ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How about some Dirty Dan Love!
Red Dawg 05:51 PM 01-12-2020
Two game changing plays made a huge impact.

We are tough on him but he has made big plays this year.
[Reply]
scho63 06:22 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Two game changing plays made a huge impact.

We are tough on him but he has made big plays this year.
I've always loved Dirty Dan.

He ain't the fastest guy, he ain't the best guy but he is probably the hardest working dirty fucker on our team and he never gives up. He makes plays! :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:56 AM 01-13-2020
He’s not a starter but there is a place for him. I’m half way hoping we can extend him for not a lot of new money to get his cap number down and let him stick around awhile.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 05:02 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
He’s not a starter but there is a place for him. I’m half way hoping we can extend him for not a lot of new money to get his cap number down and let him stick around awhile.
I dunno about "awhile"... hes perfect at this very moment in time for what we need depthwise. But the guy will be 30 yrs old in less than 2 months and is at the tail end of his prime if not already on the physical cliff for a DB. Enjoy it while we have it then move on, no need to keep an expensive backup vet on the downhill golden years of his career beyond the current contract.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:09 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
I dunno about "awhile"... hes perfect at this very moment in time for what we need depthwise. But the guy will be 30 yrs old in less than 2 months and is at the tail end of his prime if not already on the physical cliff for a DB. Enjoy it while we have it then move on, no need to keep an expensive backup vet on the downhill golden years of his career beyond the current contract.
I know. And him losing a step won’t be good at all.

But the value he brings in knowing the defense and his heads up plays aren’t nothing. I don’t know where the value line is, other than not at next years number, but I’d sure like to see him stay.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:07 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I've always loved his play. He shows up as much as anybody. Every team needs this type of player, a blue collar guy that comes to work ,is dependable and demands a modest salary.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:13 AM 01-13-2020
Dirty Dan not only belongs on the field , he shows why....always making plays in crucial times.

You guys are FOS with the marginalization of the man.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:17 AM 01-13-2020
Nobody's perfect, obviously that includes Dan the Man. But I have always liked the guy's attitude, and in spite of what others think I've never thought he was a liability to this team. Not a starter, but an essential cog in the defensive wheel. He's getting up there. Hopefully we can sign him cheap and he'll finish his career as a Chief...with a SB trophy or two to boot!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:28 AM 01-13-2020

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:32 AM 01-13-2020
Well worth his pay.

[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 07:33 AM 01-13-2020
He and D Will are clutch in the playoffs
[Reply]
scho63 07:35 AM 01-13-2020
Look how much open space that runner has and then you can appreciate Dirty Dan's play even more. There isn't a soul within 10 yards. :-)

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:35 AM 01-13-2020
Kelce was a monster yesterday. But Sorenson was the mvp. His two special teams plays were that damn important.

Let's not forget that Dirty Dan also SHOULD HAVE BEEN defensive mvp last year. If not for Dee Ford.
[Reply]
scho63 04:16 PM 01-20-2020
Dirty Dan played a great game again. Some impressive tackling of Henry. Not any TOs or game changes but still a wild man on D.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:25 PM 01-20-2020
I wish he was quicker/faster as a safety, but he's certainly filled a role*
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up