ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2201 of 3903
« First < 1201170121012151219121972198219922002201 220222032204220522112251230127013201 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 07:57 AM 05-24-2020
So went to dinner last night and here is what I experienced: Various people had on masks including all of the workers. Most of the workers were touching their masks at some point. The customers who had them on wore them in, took them off when they were seated and I noticed a couple of people put them on when they went to the bathroom then again take them back off when they got back to their table.

So probably decent from protecting others from them hacking all over the place but they definitely are not doing themselves any favors at all with all the touching of their masks.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:05 AM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I read somewhere the average children per household for educated couple was1.5 and for non educated it was 3.5 so things are only going to get worse.
Idiocracy in action.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:09 AM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I agree it was stupid for the person to show up if they were symptomatic. Now, define symptomatic because in this case we don't know what it is, right? Was it symptoms easily confused with allergies during a bad allergy season? Was she running a fever? Coughing?
We will never know At this stage in the game, stay the **** home and listen I realize this person probably needs to make money but cmon.

When I go back into the office I am going to be the symptom Nazi. I had a co-worker in the office across from me that her and her husband went on a cruise in late Jan-early February. She came back and coughed non stop for 2 weeks. That shit ain't happening anymore.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:14 AM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
We will never know At this stage in the game, stay the **** home and listen I realize this person probably needs to make money but cmon.

When I go back into the office I am going to be the symptom Nazi. I had a co-worker in the office across from me that her and her husband went on a cruise in late Jan-early February. She came back and coughed non stop for 2 weeks. That shit ain't happening anymore.
Dude sorry it just isn't that simple. People have to eat and pay bills. "Just stay home" just isn't that easy. Now if this person was running a fever and stuff yeah, stay home. But if she had mild symptoms easily confused with allergies and no fever what the fuck do you expect?

I'll tell you now you be the Nazi. You'll be good at it, I am sure. But in our very own health system if you don't have a fever you get in the door. It's up to you to decide if you have other symptoms.

So as I said "fever" is the key here and always has been. If this person wasn't running a fever we need to know that and what her "symptoms" really were.
[Reply]
Donger 08:21 AM 05-24-2020

One of the things that I've had confirmed in all this is that some people are incredibly selfish and don't handle stress well.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:21 AM 05-24-2020
Good luck with that. You will have to be extremely careful or someone will file a complaint against you for harassment.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:23 AM 05-24-2020
Dude sorry it just isn't that simple. People have to eat and pay bills.
Life HAS to move forward.

....and will.

If you're hiding in your house, you are already dead.
[Reply]
ghak99 08:47 AM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Has the state removed the limits on people in gatherings and distancing?
I don't think that they have. If they have not then the management of this place and others that are allowing this type of "behavior" should be held accountable for allowing this to continue.
FWIW...

Apparently, there was signage encouraging the 6' rule. I talked to someone who was there the day before that claims the 6' sign in the other pictures you see being floated around is not photoshopped. They also said you wouldn't believe how many of the license plates were from Illinois. He's a typical lake douche, so he very well could be filling me full of shit and the pictures are totally fake, but he said the place was definitely full.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:09 AM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by ghak99:
FWIW...

Apparently, there was signage encouraging the 6' rule. I talked to someone who was there the day before that claims the 6' sign in the other pictures you see being floated around is not photoshopped. They also said you wouldn't believe how many of the license plates were from Illinois. He's a typical lake douche, so he very well could be filling me full of shit and the pictures are totally fake, but he said the place was definitely full.
Hamas and Mecca both have polls that say that place was not full and people are scared to go out!
[Reply]
alnorth 09:10 AM 05-24-2020
We are not going to stay home and stay publicly apart for more than a year while waiting for a vaccine (even early 2021 is thought to be optimistic). We could have aggressively locked down and quarantined anyone with symptoms in February, like other nations successfully did. Once we failed to do that, by March it was too late.

When the NFL and college football starts up, the people are going to collectively go "ok damn it, enough of this, let us assume the risk", and not want to listen to arguments about how they would therefore be infecting people at home or the store who didn't want to take the risk.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:14 AM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by alnorth:
We are not going to stay home and stay publicly apart for more than a year while waiting for a vaccine (even early 2021 is thought to be optimistic). We could have aggressively locked down and quarantined anyone with symptoms in February, like other nations successfully did. Once we failed to do that, by March it was too late.

When the NFL and college football starts up, the people are going to collectively go "ok damn it, enough of this, let us assume the risk", and not want to listen to arguments about how they would therefore be infecting people at home or the store who didn't want to take the risk.

You nailed this part at least. People can cry and complain but you spoke the truth is your 2nd paragraph.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:20 AM 05-24-2020
Dude sorry it just isn't that simple. People have to eat and pay bills. "Just stay home" just isn't that easy. Now if this person was running a fever and stuff yeah, stay home. But if she had mild symptoms easily confused with allergies and no fever what the **** do you expect?

I'll tell you now you be the Nazi. You'll be good at it, I am sure. But in our very own health system if you don't have a fever you get in the door. It's up to you to decide if you have other symptoms.

So as I said "fever" is the key here and always has been. If this person wasn't running a fever we need to know that and what her "symptoms" really were.
Right now at work they send anybody home with any symptoms or even without if they have travelled out if province , I understand my work might be different .
[Reply]
stevieray 09:24 AM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by alnorth:
let us assume the risk,
We do that every single day, as it is.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:25 AM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Right now at work they send anybody home with any symptoms or even without if they have travelled out if province , I understand my work might be different .
Define symptoms? And I think if people heard you constantly coughing or whatever you would get sent home. But the requirement to walk through the door is no fever.
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 09:27 AM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Not surprised that the kind of people that frequent the lake would also be the kind of people that don’t give a shit about public health.

Shithole lake and shittier people that visit it. White Trash Mecca.
Not quite as bad as the type of people who stereotype a group of people by the area they live in. I fish the area at least a dozen times per year and the people there are GREAT. Unlike yourself, they're very personable and don't spend their life on a pedestal looking down on others.
[Reply]
Page 2201 of 3903
« First < 1201170121012151219121972198219922002201 220222032204220522112251230127013201 > Last »
Up