ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 113 of 162
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:09 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by New World Order:
While I hate Eric Berry, what about the Bills concussing Montana in the AFC Title game?!!!!!
Not old enough to remember. Don't care.
[Reply]
diqlix 05:14 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Soo, you're taking the word of anonymous fans concerning OBJ's success of lack thereof now?:-)

Do you consult your mother for her advice about your prostate health?

That's about the funniest thing I've read in a while.

smh. Now we're throwing up random tweets as solid football analysis . . . I'm done with you.
Yes.

When I have no knowledge of a team, I seek the opinions of their fans.

It’s the smart thing to do, as fans are the ones who watch every snap of every game.
[Reply]
diqlix 05:15 PM 12-16-2020
Has he, really? I guess that still a question for me. Has he really developed his processing speed, or has he just been given an eraser in Diggs? What if a defense used a box coverage or a man/zone bracket (or whatever) on Diggs? Would Josh be able to process that and find the singled up receiver consistently? Or would he throw at Diggs anyway, or just tuck it and run?

I'm still not sure that question has been answered. But again, I don't watch every Bills game. Just three of four this season, and some film breakdowns on YT right before they played KC.

None of those definitively showed me that Josh had dramatically improved his processing speed.
You think no teams have tried to stop the Allen-Diggs combo?

You think if they could simply bracket or cover Diggs, which would apparently make Allen crumble, they wouldn’t do that?

Your admittance to only watching a few analysis of Allen makes your opinions on him more sense now.

Watch all of his games.

There is a reason why he is 3rd behind Mahomes and Rodgers in MVP voting.
[Reply]
diqlix 05:20 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

Last 3 games should be interesting. Denver missing corners but if they play cloud coverage and try to force Allen to his left I expect things could get interesting.

Miami and New England both have scheme to stop the Daboll offense. We get to watch Allen play QB last 2 weeks. If he does well in those situations, great. That would be true growth.
Just FYI.

Allen has already played both Miami and NE this year.

He is 2-0 against with 560 yards, 5 TD’s and 1 INT.
[Reply]
diqlix 05:43 PM 12-16-2020
Tennessee played their usual guard the bleachers cloud coverage. While most NFL QB's eat that shit up, Allen struggled.

He kept looking downfield and couldn't find the open guy. He eventually turned into checkdown Charlie and just wasted clock with the Titans far ahead.

Terrible QB play and game management but I bet PFF would grade taking these checkdowns wonderfully in their little score card.
What actually happened is turnovers.

First series of the game, a WR tipped a pass into the air and it was intercepted. Touchdown Tennessee right after.

Then there was a kickoff return, guy fumbled. Tennessee scores a Touchdown.

Then there was a miscommunication between Allen and the receiver. Receiver ran a Go route. Allen threw a curl. It was Intercepted. Another Tennessee TD after that.

The game had literally nothing to do with checkdowns. It had to do with the Titans getting 21 points off turnovers.

Allen had 281 yards and 2 TD’s. He averaged over 10 yards per completion. Aaron Rodgers averages 11 yards per completion for the year, to put that into perspective.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:49 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by daquix:
Just FYI.

Allen has already played both Miami and NE this year.

He is 2-0 against with 560 yards, 5 TD’s and 1 INT.
I watch other games besides the Chiefs, I saw both games.

Miami lost Byron Jones and then was struggling to play their scheme. You ran crossing routes over and over and over and Miami's safeties were nowhere to be found. With no Jones Miami inserted the rookie corner Igo to guard Diggs and he was a disaster. Miami's D demands great communication and switching and they were not ready early. Miami is playing much better D since you played them..but I am sure you know that since you are in the division with them. Howard also dropped a pick that could have swung the game towards Miami late despite their poor play.

Against NE, Allen completed 11 passes out of 18 for 154 yards and no TD's, one pick. Buffalo was saved by the running game and Cam's fumble as the game was ending as NE was closing in on the endzone.

My point is that the NE scheme (when run properly) forces QB's to process the field more than other schemes to find the open guy. Even Mahomes who is a WAY faster processor than Allen has struggled against this scheme for moments.

Based on what I have seen from Miami lately I think that would be a nice game to watch if Buffalo is not resting starters.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:51 PM 12-16-2020
What actually happened is turnovers.

First series of the game, a WR tipped a pass into the air and it was intercepted. Touchdown Tennessee right after.

Then there was a kickoff return, guy fumbled. Tennessee scores a Touchdown.

Then there was a miscommunication between Allen and the receiver. Receiver ran a Go route. Allen threw a curl. It was Intercepted. Another Tennessee TD after that.

The game had literally nothing to do with checkdowns. It had to do with the Titans getting 21 points off turnovers.

Allen had 281 yards and 2 TD’s. He averaged over 10 yards per completion. Aaron Rodgers averages 11 yards per completion for the year, to put that into perspective.

Buffalo was way behind early and Tennessee let you dump the ball off and run clock. Your QB needed to go downfield more and quicken the pace and he could not do it.
[Reply]
diqlix 05:59 PM 12-16-2020
I watch other games besides the Chiefs, I saw both games.

Miami lost Byron Jones and then was struggling to play their scheme. You ran crossing routes over and over and over and Miami's safeties were nowhere to be found. With no Jones Miami inserted the rookie corner Igo to guard Diggs and he was a disaster. Miami's D demands great communication and switching and they were not ready early. Miami is playing much better D since you played them..but I am sure you know that since you are in the division with them. Howard also dropped a pick that could have swung the game towards Miami late despite their poor play.

Against NE, Allen completed 11 passes out of 18 for 154 yards and no TD's, one pick. Buffalo was saved by the running game and Cam's fumble as the game was ending as NE was closing in on the endzone.

My point is that the NE scheme (when run properly) forces QB's to process the field more than other schemes to find the open guy. Even Mahomes who is a WAY faster processor than Allen has struggled against this scheme for moments.

Based on what I have seen from Miami lately I think that would be a nice game to watch if Buffalo is not resting starters.
Just to be clear, will it always be an excuse when Allen does well?

I only ask because you don’t seem to mention that Buffalo was down 5 starters when playing KC, but you mention the Dolphins 2nd CB.
[Reply]
diqlix 06:00 PM 12-16-2020
Buffalo was way behind early and Tennessee let you dump the ball off and run clock. Your QB needed to go downfield more and quicken the pace and he could not do it.
You wanted him to average 20 yards per throw instead? lol
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:03 PM 12-16-2020
You think no teams have tried to stop the Allen-Diggs combo?

You think if they could simply bracket or cover Diggs, which would apparently make Allen crumble, they wouldn’t do that?

Your admittance to only watching a few analysis of Allen makes your opinions on him more sense now.

Watch all of his games.

There is a reason why he is 3rd behind Mahomes and Rodgers in MVP voting.
Oh, I'm sure they have since about week 3-4 I'm guessing.

The relevant question is which teams have? How has he done against a good pass rush and a good secondary with a good DC?

Won't go into detail here, but I notice that some teams did take away Diggs, as much as you can contain an elite receiver like Stephon. And Allen's QBR usually suffered for it.

And fans rarely have any real understanding of play design, QB play, route-running, etc. Which is why their commentary is usually as simple as "oh, he looked open to me!"

Which isn't analysis at all. It's really just fans whining. Throwing up fan tweets as evidence is about the least intelligent thing you can do.
[Reply]
diqlix 06:05 PM 12-16-2020
Oh, I'm sure they have since about week 3-4 I'm guessing.

The relevant question is which teams have? How has he done against a good pass rush and a good secondary with a good DC?

Won't go into detail here, but I notice that some teams did take away Diggs, as much as you can contain an elite receiver like Stephon. And Allen's QBR usually suffered for it.

And fans rarely have any real understanding of play design, QB play, route-running, etc. Which is why their commentary is usually as simple as "oh, he looked open to me!"

Which isn't analysis at all. It's really just fans whining. Throwing up fan tweets as evidence is about the least intelligent thing you can do.
Good point about the quality of competition.

Bills have the highest SOV (strength of victory) of any team in the AFC playoffs.

Higher than KC even.

In other words, the Bills haven’t been beating cupcakes. They’ve been beating teams with good records.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:11 PM 12-16-2020
You wanted him to average 20 yards per throw instead? lol
Not waste clock. One of the drives off the top of my head burned 7 plus minutes of clock. Its better than ints or incompletions but its not what needs to be done situationallly.

Allen is having a great year. The issue is you want to start calling him elite and for that your game is going to be dissected more than just fantasy football numbers or stats.
[Reply]
notorious 06:13 PM 12-16-2020
The great thing about this is that we will know the answer within 6 weeks.
[Reply]
diqlix 06:31 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
The great thing about this is that we will know the answer within 6 weeks.
That’s an excellent point.
[Reply]
diqlix 06:33 PM 12-16-2020
Not waste clock. One of the drives off the top of my head burned 7 plus minutes of clock. Its better than ints or incompletions but its not what needs to be done situationallly.

Allen is having a great year. The issue is you want to start calling him elite and for that your game is going to be dissected more than just fantasy football numbers or stats.
The 6 minute drive your referring to happened in the 3rd quarter. I guess he could have been running no-huddle in the 3rd, but I don’t think a 12 point game in the 3rd is a time to go crazy pushing plays down the field.

Ps, I never said he is playing elite or is elite. I don’t know where you got that from?
[Reply]
Page 113 of 162
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123 > Last »
Up