ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Sean Smith loses starting CB job
The Franchise 12:27 PM 08-17-2017
NFL Network's Steve Wyche reports Raiders CB Sean Smith has lost his job to T.J. Carrie.

This started to happen at the beginning of camp, and now it looks official. Signed to a four-year, $40-million contract last March, Smith rebounded somewhat after being burnt to a crisp and benched his first game with the Raiders, but things have apparently not improved this offseason. He is still seeing snaps in nickel packages, but that may change once first-rounder Gareon Conley (leg) returns to health.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:51 PM 08-17-2017
Sign him for the low low
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 07:55 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
I am a decent Raiders chap that just wants to talk football with knowledgeable fans. Which doesn't happen in Steelers country.
Welcome if true.
[Reply]
Coach 07:57 PM 08-17-2017
Can't say I am surprised that something like this would happen. He did get a DUI here in KC that one time and was suspended, I believe for 4 games. I want to say that it was reduced to 2, but I'm going off by memory.
[Reply]
Hydrae 08:04 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by Coach:
Can't say I am surprised that something like this would happen. He did get a DUI here in KC that one time and was suspended, I believe for 4 games. I want to say that it was reduced to 2, but I'm going off by memory.
He hit a pole I believe. And I don't think it was reduced because there was no appeal filed.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:07 PM 08-17-2017
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...end/578706001/

Arrested on felony assault
[Reply]
Coach 08:10 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
He hit a pole I believe. And I don't think it was reduced because there was no appeal filed.
3 games. I thought initially it was 4, but was reduced. After looking it up, you appear to be correct, as there isn't an appeal filed, and it was 3 games.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ed-3-games-dui
[Reply]
jspchief 08:13 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
I am a decent Raiders chap that just wants to talk football with knowledgeable fans. Which doesn't happen in Steelers country.
Doesn't happen very often on chiefsplanet either.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 08:32 PM 08-17-2017
Boy did Dorse make the right decision here.
[Reply]
scho63 08:42 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...end/578706001/

Arrested on felony assault
His bad day just keeps getting worse! :-)

Raiders CB Sean Smith charged with beating sister's boyfriend
6:26 PM MT
Associated Press
LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles prosecutors say Oakland Raiders cornerback Sean Smith has been charged with beating his sister's boyfriend last month.

The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office said Thursday that Smith faces assault and battery charges.

Prosecutors say the 30-year-old Smith beat the victim and then stomped on the man's head in Pasadena, California, on July 4.

Smith previously played for the Miami Dolphins and the Kansas City Chiefs. Smith pleaded guilty in 2015 to a driving under the influence charge in Kansas City and was sentenced to two years of probation.

He's scheduled to be arraigned in Pasadena in September. If convicted, Smith faces up to seven years in prison.

Defense attorney Daniel Rosenberg told ESPN's Josina Anderson that Smith "maintains his innocence" and that he will plead not guilty. "The plan is to fight the charge all the way through," Rosenberg said.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:56 PM 08-17-2017
He had to get that felony to fit in. All the other Raiders players were calling him choir boy.
[Reply]
Gonzo 09:03 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
He had to get that felony to fit in. All the other Raiders players were calling him choir boy.
I'm wondering if he was pissed off about his sister sleeping with another guy. Incest seems to be a pre-requisite for the Raiders as well you know.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:18 PM 08-17-2017
I hope his is not guilty. I dont want the Raiders to be able to void his guaranteed money...if there is a clause in his contract.

If they cut him...their CB depth is going to be terrible.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:23 PM 08-17-2017
He will get cut and suspended.
[Reply]
NWTF 09:28 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I hope his is not guilty. I dont want the Raiders to be able to void his guaranteed money...if there is a clause in his contract.

If they cut him...their CB depth is going to be terrible.
Their secondary sucks, but I think they were planning on moving on from him after last year. I think he was going to be cut anyway, but now if these charges stick they have an easy out fall into their laps.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 09:36 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by Scooter Libby:
Sign him for the low low
Good god NO
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up