ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 53
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2017 NHL Playoffs Thread With Contest*****
CaliforniaChief 07:44 AM 04-10-2017
I thought it would be cool to have a thread for the best postseason in sports, the NHL Playoffs.

Even though my Kings are out, I love watching the playoffs and wish the best to all of you with your teams.

Here's the link for the bracket predictor. https://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/leagues/chiefsplanet

The password is Lonewolf and I hope we can get some of you in there with a bracket. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 04:30 PM 04-24-2017
Originally Posted by Shag:
Yeah, and FML for it. I get to root for the Chiefs of the NFL and the Chiefs of the NHL. Joy.

What big stars have they really bought? I'd say they more go after middle+ tier FAs, though they did sell the farm for Hanzal at the deadline (which I didn't agree with). They have awesome young talent, but lack a true bonafide scorer.
Paid big for Parise and Suter when they were the top players in free agency a couple years back as well. It's not like they aren't trying which is a good thing though. Running into hot goaltending just sucks.
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 04:34 PM 04-24-2017
Well my bracket is demolished. I need to Oilers to get through this round if I even have a remote chance.
[Reply]
Trent Green GOAT 10:53 PM 04-24-2017
Caps and penguins is going to be good.
[Reply]
Shag 11:39 PM 04-24-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefs4TheWin:
Paid big for Parise and Suter when they were the top players in free agency a couple years back as well. It's not like they aren't trying which is a good thing though. Running into hot goaltending just sucks.
Yeah, that was 5 years ago. Since, it's been Pominville, Vanek, Staal, Hanzal. Don't really see that as trying to buy success, as much as trying to find that goal scorer. Hanzal was definitely an all-in move for this season, which worked out so well.

I like that Fletcher is continually trying to improve the roster, and I love the young talent on the team. Just wish they could get over the hump, and make some real noise in the playoffs for once.
[Reply]
Pushead2 06:31 AM 04-26-2017
Thank god those two days have passed.

Let's see if the Caps can get over the Pens hump this year. I don't think so, but with the Pens' defensive injuries and them giving up 40 shots, it's probably their best chance.

With regards to my Ducks, they need to just play their game and not get involved with the 'Kesler v McDavid' match-up. Just go out there and play. The Oilers are going to try and throw their weight like the Flames did, they need to ignore it and hit when needed.

My second round predictions:
Pens, NYR, ANA, Blues

Honestly - I'm torn on all four. They can go either way. Let the second round begin!!!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:38 AM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by Pushead2:
Thank god those two days have passed.

Let's see if the Caps can get over the Pens hump this year. I don't think so, but with the Pens' defensive injuries and them giving up 40 shots, it's probably their best chance.

With regards to my Ducks, they need to just play their game and not get involved with the 'Kesler v McDavid' match-up. Just go out there and play. The Oilers are going to try and throw their weight like the Flames did, they need to ignore it and hit when needed.

My second round predictions:
Pens, NYR, ANA, Blues

Honestly - I'm torn on all four. They can go either way. Let the second round begin!!!
This.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:57 AM 04-26-2017
Hope the Caps pack Pitts shit in
[Reply]
Otter 08:41 PM 04-26-2017
Looks like the Blues have turned the momentum to their side. If they can keep up this play they'll be opening with a W.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:51 PM 04-26-2017
Shit!
[Reply]
kcpasco 08:52 PM 04-26-2017
I hope this is just 1 bad game from Jake.
[Reply]
kcpasco 08:54 PM 04-26-2017
Blues had all the momentum and the goalie lets in a softie. That was bad D from Petro also.
[Reply]
kcpasco 09:01 PM 04-26-2017
I'll give Jake 1 pass but that was ugly.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:02 PM 04-26-2017
What a garbage ass last 5 mins....fucking softest GW goal you'll ever see, can't win a draw in NSH's end to save their lives, and cycle off 15-20 secs. with under a minute to go just for one pedestrian shot.

Ugh.
[Reply]
Otter 09:08 PM 04-26-2017
Well shit, I thought the Blues had that one.

Gotta say, that might have been the tightest game I've ever seen as far as man on man defense.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:22 PM 04-26-2017
If you missed either game tonight...

Road team goes up 3-1, home team scores twice in the 3rd, road team scores soft GWG with about 5 minutes left.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 53
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up