ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1916 of 3903
« First < 916141618161866190619121913191419151916 191719181919192019261966201624162916 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:15 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Ah, I am following most of the guidelines, dipstick. I don't have the virus. So I can't give it to anyone, because I don't have it to give, dipstick. Oh, and fuck you too.
Because all of the 1.2 million confirmed cases in this country happened among people who already knew they were sick...
[Reply]
eDave 07:17 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Texas Roadhouse in Liberty opened up today for dine-in, so I had to check it out if for no other reason than to show support. They had what looked like well over half the tables closed down, and everybody wearing masks. Also if you are waiting for a table you sit in your car and they page you. The bar had 2 stools on each side (so six total). All of the staff seemed very upbeat and excited to be back in business. Food was good, service was good. The overall social distancing was 100x what is experienced at a grocery store right now.

(DISCLAIMER: When I inevitably die of Coronavirus it wasn't because of this visit so fuck you for quoting this post if it happens.)
This doesn't sound very good at all. I'll dine at home vs. this.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:17 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
It serves no one to lie about it now.
The point has been clearly laid out from the beginning. It has been restated on here time and time again, regardless of how far you want to plunge your head in the sand. You lockdown to prevent overwhelming the system and after you have two weeks of declining caseloads you ease up, but keep mitigation and distancing strategies to ensure that R(e) is less than 1.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:19 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Because all of the 1.2 million confirmed cases in this country happened among people who already knew they were sick...
I've been tested and came up negative. I've got a clean bill of health. I mentioned that in my first post in this thread, IIRC.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:19 PM 05-06-2020
The point has been clearly laid out from the beginning. It has been restated on here time and time again, regardless of how far you want to plunge your head in the sand. You lockdown to prevent overwhelming the system and after you have two weeks of declining caseloads you ease up, but keep mitigation and distancing strategies to ensure that R(e) is less than 1.
The bolded part was added well after the lock down was implemented that was supposed to last 2 weeks.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:20 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I've been tested and came up negative. I've got a clean bill of health. I mentioned that in my first post in this thread, IIRC.
And all of those people who have since been infected were previously negative, too.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:21 PM 05-06-2020
And all of those people who have since been infected were previously negative, too.
Well, of course they were. Unless they were born with it.
[Reply]
loochy 07:21 PM 05-06-2020
That has never been point, ever.
You sure about that?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ad/5021564002/

Originally Posted by :

“Even if we can’t change the total number of people who are going to be infected, by keeping the total numbers low at any given time, that dramatically improves our ability to cope with the outbreak and in particular to provide care for the people who are going to be severely ill," Emily Gurley, an associate scientist in the Department of Epidemiology at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, told USA TODAY.

[Reply]
DaFace 07:22 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
The bolded part was added well after the lock down was implemented that was supposed to last 2 weeks.
(sigh)

I could post the Bill Gates interview from early March again to prove this isn't true, but everyone seems to ignore it for some reason.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:22 PM 05-06-2020
That was never, ever stated. It was you lock down to prevent overwhelming the system. There was no talk of decreased case load or it would have been you lock down until the case load goes down.

Those are two entirely separate things and separate goals. And they are not mutually exclusive.
[Reply]
wazu 07:23 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
This doesn't sound very good at all. I'll dine at home vs. this.
It would be better if they open up fully and lose the masks. However, it actually was a fun experience.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:23 PM 05-06-2020
I'm not going to belabor this, because I just don't have the passion to put up with people much anymore.

But I know that that the prevention of overwhelming the system was highly stressed, and the matter of the length of the lockdown was avoided, BECAUSE I ASKED. And I know why it's been evaded, it's speculative and even the speculation hasn't moved from an estimate of months, perhaps more than a year, . . . at least so far as meeting the metrics of 'safe resume' is concerned.

Just don't lie. We [the royal we] mentioned generalities about resumption but we predicated quarantine on avoiding medical services being overwhelmed. And the generalities about resumption are and have always been about avoiding 'when do we come out of a bunker' because we're scared to admit 'not for a good while.'
[Reply]
petegz28 07:24 PM 05-06-2020
Which is exactly why testing is a bit overrated unless you intend to lock everyone down retain their stasis until literally everyone has been tested.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:28 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Which is exactly why testing is a bit overrated unless you intend to lock everyone down retain their stasis until literally everyone has been tested.
Testing is one of the reasons why we are watching Korean baseball on espn instead of American .
[Reply]
Spott 07:32 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
It would be better if they open up fully and lose the masks. However, it actually was a fun experience.
So no peanuts, but did they at least do the rolls with butter?
[Reply]
Page 1916 of 3903
« First < 916141618161866190619121913191419151916 191719181919192019261966201624162916 > Last »
Up