ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 169 of 324
« First < 69119159165166167168169 170171172173179219269 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
SAUTO 06:35 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Sigh. If this was his 'first good year' (which I disagree with) then he has not had a chance to prove he can be consistently good. If he goes to Indianapolis, for instance, and gets 18 sacks in their new 4-3 everyone here is going to kick themselves for letting him get away.
What was his first good year then?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:36 PM 02-19-2019
GUYS

SAY IT WITH ME-TREY FLOWERS PLUS A #2 PICK FOR THE SAME MONEY.
CUT HOUSTON, SIGN A SAM AND A S WITH THE MONEY.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:37 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Sigh. If this was his 'first good year' (which I disagree with) then he has not had a chance to prove he can be consistently good. If he goes to Indianapolis, for instance, and gets 18 sacks in their new 4-3 everyone here is going to kick themselves for letting him get away.
He played 4 seasons before this one. And 5 more in college. He was hurt in all but one of them. I don't know what more can be said. The only consistent thing in his entire career is his ability to get hurt.

And sure, if he goes to Indy and gets 18 sacks, people will be mad.

Likewise, they're going to be mad if they pass up a 2nd round pick, keep him, and his $15M cap hit is hurt half the season.

One of those is much more likely based on his past history. I know you don't want to accept that but it's a fact.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:38 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
GUYS

I tried but this alcohol really fucked it up
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:39 PM 02-19-2019
GUYS

So if we trade Ford then don't land Flowers what do you do?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:44 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
So if we trade Ford then don't land Flowers what do you do?
You would have already signed Flowers; you can cut Houston right now, this minute, at 6:40pm on February the 19th and call up Flower's agent.

Then you shop Ford. Somebody'll bite on at least a #2.

Then you can call up any which one of the safeties not named Landon Collins (only because tag)that you like and KJ Wright and sign them with the money you would've had to pay Ford plus the $5m or so left over that you would've had to pay Houston.

and you have a 25 year old plus football player at a premium position locked in at a reasonable rate for a few years.

And come draft time, you have SO much more flexibility. You need a corner, but other than that, you can just generally draft defense.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:45 PM 02-19-2019
Or you could just trade Ford for Collins and call it a day
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:47 PM 02-19-2019
Here's the thing...

If Ford goes to another team and has another good year, that doesn't affect the Chiefs at all. You can try to turn into opportunity lost but it really isn't. The Chiefs aren't going to miss out on a Super Bowl because they lost Dee Ford.

Dee Ford getting hurt while on the franchise tag absolutely has a big and very detrimental effect on the Chiefs. It very well could be the difference between a Super Bowl and none because keeping Dee Ford prevents you from acquiring other players.

If you let Dee Ford go, there are dozens of scenarios where the team gets along just fine without him.

If you keep him, there is really only one acceptable scenario - he repeats his 2018 performance. Anything less is a failure.

Look at it from an insurance, or betting, perspective. One is a MUCH better bet than the other, in terms of potential outcomes. It's not always about potential gains, sometimes it's about minimizing losses.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:47 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
That would be cool; but I doubt the Giants would go for it.

I'm betting they see him as their defensive centerpiece.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:48 PM 02-19-2019
That would be cool; but I doubt the Giants would go for it.

I'm betting they see him as their defensive centerpiece.
They were shopping him last year.

At least that's what my guy said. And he usually knows
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:48 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Why? Why on Earth would you do that? There isn't shit out there for edge rushing talent, and there's quite a few good to great safeties in a buyers market.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:48 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Here's the thing...

If Ford goes to another team and has another good year, that doesn't affect the Chiefs at all. You can try to turn into opportunity lost but it really isn't. The Chiefs aren't going to miss out on a Super Bowl because they lost Dee Ford.

Dee Ford getting hurt while on the franchise tag absolutely has a big and very detrimental effect on the Chiefs. It very well could be the difference between a Super Bowl and none because keeping Dee Ford prevents you from acquiring other players.

If you let Dee Ford go, there are dozens of scenarios where the team gets along just fine without him.

If you keep him, there is really only one acceptable scenario - he repeats his 2018 performance. Anything less is a failure.

Look at it from an insurance, or betting, perspective. One is a MUCH better bet than the other, in terms of potential outcomes. It's not always about potential gains, sometimes it's about minimizing losses.
Agreed. So punt
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:50 PM 02-19-2019
Why? Why on Earth would you do that? There isn't shit out there for edge rushing talent, and there's quite a few good to great safeties in a buyers market.
What's your plan?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:50 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Here's the thing...

I think there’s a strong argument to be made that this team’s Super Bowl chances are much better with Ford than without. Cap number be damned.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:52 PM 02-19-2019
there's a bunch of edge rushing talent. I don't know what you're talking about.

There are some good safeties; there's even a couple of great ones.

But I would say I honestly think, as of this day in time, Landon Collins is the best Safety in football. I say that in February, as Earl Thomas is about to turn 30 with a cast on his broken leg and Eric Berry hasn't played a meaningful snap in two years.

There are few guys that are difference makers; Collins is #1 on the healthy list of guys at safety that are. And he's 25.

This team would be in GREAT shape with the defense going forward with Trey Flowers at RDE and Landon Collins at S. he can play SS, he can play single high, he's a playmaker and gives you a ton of flexibility.

I mean, you want a top ten defense? That's a HELL OF A START.
[Reply]
Page 169 of 324
« First < 69119159165166167168169 170171172173179219269 > Last »
Up