ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 100 of 162
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110150 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 09:18 AM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by daquix:
Exactly.

That’s how good the Chiefs are.

Bills probably are NOT going to beat the Chiefs.

This conversation started from someone thinking that it was impossible for a team to beat someone that they already lost too.

I simply pointed out the flaw in the logic.

Teams evolve and just because Team A beat Team B earlier on, doesnt mean they’ll do it again later.

As for why some people think the Bills have the best chance? It’s simple. It was a 6 point game with 2 minutes left. And the Bills were without 5 starters in that game.

Edge is still with KC in my opinion, though.
I don't think anyone thinks that the Chiefs are invincible by any stretch, and personally, I think the Bills are probably the biggest threat to them at the end of the day....

But when this Chiefs team plays well in all phases of the game, they are probably as close to impossible to beat as a team can be....and quite honestly, they haven't even played their best game yet in my opinion....

And I don't subscribe to the theories that just because the Chiefs have won some close games, that they are somehow more vulnerable....To me, a win is win no matter how they get them....

For most of 2018, The Chiefs blew most of the competition out (with some exceptions), but generally lost all the close games.....so, for them to pull out the close games to me is just a sign of the maturity of this team....they are winning the games now that cost them I the past.....again, 11 wins in 12 games, and people are still like "oh no!"

Certainly it doesn't make the Chiefs invincible, particularly in any given week (at the end of the day, it's the NFL).....but most of us Chiefs fans know what this team is, and have little concern that this team knows how to close out games now....games in the past they might have otherwise lost....

At any rate, good luck tonight.....hoping your team knocks off those pesky Steelers! :-)
[Reply]
notorious 09:20 AM 12-13-2020
They’re not a great defense. But they get good pressure. Bills head coach Sean McDermott said after the game that they purposefully let the Chiefs run on them to slow the game down. Reid confirmed this after the game too, and said the Bills basically baited them into running so that’s what they did. Heck, it kinda worked. It was a 6 point game with 2 minutes left. Bills held the Chiefs offense to 26 points, which was their 2nd lowest output over their last 16 games until last week.

Also, teams evolve throughout the season. I can’t believe people don’t understand this, especially after losing to a crappy Raiders team. https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...postcount=1471
The dogshit weather held them to 26. It was a monsoon.

Does anyone watch the fucking games? :-)
[Reply]
diqlix 09:23 AM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
I don't think anyone thinks that the Chiefs are invincible by any stretch, and personally, I think the Bills are probably the biggest threat to them at the end of the day....

But when this Chiefs team plays well in all phases of the game, they are probably as close to impossible to beat as a team can be....and quite honestly, they haven't even played their best game yet in my opinion....

And I don't subscribe to the theories that just because the Chiefs have won some close games, that they are somehow more vulnerable....To me, a win is win no matter how they get them....

For most of 2018, The Chiefs blew most of the competition out (with some exceptions), but generally lost all the close games.....so, for them to pull out the close games to me is just a sign of the maturity of this team....they are winning the games now that cost them I the past.....again, 11 wins in 12 games, and people are still like "oh no!"

Certainly it doesn't make the Chiefs invincible, particularly in any given week (at the end of the day, it's the NFL).....but most of us Chiefs fans know what this team is, and have little concern that this team knows how to close out games now....games in the past they might have otherwise lost....

At any rate, good luck tonight.....hoping your team knocks off those pesky Steelers! :-)
I agree.

If the Chiefs are “on”, it’s their Super Bowl to lose.

Thanks for kind words about the Steelers tonight!
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:49 AM 12-13-2020
That’s a whole lot of words and excuses that could have been saved by simply saying “oops, I was wrong”.

Sad.

Ps, BUF also ranks 10th in INT/attempt, 6th in sack rate, 4th in 3rd down conversions, 4th in disrupted dropbacks & 4th in pass rush win rate. Those stats are valid as of before last weeks game, but I assume they’re similar after last week.

https://twitter.com/pff/status/1337578681259208705?s=21
:-) PFF.

Okay, here's the thing: you can wave around your impressive stats all you want, but any long-time Chiefs' fan can tell you in detail just how valuable those biased stats are on the field. Which is to say, not very much.

The facts are straightforward: BUF's pass rush doesn't scare anyone, because they generated most of their numbers against bad teams that don't have much of an OL/running game to begin with. Case in point, bagging 9 sacks against the Jets isn't impressive. And we've seen the BUF pass rush first hand, and iirc, it wasn't anything to get excited about.

And due to the schedule, BUF hasn't faced hardly any teams that have a pass rush to test Josh Allen to this point. But we all remember what happened when he faced good pass rushes last season, as well as how poorly he played vs. the Chiefs pass rush, and we didn't even have to sack him.

Never mind how he played in the playoff game vs. HOU last season, which was embarrassing, no matter how you look at it, and I don't care what the stat-lines say about his performance in that game.

But all of us are hopeful that what our eyes have told us since Josh became the starter is wrong, and that you're right, at least for this one game.

Because this is how the game vs. PIT is probably going to go. PIT is going to punt at least 6 times tonight vs. your team. And they're not going to run more than about 20 times total, probably less. Rothlisberger is going to throw for 45+ attempts for about 6.5 yds/att. He's going to miss a high percentage of short to intermediate throws, particularly over the middle. I'll even predict that most of those misses will be in the dirt well before it gets to the receiver.

In other words, BUF will never have a better chance to beat PIT. All BUF has to do is control the LoS, take what the defense gives, and I expect Diggs to be open a lot underneath, and score at least 27 points. To do that, since BUF doesn't have much of a running game, Josh is going to have to perform well under duress. Not run backwards 20 yards and take a sack. Or throw up-for-grabs balls in the middle of the field. Or throw intentional grounding balls multiple times.

We all hope he's as good as your puffed up stats. But we all remember the season of "Alex Smith is the best QB in the NFL," or "The Chiefs have the best 3rd down defense in the league," and so on. So your stats aren't that impressive, regardless of where you got them.

If Josh shows out tonight vs. PIT, I'll happily change my tune. Until then . . . well, let's just see what he does.

But good luck to the Buffalo Bills tonight. It would be great to see that they've really turned a corner.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:03 AM 12-13-2020
Great day for football. Feels like a playoff atmosphere.

Chiefs vs Fins
Colts vs Raiders
Steelers vs Bills

AFC playoff picture will change a bit today IMO
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 11:14 AM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Great day for football. Feels like a playoff atmosphere.

Chiefs vs Fins
Colts vs Raiders
Steelers vs Bills

AFC playoff picture will change a bit today IMO
I hope we Rick Roll that Miami D.....

Kind of tired of hearing about them, especially since any "highlight reel" footage we see is against the Jets and Bengals....

Not saying it's a bad D, but we should probably pump the breaks a little bit....
[Reply]
tredadda 11:50 AM 12-13-2020
Exactly.

That’s how good the Chiefs are.

Bills probably are NOT going to beat the Chiefs.

This conversation started from someone thinking that it was impossible for a team to beat someone that they already lost too.

I simply pointed out the flaw in the logic.

Teams evolve and just because Team A beat Team B earlier on, doesnt mean they’ll do it again later.

As for why some people think the Bills have the best chance? It’s simple. It was a 6 point game with 2 minutes left and they were a foot away from tying the game despite being without 5 starters in that game.

Edge is still with KC in my opinion, though.
In spite of all that KC dominated the game and almost no one thought the end result was in doubt. KC was the better team that game and it was more obvious than the score let on.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 11:53 AM 12-13-2020

Steelers reportedly have "serious concern" about Ben Roethlisberger's knee; the Week 14 injury report says otherwise https://t.co/FIiCFw5vbK

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) December 13, 2020

[Reply]
diqlix 11:53 AM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
In spite of all that KC dominated the game and almost no one thought the end result was in doubt. KC was the better team that game and it was more obvious than the score let on.
Agreed.

I hope KC embarrasses Miami today.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:57 AM 12-13-2020
I just want to embarrass a team this year. I mean totally humiliate them. Is this the game?

49-3 Chiefs
[Reply]
Nightfyre 11:58 AM 12-13-2020
I am sure it has been mentioned in this thread - but the PIT BUF game here is perhaps the most important in terms of moving the Chiefs into the #1 seed. Chiefs need to win, but if PIT loses, I believe we are the #1 seed and control our own destiny.
[Reply]
diqlix 04:55 PM 12-15-2020

[Reply]
staylor26 05:00 PM 12-15-2020
That’s cute. Why arbitrarily start at week 9? And why is record since week 9 missing there? Because it doesn’t fit the narrative they’re trying to push with the graphic?
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 05:13 PM 12-15-2020
The Bills are just the latest team to think they have a chance against the Chiefs.

Titans, 49ers, Ravens, Bucs, now the Bills.

It's cute, but we all know how this movie ends.
[Reply]
notorious 05:15 PM 12-15-2020
:-)

**** it. Let them get their hopes up.
[Reply]
Page 100 of 162
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110150 > Last »
Up