ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 17
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Looks like Speaks put in work this offseason...
NIUhuskies 04:10 PM 05-21-2019
but not at the gym...jesus christ does he look fat and out of shape. i'm sure the coaches were thrilled

I wanted to believe...I truly did... pic.twitter.com/wB32u1cYSB

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) May 21, 2019

vs last yr

#Chiefs’ rookie Breeland Speaks made his presence felt against the Jaguars, totaling seven pressures (2 QB Hits and 5 QB Hurries) on a career-high 56 defensive snaps. He played a combined 60 defensive snaps in weeks 1-4, per @PFF. pic.twitter.com/0sacM3II3B

— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) October 9, 2018

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:38 PM 05-23-2019
Nate Taylor says that they had Speaks playing inside and out at practice today. Not too surprising.

I would say we will see some packages with a Clark-Jones-Speaks-Okafor front four.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:28 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Speaks is Turk McBride.
Turd McBride
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:40 AM 05-24-2019
I wonder what the collective physique of the posters in this thread is, who are acting like he looks like jabba the hut.

He could be gaining size for the new scheme or he could just not be in training camp shape, but so what?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:09 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
I wonder what the collective physique of the posters in this thread is, who are acting like he looks like jabba the hut.

He could be gaining size for the new scheme or he could just not be in training camp shape, but so what?
Breeland Speaks is on a $6 million contract as a professional athlete. Criticizing his physique is more than fair, especially when you consider that it was obvious that his speed held him back last year.

It’s absolutely fair for fans to question a player’s commitment to the game when he had a gut last year and has one again this year.

As someone who keeps himself in decent enough shape, I don’t care at all if a poster on here is overweight or whatever. They aren’t making $6 million to produce as a professional athlete for the team that I cheer for. I do care if a player who struggled with speed shows up for OTAs and appears to be out of shape.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:11 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Breeland Speaks is on a $6 million contract as a professional athlete. Criticizing his physique is more than fair, especially when you consider that it was obvious that his speed held him back last year.

It’s absolutely fair for fans to question a player’s commitment to the game when he had a gut last year and has one again this year.

As someone who keeps himself in decent enough shape, I don’t care at all if a poster on here is overweight or whatever. They aren’t making $6 million to produce as a professional athlete for the team that I cheer for. I do care if a player who struggled with speed shows up for OTAs and appears to be out of shape.
Saying he needs to lose 20 pounds for what we think his role this year might be is one thing. A whole thread acting like the guy is a tubbo when most of the people saying so are tubbos is what I found amusing.
[Reply]
TEX 11:55 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
Brooke is probably the one thing Speaks WOULDN'T eat
:-) :-)
[Reply]
MahiMike 11:59 AM 05-24-2019
Moving to center?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:40 PM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Turd McBride
Was it Turk or Tank who raided the pea patch?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:43 PM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Saying he needs to lose 20 pounds for what we think his role this year might be is one thing. A whole thread acting like the guy is a tubbo when most of the people saying so are tubbos is what I found amusing.
You are far too sensitive for football fandom.

And ghey. Soooooo ghey.
[Reply]
Buckweath 12:49 PM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

Yeah, it does speak about a player's desire to be great.

If you let yourself get out of shape, as a professionnal athlete, it shows that you are not dedicated and probably don't care.

It's basically totally part of your job to stay in great shape and you are paid millions for it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:51 PM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Not sure he’s gained weight. He’s had that belly fat for a long time.
Exactly.

Speaks was a fat pile of shit when we drafted him.

Which is why we shouldn't have drafted him.

I'm hopeful Veach is at least willing to consider him a sunk cost now that they've traded for Clark. Clark, Okafor, Ogbah, Jones, Nnadi, Saunders and probably even Hamilton and Williams are going to be flat out better players than that guy.

Speaks was just a completely awful pick and the only reason some folks don't want to admit that is they had spent the off-season convincing themselves that he'd come in to a new position and after an off-season in an NFL conditioning program have himself transformed and able to make a difference.

He'll be out of the league in 3 years. That was a truly awful draft pick. Poor functional strength, no burst to speak of, no technique he's ever demonstrated and the absolute BEST thing that can be said about the fat bastard as that at least he was already fat when we took him.

Hurray.
[Reply]
Buckweath 12:55 PM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Exactly.

Speaks was a fat pile of shit when we drafted him.

Which is why we shouldn't have drafted him.

I'm hopeful Veach is at least willing to consider him a sunk cost now that they've traded for Clark. Clark, Okafor, Ogbah, Jones, Nnadi, Saunders and probably even Hamilton and Williams are going to be flat out better players than that guy.

Speaks was just a completely awful pick and the only reason some folks don't want to admit that is they had spent the off-season convincing themselves that he'd come in to a new position and after an off-season in an NFL conditioning program have himself transformed and able to make a difference.

He'll be out of the league in 3 years. That was a truly awful draft pick. Poor functional strength, no burst to speak of, no technique he's ever demonstrated and the absolute BEST thing that can be said about the fat bastard as that at least he was already fat when we took him.

Hurray.
The good thing is the expectations are low for both Tanoh and Speaks.

And to be fair, the Chiefs have had a terrific track record over the last few years in the first two rounds so it is only normal that at some point you will get a legit bust, maybe two in this case. It's not like they were high first round picks either.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:58 PM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Yeah, it does speak about a player's desire to be great.

If you let yourself get out of shape, as a professionnal athlete, it shows that you are not dedicated and probably don't care.

It's basically totally part of your job to stay in great shape and you are paid millions for it.
Exactly. Even more so when it’s a second year player with agility/speed as his obvious weakness in his game.
[Reply]
gblowfish 01:02 PM 05-24-2019

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:06 PM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
The good thing is the expectations are low for both Tanoh and Speaks.

And to be fair, the Chiefs have had a terrific track record over the last few years in the first two rounds so it is only normal that at some point you will get a legit bust, maybe two in this case. It's not like they were high first round picks either.
What I don't understand is how they could've found themselves where they were, watching that board fall the way it fell, with a clear willingness to move up and an emphasis on the Edge....and DIDN'T go get Harold Landry. I was surprised he fell out of the 1st and when he just kept slipping in the 2nd, if you're hard up enough on Edge with that pick that you'll trade up for !@#$ing Speaks, man go get Landry.

Eh...whatever. There weren't a ton of amazing options and I'm not gonna lie and say I was all over Fred Warner (I liked Justin Reid a fair amount at that spot, though). I just wish we wouldn't have gotten such terrible tunnel vision and when good options dried up at Edge, just took the last of what we thought was tolerable.

I mean how nice would Dallas Goedert look right now? Christian Kirk? Carlton Davis? Speaks just looks like such a panic pick.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 17
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up