ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 24
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Harrison Butker Appreciation Thread ***
Nickhead 10:56 PM 10-03-2017

:-) to our newest place butker

I mean he is brave enough to wear #7 :-)

3/4 made.

for now i am going to apply the kareem hunt rule when it comes to our new kicker.

botched the first, he will be game money the rest of the way? :-)

i must say it is weird seeing the fans in the screen shots of the new kicker. the old one always was shown with nothing but grass behind him. :-)
[Reply]
UK_Chief 02:40 AM 11-08-2021
MVP
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:42 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by el borracho:
What was the name of the kicker the Chiefs drafted instead of Crosby. Medellin? Meadow? Medusa? Mentos? Medulla Oblongata? Something that began with M.

Crosby was widely considered the top prospect and the Chiefs took some bum instead. It was the only time I remember being annoyed about drafting the wrong kicker.

Anyway, Butker is pretty great.
Justin Medlock? Light-skinned dude. That sounds right.
[Reply]
FlorentinePogen 12:55 PM 12-13-2021
Bump because Butker is MONEY. Another 54yd fg yesterday with plenty of room to spare.
[Reply]
scho63 01:00 PM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by FlorentinePogen:
Bump because Butker is MONEY. Another 54yd fg yesterday with plenty of room to spare.
In windy conditions too! :-)
[Reply]
Sofa King 01:04 PM 12-13-2021
Yeah, he's a freak.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:05 PM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by el borracho:
What was the name of the kicker the Chiefs drafted instead of Crosby. Medellin? Meadow? Medusa? Mentos? Medulla Oblongata? Something that began with M.

Crosby was widely considered the top prospect and the Chiefs took some bum instead. It was the only time I remember being annoyed about drafting the wrong kicker.

Anyway, Butker is pretty great.
Medlock made a career in the CFL

https://www.cfl.ca/players/justin-medlock/149157/

Chiefs drafted him because of Carl’s UCLA connections.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:42 PM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by FlorentinePogen:
It was an amazing kick, and I say that without hyperbole. With those winds, I didn't think we should attempt a kick that long. He drilled it.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:43 PM 12-13-2021
We have, seemingly, developed and supplied kickers to the rest of the NFL.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:52 PM 12-13-2021
Butker is the best kicker not named Justin Tucker. If Tucker didn't exist, the NFL as a whole would be consistently telling the world that Butker was the best kicker in football, period.

Amazing that some CPers were weeping about a few missed XPs and demanding he be traded/cut just a little while ago. Dipsticks.
[Reply]
TLO 01:56 PM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Justin Medlock? Light-skinned dude. That sounds right.
I remember that guy. Got cut after week 1 or 2.
[Reply]
jettio 02:25 PM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
It was an amazing kick, and I say that without hyperbole. With those winds, I didn't think we should attempt a kick that long. He drilled it.
It seemed like the wind really messed with Butker's kicks to the other goal post. They faded to the right. Seems like his kicks in that direction of the 54 yd FG stayed straight, so I was expecting him to make it.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:29 PM 12-13-2021
At some point in the recent past, NFL kicking hit an inflection point. In the past, fans were happy when a kicker made a 50+ yard field goal because they didn't really expect it to be good. Now they're unhappy when a kicker misses a 50+ yard field goal because they expect it to be made. As a result, I think we're too harsh on our kickers.

Butker is the best kicker who ever lived on the planet.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:40 PM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Butker is the best kicker not named Justin Tucker. If Tucker didn't exist, the NFL as a whole would be consistently telling the world that Butker was the best kicker in football, period.

Amazing that some CPers were weeping about a few missed XPs and demanding he be traded/cut just a little while ago. Dipsticks.
Yeah, I'd like to try to make an argument that Butker is better than Tucker but I just can't.

Tucker is unbelievable. He once had a year where he went 10/10 on kicks longer than 50 yards. He's made 174 of 177 kicks inside of 40 yards and 95% of his kicks over his career of less than 50 yards. Oh, and since 2016 he's hit on about 85% of his kicks over 50 yards. He had those 2 weird years where he really struggled from long distances. In those 2 years he missed 11 kicks over 50 yards. He's missed 7 in every other year of his career combined.

Dude's just a monster.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:46 PM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, I'd like to try to make an argument that Butker is better than Tucker but I just can't.

Tucker is unbelievable. He once had a year where he went 10/10 on kicks longer than 50 yards. He's made 174 of 177 kicks inside of 40 yards and 95% of his kicks over his career of less than 50 yards. Oh, and since 2016 he's hit on about 85% of his kicks over 50 yards. He had those 2 weird years where he really struggled from long distances. In those 2 years he missed 11 kicks over 50 yards. He's missed 7 in every other year of his career combined.

Dude's just a monster.
And he sings like an angel.

Fortunately, kicking is a function where players don't compete against each other, but rather they compete against perfection. Tucker can be as good as he wants, but if Butker is also near-perfect, I'm happy.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:52 PM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

You must be new here. Welcome to CP! Who knows? Maybe we "won't sniff the playoffs this year" because "Andy Reid is a terrible coach" and we should "fire Spags"! Is Pat Mahomes "a flash in the pan?" Find out here!
[Reply]
Page 15 of 24
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up