ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1963 of 3903
« First < 963146318631913195319591960196119621963 196419651966196719732013206324632963 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:53 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
The fact I don't know what the fuck either of you are talking about is lost on me
And you're a fucking crybaby to boot.

Why am I not surprised that you're as fucking stupid and childish as I suspected?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:55 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
A lot of things we need can kill us I am looking at you Sun and you can overdose on water.
Not only overdose, but die from desalinization of your blood.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:56 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Advanced age is a contributing risk factor for obesity, diabetes, and hypertension, but lifestyle is still the primary cause of these conditions.

Otherwise wouldn’t every older person automatically get those conditions?

No, there are plenty of healthy older people who are not obese, not diabetic and do not have hypertension because they make good lifestyle decisions and take care of their health.
Lol is this the conclusion you have come to? That if some medical ailment isn't caused by one's lifestyle, then everyone is going to experience that ailment? So I don't smoke and I know an older person that never smoked, but they have lung cancer, so I and everyone else that hasn't smoked will now get lung cancer as we age? What about the non smokers that are elderly and don't have lung cancer? Is it just dormant or undiagnosed? What about dementia? Age is probably the number one risk factor for dementia, but I know plenty of old people that don't have it. What lifestyle choices have caused these people with dementia to get it?

People have underlying conditions all the time that are not caused by any type of lifestyle choice you fucking moron. Hopefully your lifestyle choices leads you in front of an oncoming train.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:57 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Not only overdose, but die from desalinization of your blood.
Fucking water.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:57 PM 05-08-2020
A lot of things we need can kill us I am looking at you Sun and you can overdose on water.

Tell me about I have had skin cancer from being dumb when i was younger and being in the sun alot.

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
It's not really about a healthy lifestyle or not with this guy--it's about justifying his selfishness by painting everyone who isn't a picture of health as deficient.

Seems like it. Everybody has or will get something especially when you get up in age. That is just life.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:00 PM 05-08-2020
Oh today might be a good day
[Reply]
Why Not? 02:01 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
What do you consider a healthy lifestyle? When you are get older you don't feel like doing a whole lot. Most people in assisted living facilities like the one my dad stayed in their entire exercise was going from the recliner or bed to the dining room table and back. Then go to sleep while watching TV.

I will say this, there is one older\elderly person that lead a healthy lifestyle and that was my mom. She was a small lady, maybe weighed 110 lbs and she walked 2-3 miles a day and ate great. But she ended up with Parkinson's and died at 73 so she wasn't entirely "healthy"
Yeah that’s kind of the rub. You never quite know. My paternal grampa lived until he was 94 and was mentally sharp as a tack until the end. He could move around fine(for a 94 year old)but he hadn’t done shit for exercise for decades, ate Kit Kat and Hershey’s bars all day, drank Vodka all day, and had a belly that made Santa jealous. But was fine until 94! WTF? That’s why I try to balance and be relatively healthy-ish without becoming one of those people that only eats Kale and spends 5 hours per day working out. It’s just not worth it to me.
[Reply]
kgrund 02:03 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Yeah that’s kind of the rub. You never quite know. My paternal grampa lived until he was 94 and was mentally sharp as a tack until the end. He could move around fine(for a 94 year old)but he hadn’t done shit for exercise for decades, ate Kit Kat and Hershey’s bars all day, drank Vodka all day, and had a belly that made Santa jealous. But was fine until 94! WTF? That’s why I try to balance and be relatively healthy-ish without becoming one of those people that only eats Kale and spends 5 hours per day working out. It’s just not worth it to me.
No doubt lifestyle plays a big factor, but genetics trumps it considerably.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:07 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
No doubt lifestyle plays a big factor, but genetics trumps it considerably.
Clearly... Have you seen Patrick Mahomes. He rolled Snake Eyes on his genetics....
[Reply]
eDave 02:11 PM 05-08-2020
I don't even know what this thread is anymore.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:14 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:

[Reply]
Monticore 02:28 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
My wife’s grandma was 102 and she never turned down dessert ,and always brought some home , used her walker to do groceries for the 70 year olds in her nursing home , survived 2 cancers , bleeding ulcer surgery at 97 , genetics/ luck. Her mom was over 100 as well

We have 103 year old who bought a new car 3 gears ago, was golfing till 100, genetics

I think stress is a big issue , these two old timers never seemed to worry about anything .
[Reply]
TLO 02:32 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
See post 29369
[Reply]
Donger 02:40 PM 05-08-2020
Local authorities in Germany on Friday said they would reimpose some lockdown measures after seeing a cluster of new coronavirus infections, just days after Chancellor Angela Merkel announced a gradual reopening of the country.

In Germany's most populous state of North Rhine-Westphalia, the regional government said there had been a spike in cases at a slaughterhouse in the district of Coesfeld, where over 150 of the 1,200 employees tested positive for the virus.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:44 PM 05-08-2020
My wife’s grandma was 102 and she never turned down dessert ,and always brought some home , used her walker to do groceries for the 70 year olds in her nursing home , survived 2 cancers , bleeding ulcer surgery at 97 , genetics/ luck. Her mom was over 100 as well

We have 103 year old who bought a new car 3 gears ago, was golfing till 100, genetics

I think stress is a big issue , these two old timers never seemed to worry about anything .
I was at my doctor’s office three years ago in the waiting room. I spoke with a lady that had driven from Stevenson’s Ranch, which is about a 30-45 minute drive to the doctor’s office in Burbank. She talked about the bad traffic that morning and some other small talk. She was wearing jeans and T-Shirt and I took her for anywhere from 68 to maybe 72ish.

When I go back to meet with the doc, he said “I saw you taking to Jenny. Guess how old she is?”, to which I replied “72”.

The doc looked at me and laughed then said “101”. I nearly fell of the table.

Genetics, man, genetics.
[Reply]
Page 1963 of 3903
« First < 963146318631913195319591960196119621963 196419651966196719732013206324632963 > Last »
Up