ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 207
« First < 232930313233 343536374383133 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
KCTitus 10:39 PM 09-10-2016
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
The first time I tried it I was smoking a cigar at the time. I thought it was delicious. Then the cigar finished and I took another drink and about spit it out.

No idea how that stuff is as popular as it is.
Yeah...I would not recommend that with a cigar. Someone recommended it to me years ago and I got a bottle. After it was finished I wished I would have just bought 3 bottles of Buffalo Trace.

I cannot get BT around here anymore, it sells too quick. Forget trying to find a bottle of Pappy...sigh
[Reply]
Bewbies 10:46 PM 09-10-2016
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
Yeah...I would not recommend that with a cigar. Someone recommended it to me years ago and I got a bottle. After it was finished I wished I would have just bought 3 bottles of Buffalo Trace.

I cannot get BT around here anymore, it sells too quick. Forget trying to find a bottle of Pappy...sigh
I live in Atlanta, we've got bourbon coming out of our ears. It's funny to read on here about difficulty buying Makers or BT, I can literally go buy a pallet off the stuff at any liquor store in town. I'd be willing to say I can buy this 100% of the time at any store that sells liquor here.

Now Pappy is impossible to find, but otherwise bourbon is easy.
[Reply]
phisherman 08:44 AM 09-11-2016
I live in Atlanta, we've got bourbon coming out of our ears. It's funny to read on here about difficulty buying Makers or BT, I can literally go buy a pallet off the stuff at any liquor store in town. I'd be willing to say I can buy this 100% of the time at any store that sells liquor here.

This, 100%.

I don't see how it is possible that you can't find regular Buffalo Trace and lots of it. We are swimming in it here in KC.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:48 AM 09-11-2016
Got the Evan Williams black label 12 bucks for a 750 it's not bad at all. After what happened last night in Westport I'll be drinking at home from now on.
[Reply]
R Clark 08:50 AM 09-11-2016
Get your ass kicked last night?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:51 AM 09-11-2016
Nope 6 people got shot
[Reply]
penguinz 08:53 AM 09-11-2016
Interesting...when did this change? You have a link, I'm sure.

edit:

I went to angelsenvy.com and they still call it "Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey finished in Port Wine Barrels"...
Bourbon must be aged in brand new barrels which are made of white oak and have been charred on the inside. Brands determine the varying levels of char for their barrels from 1 to 4.

Nothing can be added at bottling except water. Nothing is added that might enhance flavor, add sweetness or alter color.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:45 PM 09-22-2016
They had another 30% off sale at Fry's grocery.

Got the Bulleit rye for $17.50, Bulleit 10 year for $25.09, small batch Knob Creek for $24.49 and Russell Reserve for $24.49.

Another WINNING day.

[Reply]
Indian Chief 09:05 PM 09-22-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
They had another 30% off sale at Fry's grocery.

Got the Bulleit rye for $17.50, Bulleit 10 year for $25.09, small batch Knob Creek for $24.49 and Russell Reserve for $24.49.

Another WINNING day.

That's a sweet haul brother, and at $25 that Bulleit 10 is a no brainer. (Incidentally, it is usually $40+ around here while the regular Bulleit is $23ish.) And while I do love the 10, I don't find it to be so radically different from the standard Bulleit bourbon to make me spend the extra $15-20. Probably because the regular stuff is already 7-8 years old.
[Reply]
Pants 10:52 PM 09-22-2016
If someone has already posted this one, my apologies.

This $16 dollar bottle is probably the best $16 you can spend. Period.

Ever.

This bourbon is so delicious, I have no idea how it's even legal. If it's available where you live, please give Old Bardstown a shot. You will not be disappointed.

If you're in the KC area, it's only available in Missouri. I drive 35 minutes each way to Lucas Liquor in Martin City to stock up when they have it. Well worth it.

[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:53 PM 09-22-2016
Originally Posted by Pants:
If someone has already posted this one, my apologies.

This $16 dollar bottle is probably the best $16 you can spend. Period.

Ever.

This bourbon is so delicious, I have no idea how it's even legal. If it's available where you live, please give Old Bardstown a shot. You will not be disappointed.

If you're in the KC area, it's only available in Missouri. I drive 35 minutes each way to Lucas Liquor in Martin City to stock up when they have it. Well worth it.

I'll check it out thanks.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:00 PM 09-23-2016
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
That's a sweet haul brother, and at $25 that Bulleit 10 is a no brainer. (Incidentally, it is usually $40+ around here while the regular Bulleit is $23ish.) And while I do love the 10, I don't find it to be so radically different from the standard Bulleit bourbon to make me spend the extra $15-20. Probably because the regular stuff is already 7-8 years old.
Do you guys have Fry's grocery in the Midwest?

They run this sale multiple times per year so I usually wait to get a ton of bottles then. I haven't tried the Bulleit Rye whiskey or the 10, so it will be interesting to see the difference. And I agree, the regular Bulleit bourbon is top notch for it's price point and if the 10 hadn't been on sale, I'd have gotten it instead.
[Reply]
KCTitus 08:34 PM 09-23-2016

If I ever get a reason to get to ATL, I'll be sure to make a stop. Here in Virginia, we cannot get Buffalo Trace...Pappy is literally like it never existed. I remember getting some Pappy back a few years ago before Buffalo Trace's distillery went off the chain.

Be thankful, fellow bourbon drinkers, if you can get Buffalo Trace freely...we have a broke dick system of state controlled liquor here in Virginia and if a local ABC store gets a case, typically, the lucky finder buys every bottle they have. ****ers...
[Reply]
KCTitus 08:36 PM 09-23-2016
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Bourbon must be aged in brand new barrels which are made of white oak and have been charred on the inside. Brands determine the varying levels of char for their barrels from 1 to 4.

Nothing can be added at bottling except water. Nothing is added that might enhance flavor, add sweetness or alter color.
IDGAF...you can argue with the distillers of Angels Envy as to whether or not it's 'bourbon'...they call it bourbon, so I call it bourbon.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:02 PM 09-23-2016
If I ever get a reason to get to ATL, I'll be sure to make a stop. Here in Virginia, we cannot get Buffalo Trace...Pappy is literally like it never existed. I remember getting some Pappy back a few years ago before Buffalo Trace's distillery went off the chain.

Be thankful, fellow bourbon drinkers, if you can get Buffalo Trace freely...we have a broke dick system of state controlled liquor here in Virginia and if a local ABC store gets a case, typically, the lucky finder buys every bottle they have. ****ers...
So weird. Buffalo Trace is literally in every grocery store here, any time you want it.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 207
« First < 232930313233 343536374383133 > Last »
Up