ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 59 of 252
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
NWTF 07:46 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Men, what are we looking at for the Steam summer sale?

I came away with the Thief pack for under $7 to get a couple of the older titles I didnt have and I grabbed this early access game that looks promising.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/264710/Subnautica/

All in all there wasnt much that caught my eye.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 05:36 AM 06-25-2017
I bought Domina, a gladiator sim, for $5. I'm enjoying it so far.

2017 is a strong year for pixel-art games, so far. Crawl and Domina are my two favorite ('17) purchases

I'm considering buying Asseto Corsa, a race sim. has anyone here tried it?
[Reply]
kcxiv 08:13 PM 06-25-2017
not finding a damn thing i want. There are games coming out down the road, but for me this steam summer sale is a bummer.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 01:57 PM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
not finding a damn thing i want. There are games coming out down the road, but for me this steam summer sale is a bummer.
agreed - and the discounts dont seem to be as much as last summer either.

(or maybe I've just got all the games already that I really want)
[Reply]
New World Order 05:55 PM 06-26-2017

Bought Project Cars for 9 bucks.

Think I'll bite the bullet and get Planet Coaster.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 for 5. That good?
[Reply]
Gonzo 09:10 PM 07-03-2017
Usually I would have to admit that fighting games just don't do much for me. They insist that they're worth the same amount of money as games like Dark Souls, Witcher and Fallout. While I don't really agree there, I have to admit that the Injustice games are a lot of fun.

Starting with the single player modes...

The campaign is roughly 5-6 hours and it continues the storyline from the first game.

***SPOILERS, (Kinda)****

You are in a different demension where Super Man was duped into doing something not nice and he ends up becoming an evil dictator along with select Justice League members.

Now that we're up to date, you're still in said demension and other things happen. Ever time you progress a chapter, you fight as a different DC character and you have to win a few fights in order to progress. As you win more and more, the opponents get more difficult.
I will admit that the story is pretty good. Not as good as the previous game but decent.
The graphics and cut scenes are above average. Not as good as other games but the game plays smoothly at 60fps.

All in all, the single player includes the campaign, tournament mode and several other options that you would get a lot of enjoyment out of.

The multiplayer also has several options. You can join a guild or play solo. You can play against a significant other via split screen or online against total strangers. It's decent.

Total score: 7 out of 10

A good time. Worth picking up on sale in a month.
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 07:03 AM 07-04-2017
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
Usually I would have to admit that fighting games just don't do much for me. They insist that they're worth the same amount of money as games like Dark Souls, Witcher and Fallout. While I don't really agree there, I have to admit that the Injustice games are a lot of fun.

Starting with the single player modes...

The campaign is roughly 5-6 hours and it continues the storyline from the first game.

***SPOILERS, (Kinda)****

You are in a different demension where Super Man was duped into doing something not nice and he ends up becoming an evil dictator along with select Justice League members.

Now that we're up to date, you're still in said demension and other things happen. Ever time you progress a chapter, you fight as a different DC character and you have to win a few fights in order to progress. As you win more and more, the opponents get more difficult.
I will admit that the story is pretty good. Not as good as the previous game but decent.
The graphics and cut scenes are above average. Not as good as other games but the game plays smoothly at 60fps.

All in all, the single player includes the campaign, tournament mode and several other options that you would get a lot of enjoyment out of.

The multiplayer also has several options. You can join a guild or play solo. You can play against a significant other via split screen or online against total strangers. It's decent.

Total score: 7 out of 10

A good time. Worth picking up on sale in a month.
dimension. ffs.
[Reply]
Gonzo 02:32 PM 07-04-2017
Originally Posted by FlintHillsChiefs:
dimension. ffs.
Huh, my spellcheck didn't pick it up. Sorry to inconvenience you.
[Reply]
Sofa King 06:09 PM 07-04-2017
You're so stupid Gonzo. Learn to spell good.
[Reply]
kcxiv 08:09 PM 07-04-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Bought Project Cars for 9 bucks.

Think I'll bite the bullet and get Planet Coaster.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 for 5. That good?
i ended up buying Insurgency, SpeedRunners (SO ****ING FUN) and Assasins Creed: Black Flag.

NO idea bout the euro one. I have a few friends that play the American truck simulator and they seem to really enjoy that one.
[Reply]
Gonzo 09:37 PM 07-04-2017
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
You're so stupid Gonzo. Learn to spell good.
:-)
I know. I will go castrate myself with a rusty knife now.
[Reply]
Gonzo 09:39 PM 07-04-2017
i ended up buying Insurgency, SpeedRunners (SO ****ING FUN) and Assasins Creed: Black Flag.

NO idea bout the euro one. I have a few friends that play the American truck simulator and they seem to really enjoy that one.
Black flag is a great game. Very entertaining. Give AC Syndicate a try if you like the traditional mechanics. Very nice graphics and they did a good job on London.
[Reply]
MrGiggity 10:29 AM 07-05-2017
Wondering if I should buy Witcher 3. Keep in mind that I am about 15 hours into Skyrim for the PS4 and I'm liking it so far. I have heard Witcher 3 is more story based, while Skyrim has more freedom. Thoughts?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:33 PM 07-05-2017
I liked Witcher 3 ok, but I'm not one of the fans that thinks it deserves to be on the all time best list.

Witcher 3 does a good job developing the other characters you interact with. I liked that. Although I got a bit annoyed at being forced into a melodramatic love story. Witcher 3 was the first one I played. Maybe I would have been more invested if I had played the previous ones.

Witcher 3 has more a story based side quests. Skyrim is more fight your way through this dungeon and retrieve some object at the end.

Skyrim allows far more flexibility in play style. You can play as a Nord tank that never uses spells or potions or you can play as a squishy magic user.

I usually play Skyrim as some combination of Magic user/archer/sneak.

Witcher 3 basically forces you to play as a sword fighter and there aren't really any spells.

Yes it has an attribute that works a bit like a Skyrim dragon shout. It has a crossbow, but that is pretty ineffective. There are some things you can throw.

So I didn't find the Witcher 3 combat as interesting. (If you like playing strictly as fighter, you might like it better). Skyrim has far more flexibility in how you approach each combat, especially if you become a high level magic user.

I finished Witcher 3 but didn't have any interest in the DLC and/or playing through again. There are one or two spots you could make a different choice, but for the most part, it is going to be the same story.

Skyrim can still be interesting to come back to and play in a different style.

Your mileage may vary.
[Reply]
Gonzo 03:01 PM 07-05-2017
Originally Posted by MrGiggity:
Wondering if I should buy Witcher 3. Keep in mind that I am about 15 hours into Skyrim for the PS4 and I'm liking it so far. I have heard Witcher 3 is more story based, while Skyrim has more freedom. Thoughts?
I'd never played a Witcher game nor knew any of the storyline before I bought 3. It's by far the greatest RPG ever made IMO. Especially when you add both of the DLC's. You have 200 hours of content. Easily.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 252
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Up