ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 105 of 114
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
Woogieman 08:10 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yep I thought so too. I am not opposed to a dome but rather it be some kind of rolling roof and they have to play on a grass.
From what I could gather, rolling roofs add up to $50mm to the tab, but it would be worth it to not have to watch a game in a dome.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:12 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I've been down State Avenue many times, probably ~5 miles down to Don Antonio for some of the best street tacos in the city, and it's completely fine. It's an older area, never saw anything sketchy.

There's a mediocre Chinese buffet in a building that used to be a Ponderosa... a good Mexican joint in an old IHOP building. Culture.
Sounds spooky!
[Reply]
tk13 08:13 PM 04-30-2024

Here's the video that's being circulated of what a new @Chiefs stadium would look like in KS.

This comes as the House and Senate are still working on a tax cut deal.

The STAR Bond proposal still hasn't been brought up. The later the night goes, the less of a chance it has. pic.twitter.com/sE7GA9SD5f

— Matt Evans (@MattEvansKMBC) May 1, 2024

[Reply]
Bearcat 08:19 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
I just remember the TrueValue Hardware store. Still not Rattown. Bannister and James A Reed is KCMO.
I vaguely remember Bannister Mall... mostly for Annie's Santa Fe and fighting with my brother over the queso soaked tortilla they used to serve chips and queso.
[Reply]
srvy 08:19 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That's probably a 2 billion dollar stadium, but it still makes more sense than being in Raytown.
The only stadiums I know of in Rattown is Raytown and Raytown South HS? Please steer me to a professional sports stadium in Raytown.
[Reply]
srvy 08:23 PM 04-30-2024
Truman Sports Complex is nearer to Independence than Raytown. In fact if memory serves me They have an agreement with the Independence Water department that serves some of TSC with water.
[Reply]
Pauly D 08:29 PM 04-30-2024
TSC is in a barren shithole of an area whereas Village West is already well established. MO needs to come up with something to match what KS is offering. If it's just another piss poor Arrowhead renovation like in the recent vote then it's already a foregone conclusion they are moving over the state line IMO.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:32 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by TribalElder:

yikes

Andy will retire before going to Kansas, as all mormons know Missouri is the holy land
Something like this would be ideal IMO as long as they keep grass as the field surface
[Reply]
stevieray 08:33 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
That rendering looks 100 times better than the arrowhead one
My favorite part is the ten full rows of parking on one side of the stadium and eleventy billion cars on the opposite side.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 08:34 PM 04-30-2024
Anyone else thinking that the Royals/Chiefs both planned all along to see this vote fail, so they could go their "separate" ways and leverage Kansas and Missouri against each other? Say the Chiefs get a deal cut with Kansas sooner than later, leaving Missouri with nothing but the Royals and their hopes to get a new downtown/NKC stadium?

Might be the best thing for both franchises and the KC Metro region as a whole.
[Reply]
baitism 08:35 PM 04-30-2024
As someone moving to Basehor, I'm all in. I would get season tickets again.
[Reply]
srvy 08:36 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I vaguely remember Bannister Mall... mostly for Annie's Santa Fe and fighting with my brother over the queso soaked tortilla they used to serve chips and queso.
That was the best Annies Santa Fe in the area. The best looking babes they filter later over to Jerimiah Tuttles to dance.

We were the engineer and surveyors for Copaken White and Blitt who built the Bannister Mall. I spent a lot of time out there when it was being built. Memories !
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 09:04 PM 04-30-2024
As long as the team stays in the metro area Chiefs fans in general should be happy. As a fan I think the most important thing is that the Chiefs fundamentally remain the same team. And a nice location on the KS sounds fine.

Having said that, for the state of Missouri, surely it's be a bad look to end up losing four championship winning major league teams in the last 15 years.

Maybe the average non sports fan doesn't give enough of a shit for the state to do much about this. Again, I don't know how this works but I'd have thought that the state would want to work with the counties to keep these teams around. Especially when one is in the middle of a dynasty which has thrust Kansas City into the international sports spotlight.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:05 PM 04-30-2024

Here's the video that's being circulated of what a new @Chiefs stadium would look like in KS.

This comes as the House and Senate are still working on a tax cut deal.

The STAR Bond proposal still hasn't been brought up. The later the night goes, the less of a chance it has. pic.twitter.com/sE7GA9SD5f

— Matt Evans (@MattEvansKMBC) May 1, 2024

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:06 PM 04-30-2024

[Reply]
Page 105 of 114
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109 > Last »
Up