ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2329 of 3903
« First < 1329182922292279231923252326232723282329 233023312332233323392379242928293329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
R Clark 08:47 AM 06-15-2020
County I live in now has 11 cases was at 5-6 through the shutdown. Very rural area population wise.i believe a couple of new cases is from hospital employees.
[Reply]
kgrund 08:48 AM 06-15-2020
The tracking of this pandemic has underscored the importance of audited reporting numbers. In the absence of audited numbers with consistent established criteria that is defined to the reader of the data, these are just numbers. It has been well documented in many States the instances of overcounting or undercounting of key metrics due to poor segregation of data, poor reporting decisions, etc. that has made a lot of this information the Wild West. Of course the information that the media chooses to fixate on without proper context to the data that they are reporting on only adds to mess.
[Reply]
Donger 09:06 AM 06-15-2020
I'm so glad this is over.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:16 AM 06-15-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
It's really startling how many people actually believe this.
[Reply]
Donger 09:19 AM 06-15-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They want to believe it, so it is. They'll either ignore the data or challenge its veracity.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:19 AM 06-15-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
The tracking of this pandemic has underscored the importance of audited reporting numbers. In the absence of audited numbers with consistent established criteria that is defined to the reader of the data, these are just numbers. It has been well documented in many States the instances of overcounting or undercounting of key metrics due to poor segregation of data, poor reporting decisions, etc. that has made a lot of this information the Wild West. Of course the information that the media chooses to fixate on without proper context to the data that they are reporting on only adds to mess.
I don't know why this is so difficult. A simple lab test can confirm whether or not someone has COVID present on admission. I believe all post mortem deaths for the hospital and at home should all be tested. There should be no assuming when it comes to confirmation.
[Reply]
sedated 09:31 AM 06-15-2020
I know a couple of friends that are starting to have divides in their family because of this. One side thinks its over so plans trips or dinners or something together as a family, the other side doesn't want to go because we are still in the middle of a pandemic, so it starts a fight between the sides. Especially with father's day coming up. A good friend of mine was told she is using COVID as an excuse to avoid her family, and should see a therapist because she's obviously depressed.

I'm sure it doesn't need to be mentioned that these are families with political divides as well.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:32 AM 06-15-2020
People have accepted it and decided to live with it until a vaccine or treatment is found. It's mostly killing off elderly people that probably are at the end of their days anyways. If it was killing off young adults and kids you would see a different reaction.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:34 AM 06-15-2020

It’s almost like people only believe and/or pay attention to what the media and their twitter tells them matters.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:34 AM 06-15-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
I know a couple of friends that are starting to have divides in their family because of this. One side thinks its over so plans trips or dinners or something together as a family, the other side doesn't want to go because we are still in the middle of a pandemic, so it starts a fight between the sides. Especially with father's day coming up. A good friend of mine was told she is using COVID as an excuse to avoid her family, and should see a therapist because she's obviously depressed.

I'm sure it doesn't need to be mentioned that these are families with political divides as well.
My daughter is flipped out about going back to school....it's pretty screwed up these are the decisions we are left with. You can either do it anyway and risk serious sickness or killing someone else...or you can be a social pariah that people make fun of. WTF
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:40 AM 06-15-2020
My daughter is flipped out about going back to school....it's pretty screwed up these are the decisions we are left with. You can either do it anyway and risk serious sickness or killing someone else...or you can be a social pariah that people make fun of. WTF
Have you educated her on the facts about the virus and school aged children?
[Reply]
Mecca 09:42 AM 06-15-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Yea, she has a shoddy immune system hence why she's flipped out. As numbers rise and the school wants them back in person her anxiety level isn't great, and she's not a small child she's 16.
[Reply]
Donger 09:44 AM 06-15-2020
Good times:

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...ostcount=30586

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...ostcount=31592
[Reply]
sedated 09:48 AM 06-15-2020
That, even with minimal risk, they can pass it on to loved ones who are at a greater risk?

Also, it doesn't save all its serious harm for just retirees. Here's a healthy woman in her 20s who had to have a double lung transplant because of COVID damage: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...N9O1oLIuO6ZOZw

That rhetoric can be as dangerous as "anyone who dies shouldn't have gotten so fat"
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:48 AM 06-15-2020
Good times:

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...ostcount=30586

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...ostcount=31592
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ses-in-us.html

And I nailed it and that includes more testing.
I appreciate you bringing that up.

Now that you have egg on your face let the games of moving the goal post and asking a million questions begin.
[Reply]
Page 2329 of 3903
« First < 1329182922292279231923252326232723282329 233023312332233323392379242928293329 > Last »
Up