ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 90 of 211
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100140190 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:23 AM 07-31-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I don’t know who that pitcher is, but that ain’t one of those pussy hold me back baseball “fights”. I’d like dudes with that passion on my team.

Amir Garrett is kinda fucking nuts, even on a good day.

There's a lot of Julian Taverez in that boy.

Here's a pretty funny breakdown of the entire sequence:

[Reply]
Marco Polo 08:28 AM 07-31-2019
I'll be more than upset if we trade Gorman or Carlson for someone other than a true star.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:46 AM 07-31-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Not sure how the insiders view Ray compared to Bauer but outside of Bauers last season where he looked like he turned into a stud ace they arent too far apart in terms of careers. Bauers a little bit ahead but then you've got the whole but hes a lefty shit in favor of Ray. I would be surprised if Gorman wouldn't be in a deal for Ray.

It's pretty crazy to me the gap between what it cost to get Stroman compared to Bauer.
Strikeout rates turn heads these days and Bauer strikes guys out.

I don't understand why the Reds gave up that much to get him apart from the year of control next season. Bauer's become quite the innings eater if he can manage to not have his leg broken by a liner. But I wonder if part of his struggles this year aren't related to no longer having Klubot and Carrasco to do the top of the rotation stuff. I wonder if he's truly capable of being a staff ace like the Reds will ask of him.

And if he's getting that frustrated about a rocky inning in KC, what's he gonna do when a routine fly ball gets out of the launching pad at GAB?

Trammel is a ton to give up for a high variance pitcher like Bauer. I understand that he's a guy you can give the ball in game 1 and think he can steal you a W or two in a short series, so his value is higher than a guy like Stroman who is pretty middle of the road. But over 32 starts the difference between the two of them isn't that huge given Bauer's inconsistency.

And the Reds aren't the Astros, Dodgers or Yankees. A Game 1 start is by no means a given.

An odd move for them to be sure.

And no, I wouldn't give up Gorman for Bauer but I'd still consider it for Thor.
[Reply]
O.city 08:48 AM 07-31-2019
I don't think I'd move Gorman or Carlson. The Cards need one of (both?) of those guys to develop into legit dudes to compete in the future.

Don't squander anything on this lucky shit team.
[Reply]
Miles 01:19 PM 07-31-2019
45 minutes left with no activity. Don’t want to see the usual give up stuff of real value for crap but seems like some tinkering could be done for a LH bench bat or flier on change of scenery type of SP.
[Reply]
Miles 01:21 PM 07-31-2019
There goes Gyorko to the dodgers at presumably rock bottom value.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:24 PM 07-31-2019
Originally Posted by Miles:
There goes Gyorko to the dodgers at presumably rock bottom value.
Good ol' "Sell Low Moe" strikes again.

Fucking guy has no concept of trading high. Dude hits 50 HRs and plays plus defense over 900 PAs and still has 3 years of team control left at the time, the Cardinals decide they're not going to start him at 3b but also not do...anything with him.

And over the next 2 seasons his value decays to a mere salary dump.

Because John Mozeliak is a fucking trash GM. Corey Dickerson is the LH bat we've needed off the bench for 2 years and he just got traded (again) for essentially nothing; what appears to be bonus money or cash considerations.

Moe is just awful. This team will go nowhere as long as he is running it.
[Reply]
Miles 01:39 PM 07-31-2019
Agree with all of that. Also this trade potentially just helps the best NL team for cash savings.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:39 PM 07-31-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't think I'd move Gorman or Carlson. The Cards need one of (both?) of those guys to develop into legit dudes to compete in the future.

Don't squander anything on this lucky shit team.
Does Not appear thats a concern, they opted to get worse instead.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 01:58 PM 07-31-2019
A ton of pitching traded and we do... nothing. Mo needs to be fired if this team doesn't make the playoffs, period. I have no faith in this FO.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:07 PM 07-31-2019
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
A ton of pitching traded and we do... nothing. Mo needs to be fired if this team doesn't make the playoffs, period. I have no faith in this FO.
Moe needs to be fired if they do make the playoffs.

I don't know what else we need to see to recognize that he's been bypassed by half the league or more. He's simply not a good general manager and whatever the advantages he had on the league 5 years ago, he's clearly been caught and passed since.

He's past his sell-by date. Kinda like every player who's value he's run into the ground and dumped for pennies on the dollar.

Whatever happened to his willingness to 'walk the plank' for Mike Matheny? Sure doesn't seem to have eaten any shit over that disaster.
[Reply]
O.city 02:16 PM 07-31-2019
Greinke to the Stros.

Nice
[Reply]
jd1020 02:19 PM 07-31-2019
Astros and Yankees were in on the same pitchers that didn't end up getting traded but the Astros turn around and get Greinke and Sanchez.

Yankees...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:20 PM 07-31-2019
Cubs got Castellanos from the Tigers. Quality hitter they probably got on the cheap.

But hey, the Cardinals dumped some salary and have Michael Wacha scheduled to make a start so we have that going for us...
[Reply]
jd1020 02:33 PM 07-31-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Cubs got Castellanos from the Tigers. Quality hitter they probably got on the cheap.

But hey, the Cardinals dumped some salary and have Michael Wacha scheduled to make a start so we have that going for us...
Alex Lange and Paul Richan going to Detroit.

Alex Lange was a former 1st round pick but he hasn't shown shit in the minors and has actually lost velocity on his fastball and was plummeting in ranks on one of the worst minor league systems in the game so I doubt he ever even sniffs a call up. Paul Richan 22 years old in A+ and doesnt have a single plus pitch with a low 90's fastball.
[Reply]
Page 90 of 211
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100140190 > Last »
Up