bed.

And more mean linemen please...
[Reply]
vailpass 04:16 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by KcChiefsKing:
Well....um...he did. Manning played ****ing terrible yesterday. He didn't say that Cassel is better than Manning, just that Cassel played better yesterday.
Stop. Manning against the #1 D in the NFL, Cassell against the #30 D. I'm not here to rain on your parade but reality is a thing best not ignored.
Mentioning Cassell and Manning in the same sentence all but creates a matter-antimatter explosion.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:13 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Were we watching the same game?

Richardson was terrible and O'Callaghan was simply a non-entity (which is fine for your RT).

When he wasn't committing penalties that were called, he was probably committing penalties that weren't or just getting beat altogether. We need Albert back something fierce.
O'Callaghan missed the block that led to the blocked FG, and he totally whiffed on his man on Charles' TD run, which, if not for an absolutely amazing move, would have cost us another four points.

Richardson got beaten wide on a couple of pass plays and had one drive killing penalty. O'Callaghan was far worse.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:21 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
O'Callaghan missed the block that led to the blocked FG, and he totally whiffed on his man on Charles' TD run, which, if not for an absolutely amazing move, would have cost us another four points.

Richardson got beaten wide on a couple of pass plays and had one drive killing penalty. O'Callaghan was far worse.
Hard to say what happened on the Charles run - it looked like a very very busted play from the start. Guys were lined up wrong and the whole right side of the line seemed to be on different pages. And I can't kill a guy's performance for a special teams flub, it's an ancilary point. He can get a demerit for it, but it's not dispositive.

Richardson was getting beaten wide on pretty much every pass play and probably could've been called for holding about 7 more times than he was. His feet were just shockingly slow - like wet cement style. He was exposed badly against edge rushers. Would O'Callaghan have done better over there? Probably not, but that's not the question.

I usually agree with you on most stuff, but I think you're seeing what you want to see here. Richardson was abused repeatedly out there and O'Callaghan was just marginal.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:26 PM 11-29-2010
By the way, does anyone think it was colossally stupid for Pioli to ignore the backup left tackle spot?

Richardson made Wade Smith look like Willie Roaf.
[Reply]
jd1020 05:27 PM 11-29-2010
How many times did Cassel change the play on that Charles run? That play was rushed all to hell. I dont even think Charles knew wth was going on til Cassel turned to him with 2 seconds left on the play clock.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:32 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by Gif Horse:
By the way, does anyone think it was colossally stupid for Pioli to ignore the backup left tackle spot?

Richardson made Wade Smith look like Willie Roaf.
I think he got blindsided by the Texans backing the truck up for Wade Smith. I think Pioli figured that Smith would be back as a solid backup lineman for both T and G, then Houston paid way too much for the guy and he was gone. That contract surprised everyone and I think it surprised Pioli as well.

From there, it was either pay for someone else's trash or hope ours steps up. I think we should've brought in one more body, but I'm not going to beat him up too badly for failing to do so.

I was pretty annoyed with the roster construction at first, but as it's played out, I understand it a bit more.
[Reply]
bishop_74 05:52 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Stop. Manning against the #1 D in the NFL, Cassell against the #30 D. I'm not here to rain on your parade but reality is a thing best not ignored.
Mentioning Cassell and Manning in the same sentence all but creates a matter-antimatter explosion.
I know. You're right... but I bet Manning got home and had to pick chunks of corn out of his underwear last night.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:58 PM 11-29-2010
$3 million isn't a lot for a guy (Smith) who the team (Houston) planned on starting. I wouldn't have had a problem with us giving him that contract and the C job, with the understanding that he's also the jack-of-all-trades along the rest of the line.

As far as Barry is concerned, I don't get the "should have had 7 more holding penalties" line. Were the refs really in the tank for a backup tackle that bad?

A guy like Richardson is going to look slow against a DE who is smaller than Derrick Johnson. Clemons is 240 pounds. He's also a one trick pony, which is why Richardson consistently gave up the edge. Was he a revelation? Absolutely not, and he was beaten badly on the great play Cassel made to Bowe on third down. But he wasn't exactly abused over and over again. Part of protecting the passer isn't to pancake the DE, but to funnel him to an area away from the QB. If they get by your left shoulder, it's ok if you run them out of the play when they are in the process of doing it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:02 PM 11-29-2010
I would guess Richardson ate that guy up in run blocking, too.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:05 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by Gif Horse:
I would guess Richardson ate that guy up in run blocking, too.
Early in the game, we ran consistently on the right to great success. Eventually we began to mix it up.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 07:12 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by philfree:
During that game when the Chiefs were down 35-0 I told my buddy that I watch all the games with that I wanted to see Cassel put up a bunch of useless stats. Cassel did and now the playbook is suddenly opened up.

I think the coaches gained confidence in Cassel and before that game they were holding him back a little to much IMO.

Now the question is how will they call the offense when McCluster comes back. I can only imagine that it will open up even more but we still need to keep getting it to Bowe. I hope getting McCluster back involved doesn't break up the momentum we have going there.

PhilFree:-)
It really did. I know the game was out of hand, but it really did give him the confidence he needs to take his game to the next level. All the sudden he's thinking, "hey I can do this." In sports confidence and attitude is everything. Heck in life it's the same thing.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:26 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:

Dude, I hate to say it but our O-line is starting to be the reason for the season. I think they had us fooled for a little bit, but it's obvious that some of these guys either aren't youthful enough for a long season, or just don't have the talent.
If Cassel can build on what he's shown over the last two weeks and not revert to shitting himself, I'm thinking WR, NT and major o-line overhaul might not be a bad way to be in 2011...
[Reply]
Page 14 of 21
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Up