ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 146 of 162
« First < 4696136142143144145146 147148149150156 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:56 PM 12-23-2020
I still think the AFC playoffs will have the Dolphins instead of the Ravens.

https://theathletic.com/2275951/2020...kings-week-15/

1. Kansas City Chiefs (13-1)
Originally Posted by :
Wish: A healthy offensive line for the postseason. The Chiefs took care of business against the Saints, but they had to work for it. Patrick Mahomes averaged just 5.4 yards per attempt (YPA) and was under constant pressure. He was sacked four times and absorbed 11 hits. Left tackle Eric Fisher was playing through a back injury, and backup right tackle Mike Remmers was sidelined. It’s unclear when the Chiefs will get their first-team right tackle, Mitchell Schwartz, back from injury. The Chiefs are Super Bowl favorites, but they’re not unbeatable in a one-game playoff scenario. Kansas City’s last six wins have all been one-possession games. Teams that have the best chance of upsetting them will be able to light it up offensively and pressure Mahomes without blitzing. The Chiefs’ offensive line has to play better than it did in Week 15.
3. Buffalo Bills (11-3)
Originally Posted by :
Wish: A willingness to be bold against Mahomes and the Chiefs in a potential playoff matchup. Are we getting ahead of ourselves? Sure. But the Bills were impressive once again in Week 15, and there’s no reason to doubt their offense. Josh Allen is playing great, Brian Daboll schemes up explosive plays every week and Stefon Diggs leads a talented group of pass catchers. If you’re a daydreaming Bills fan, you’re already thinking about how your team could match up better against the Chiefs than it did in a loss earlier this season. One area where they could have an edge is Sean McDermott’s game management against Andy Reid’s. What’s the right formula for the Bills to beat the Chiefs? Maybe it means being even more aggressive on fourth down than usual. Trying to score touchdowns at nearly any cost. A trick play or two on special teams. A defensive wrinkle to steal a possession. If the Bills face the Chiefs in the playoffs, it can’t just be a “line up and play” approach. They need to be aggressive, and McDermott has to give them an edge. This would be a really fun matchup and is one I’m hoping we get in January.
6. Baltimore Ravens (9-5)
Originally Posted by :
Wish: For the Dolphins, Colts or Browns to stumble down the stretch. The Ravens are averaging over 40 points per game during their three-game winning streak. It’d be a mistake to overreact to a blowout win over the Jaguars, but it’s not a stretch to say the Ravens are playing their best football of the year and the passing game is improving. Lamar Jackson has jumped up to 11th in QBR, one spot ahead of Kyler Murray and one spot behind Deshaun Watson. But if the season ended today, the Ravens would miss the playoffs. In all likelihood, they need to win their final two games against the Giants and Bengals and then get help from the teams ahead of them. If the Ravens find a way into the playoffs, they could be a tough first-round matchup.
8. Pittsburgh Steelers (11-3)
Originally Posted by :
Wish: To somehow stop the bleeding. After a third straight loss — the most recent one on Monday night to Ryan Finley and the Bengals — it’s time to panic. The Steelers’ offense has failed to score 20 points in four straight games. Against Cincinnati, it produced just two first downs and 30 yards on its first eight drives. Forget the No. 1 seed. The Steelers still need to clinch the AFC North. And they’ve got tough matchups against the Colts and Browns to finish out the season.
9. Tennessee Titans (10-4)
Originally Posted by :
Wish: Something, anything, from their defense and special teams. The Titans have the best offense in the league, according to EPA per play. They’ve scored 30-plus in five straight games and blew the Lions out in Week 15. The Titans deserve a mention when discussing which AFC teams can knock off the Chiefs because Tennessee can score on anyone. Its defense and special teams don’t need to be great. They just need to be good enough. But for the most part, they haven’t been this season. The playoffs are all about opponent-specific matchups. Perhaps Mike Vrabel can get the Titans’ defense to rise above its talent level.
10. Indianapolis Colts (10-4)
Originally Posted by :
Wish: A fun playoff run. The Colts do a lot of things at a professional, competent level, but I don’t know that they do anything well enough to be considered a real contender in the AFC. And that’s OK. We often get wrapped up in championship or bust that we forget a lot of fandom is just about enjoying those three hours in front of the TV every week. If the Colts can offer that for a playoff game or two, this season should be considered a success.
12. Cleveland Browns (10-4)
Originally Posted by :
Wish: For Baker Mayfield to stay hot. He was on fire in the Browns’ win over the Giants, completing 27 of 32 passes for 297 yards and a pair of touchdowns. It feels like the Browns’ offense has found another gear in the last few weeks, and Mayfield is all the way up to fifth in QBR. The Browns will be aiming for their 11th win Sunday against the Jets and currently occupy the top wild-card spot.
13. Miami Dolphins (9-5)
Originally Posted by :
Wish: A playoff berth. Why overcomplicate this one? The Dolphins currently own the seven seed after their win against the Patriots, but the Ravens have the same record so there is little margin for error. Miami finishes the season at the Raiders and at the Bills. In reality, this season should already be considered a success. Brian Flores looks like one of the league’s brightest young coaches and Tua Tagovailoa has flashed. But getting to the playoffs for the first time since 2016 would be a nice benchmark to hit for a young team.

[Reply]
Megatron96 02:57 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Bullshit. They let Lamar pack their shit in good. You are the same dude that was piss your pants frightened of the titans last year too. Chiefs absolutely wrecked them in the playoffs.. Gets old.
Browns defense wasn’t good enough, but their offense is. They ran 4 TDs in and threw two more.

And CLE will destroy PIT in week 17.
[Reply]
O.city 03:06 PM 12-23-2020
It's so funny because you could have called this 3 weeks ago. The Ravens had a shit schedule coming down the stretch, so you knew they'd kick everyone's ass on it and we'd hear about how they're so scary and back.

Bleh.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 03:27 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Browns defense wasn’t good enough, but their offense is. They ran 4 TDs in and threw two more.

And CLE will destroy PIT in week 17.
eh....everyone thought they were going to beat the Ravens again the second time.

Cleveland beating the Steelers in two weeks is the same as a Bills playoff win: I'll believe it when I see it.

It's easy to say, and most certainly could be done, but until they do it, I don't believe it....
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:29 PM 12-23-2020
I think the Colts, Browns & Dolphins win out.

Browns win the AFC North, Colts win the AFC South & the Dolphins get the 7th seed.

1. Chiefs
2. Bills
3. Browns
4. Colts
5. Titans
6. Steelers
7. Dolphins
[Reply]
jhawkinVA 03:40 PM 12-23-2020
Ideal path is Dolphins in the divisional round and Steelers in the AFC Championship
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:53 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
eh....everyone thought they were going to beat the Ravens again the second time.

Cleveland beating the Steelers in two weeks is the same as a Bills playoff win: I'll believe it when I see it.

It's easy to say, and most certainly could be done, but until they do it, I don't believe it....
They overcame a 14’point deficit twice, scored 21’in the final quarter, tied it and took the lead with a minute to go.

Definitely not the same old Browns.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:03 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Bullshit. They let Lamar pack their shit in good. You are the same dude that was piss your pants frightened of the titans last year too. Chiefs absolutely wrecked them in the playoffs.. Gets old.
fuck's your problem?

I was more concerned with Henry and the Titans last play-off than the Ravens. That's all. That's more than reasonable.

If that bothers your tender sensibilities, put me on ignore. It's not like I'll miss your sparkling conversation.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:05 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They won 5 of their last 7 in 2018, Mayfield set a rookie record, and then they came out in 2019 and lost 6 of their first 8.
Dude.

Freddie fuckin' Kitchens.

It was a dumpster fire of a hire. come on now.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:16 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Dude.

Freddie fuckin' Kitchens.

It was a dumpster fire of a hire. come on now.
Dude, the coach the year before was Hue fucking Jackson.

Hue "1-31" Jackson.

Yes, Kitchens was a bad coach. No, one coach cannot make a "talented" team just implode.

Sorry.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:17 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:

Yep.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:18 PM 12-23-2020
They overcame a 14’point deficit twice, scored 21’in the final quarter, tied it and took the lead with a minute to go.

They lost. In spectacular fashion.

They're still the Browns until they prove otherwise.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:31 PM 12-23-2020
They lost. In spectacular fashion.

They're still the Browns until they prove otherwise.
they're going to finish no worse than 11-5. When's the last time the Browns went 11-5?

It's even likely given the total implosion of the Squealers that they'll go 12-4. Have the Browns EVER gone 12-4?

As a Chiefs fan, I'm not afraid of the Browns. I'm not afraid of anyone.

But there's us, and then there's everyone else, and as long as The Chiefs take care of business, we'll be basking in the glory of a repeat championship in February.

It doesn't mean you can't acknowledge other teams being good. They're just not GREAT.

The Bills are good. The Browns are good. The rest in the AFC are not there yet or are declining.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 05:10 PM 12-23-2020

No disagreement at all, and they certainly can beat the Steelers...

However, just because they didn't get run out of the building by the Ravens and made a valiant effort, they still found a way to lose the game that they had every motivation to win (all the history, crowd fired up, coming off a big win, most successful season in a long time, etc.)

And it while it wouldn't shock me that they beat the Steelers (which isn't exactly going out on a limb right now), I also wouldn't be shocked if they found a way to lose that game either.....
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:24 PM 12-23-2020
Dude, the coach the year before was Hue ****ing Jackson.

Hue "1-31" Jackson.

Yes, Kitchens was a bad coach. No, one coach cannot make a "talented" team just implode.

Sorry.
Kitchens did a fine job calling the plays for the offense designed by Todd Haley. The problem was once he was named head coach he scrapped what had been working and installed his own playbook based on his experience with Bruce Arians and it was a TERRIBLE match with Baker Mayfield.
[Reply]
Page 146 of 162
« First < 4696136142143144145146 147148149150156 > Last »
Up