ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 211 of 324
« First < 111161201207208209210211 212213214215221261311 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Lzen 02:36 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
Rams = Chargers. Seriously. They caught lightning in a bottle last season, and regressed to the mean.

You're not seriously touting the 5-10-1 Cardinals as serious competition?

9ers played the Bengals, Bucs, Browns, Panthers, Redskins, and the scrubby Cardinals...twice. And barely beat the mother fookin Redskins. I won't bring up the loss to the Falcons, because you know, they are hot diarrhea in a dixie cup.

Woof Woof. Go read the Mercury News some more to feel better about your chances. Because they are slim.
:-)

That should shut up the idiot.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:50 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
Did you see the interview prior to the AFCCG? Spags talked about watching HB keying on offenses and seemingly being out of position frequently, but a player as instinctive as HB MUST be trusted and afforded that freedom.

It requires some serious testicular fortitude to extend that trust to a player, but it has paid off in spades.
He also found a way to give other DB's new roles so HB can be flexible. Shadowing RBs with Sorenson was brilliant. Using Fuller in safety snaps was a great move for us. HB can freelance because other DB's are doing their job.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:09 PM 01-23-2020
Jones needs to watch out lol

In addition to working with the #Chiefs training staff, Chris Jones credits Steve Spagnuolo's wife's meatballs she made him ahead of the #Titans game. Said he "felt amazing" after that. Also said that Spags told him to "relax" because that's his wife 😂☠️

— Aly Trost (@AlyTrost) January 23, 2020

[Reply]
WC_offense 03:36 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
Rams = Chargers. Seriously. They caught lightning in a bottle last season, and regressed to the mean.

You're not seriously touting the 5-10-1 Cardinals as serious competition?

9ers played the Bengals, Bucs, Browns, Panthers, Redskins, and the scrubby Cardinals...twice. And barely beat the mother fookin Redskins. I won't bring up the loss to the Falcons, because you know, they are hot diarrhea in a dixie cup.

Woof Woof. Go read the Mercury News some more to feel better about your chances. Because they are slim.
And that’s why Niners went 6-2 vs teams above 0.500 and KC went 3-3 vs teams above 0.500. Man you guys are classless with the attacks/mockery. “Woof woof go read the newspaper ”

Then again you guys haven’t been to a SB in 50 years so this kind of behaviors is expected, right mods?
[Reply]
A8bil 04:21 PM 01-23-2020
Who is favored in these match ups, if any?

Bieniemy vs. Saleh
Shanahan vs. Spagnuolo
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:29 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by A8bil:
Who is favored in these match ups, if any?

Bieniemy vs. Saleh
Shanahan vs. Spagnuolo
Andy will be calling the game, not EB. Andy over Saleh all day.

Shanahan vs. Spags is tougher. If we'd played earlier this year I'd probably lean towards Spags, 60% vs. 40%. But that didn't happen, so Spags will have to make his adjustments on the fly. I think it's a coin flip. I believe Spags will make the right adjustments by halftime. But it might take longer.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:39 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Andy will be calling the game, not EB. Andy over Saleh all day.

Shanahan vs. Spags is tougher. If we'd played earlier this year I'd probably lean towards Spags, 60% vs. 40%. But that didn't happen, so Spags will have to make his adjustments on the fly. I think it's a coin flip. I believe Spags will make the right adjustments by halftime. But it might take longer.
I'd take Kyle at gametime, and Spags at the half.

If Kyle is able to set the tone in the game and has a two score lead at halftime, we're in trouble. If we have any kind of a lead (even if it's four points) with the kickoff coming to us in the 3rd, look out.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:56 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I'd take Kyle at gametime, and Spags at the half.

If Kyle is able to set the tone in the game and has a two score lead at halftime, we're in trouble. If we have any kind of a lead (even if it's four points) with the kickoff coming to us in the 3rd, look out.
Pretty much my thinking. Spags seems to start the game kind of vanilla, and then makes his adjustments during the game. It's one of the things I really respect about him. he doesn't wait until the half to change things up. He's changing things up in real time.

But it's no secret that our LBs aren't the best group in the NFL. Spags is going to have to roll the dice a few times. We may get caught with our pants down once or twice in this game. But I really expect that by the half, Spags will have enough to stop the Niners offense a couple times. If we have the lead in the second half and Andy puts them down by two TDs, Spags can easily handle a one-dimensional Niners team led by Jimmy G.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:32 AM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Great hire!

https://youtu.be/ctcVhjG9fVc

Great post!
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:20 AM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Pretty much my thinking. Spags seems to start the game kind of vanilla, and then makes his adjustments during the game. It's one of the things I really respect about him. he doesn't wait until the half to change things up. He's changing things up in real time.

But it's no secret that our LBs aren't the best group in the NFL. Spags is going to have to roll the dice a few times. We may get caught with our pants down once or twice in this game. But I really expect that by the half, Spags will have enough to stop the Niners offense a couple times. If we have the lead in the second half and Andy puts them down by two TDs, Spags can easily handle a one-dimensional Niners team led by Jimmy G.
Goddamn I was practically prophetic on this one.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:21 AM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Just bookmark this thread because I will eat crow if I’m wrong. But we will be around the same next year with less sacks is my call
No one is going to trade for ford, it’s not happening
I hate it, I think our defense will give up just about the same number next year but with half as many sacks.
Kill me all y’all want but a hire of someone who was the DC over the worst NFL defense in history, context be damned, the WORST DEFENSE IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL

Let that sink in, couple that with a fundamental scheme change to 4-3....

I’m not excited, I pray I’m wrong. But nothing in Spags history points to anything but next year being the same without pass rush. We have to hit on all our draft picks and FA just to have a chance to be middle of pack.

These are gold :-)
[Reply]
stumppy 08:51 AM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
These are gold :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:56 AM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Actually I disagree entirely.

There's no place to go but up.

Instituting the 4-3 might turn Hitchens into a dramatically more effective player, and Chris Jones is going to WRECK SHIT at 3-tech.
Time for a victory lap...of which there will be many in this thread.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:46 AM 02-14-2020
Like I said, this game proved Spags knows what he's doing.

Fuck yeah.
[Reply]
burt 09:50 AM 02-14-2020
Time for a victory lap...of which there will be many in this thread.
You were dead solid on point ALL this season!
[Reply]
Page 211 of 324
« First < 111161201207208209210211 212213214215221261311 > Last »
Up